Remember when Alex Smith couldn't lead his talented 49ers to the Super Bowl?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well so last year was his 2nd season? and I did say other teams evidently were not interested, which says to me scouting
for teams is not very good.
And KC did a good job developing him, unlike our team did with white and rush.
I can't wait to see what happens to him this season he played like a high school quarterback the Patriots had him running for his life.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Answer the question. What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? What has he shown on the football field that cause all these insurmountable doubts that he can not get to a NFC Championship game with everything Romo had and Danny had?

The Alex Smith example holds no water. He led his team to the NFC Championship game and he was not driving a bus in that game dueling with Drew Brees (see video below). The QB gets all the blame for a loss and too much credit for the win. That is the NFL. Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, and Washington won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs in the 80's. So a bus driver is not a bad thing if that bus has a sign Super Bowl Miami on the front. Tony Romo could not get a Divisional Playoff win. Cabo was more important (maybe he can team up with Zeke now).

I think Dak Prescott is an absolute winner. From the first snap until the last snap everything in between is called football I can't what you do when the game matters most 4th quarter on the line. That's when he plays his best football. I'm tired of eating my words in the first second third quarter giving him a hard time. When it comes to make me eat my words at the end of the game. And I don't like eating my words LOL. Go Cowboys go Prescott

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Answer the question. What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? What has he shown on the football field that cause all these insurmountable doubts that he can not get to a NFC Championship game with everything Romo had and Danny had?

The Alex Smith example holds no water. He led his team to the NFC Championship game and he was not driving a bus in that game dueling with Drew Brees (see video below). The QB gets all the blame for a loss and too much credit for the win. That is the NFL. Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, and Washington won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs in the 80's. So a bus driver is not a bad thing if that bus has a sign Super Bowl Miami on the front. Tony Romo could not get a Divisional Playoff win. Cabo was more important (maybe he can team up with Zeke now).

Stop being the lion from the wizard of oz and say exactly what you think my agenda is. My agenda is Dak is average like his football daddy Alex Smith. Also if you show the post where I said he can't get to the NFCc game you'd have a point but I didn't post that so answer you're own stupid question. If you don't see the lack of passing skills Dak has you're just one of his fan boys he has hypnotized and that's cool. I want him to do well since he on the team but that don't mean I can't see he's average sorry.

Alex Smith didn't lead the 9ers to jack expletive he just was the QB on the team.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dallas gave Tony Romo +10 years to get to a NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl with a record number of Pro Bowlers in 2007 and 3 Top 10 Defenses. Danny White got 9 years and gave the Cowboys 3 NFC Championship games in a row. Now you want to only give Dak 1 1/2 years with a no.1 WR, no.1 TE and no.1 RB. Dak was without Zeke 1/2 of the 2017 season, without a no.1 TE the 2018 season, and without a no.1 WR 1/2 of the 2018 season. During these 3 years Dak delivered 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 with a wild card playoff win.

What is the real agenda and reason you think Dak can not get you to a NFC Championship game at QB? It is not football.
don't forget the key words If and most stacked team since the last super bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what happens to him this season he played like a high school quarterback the Patriots had him running for his life.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Pats had him completely buffaloed, though he did finally start moving the ball in the 4th. Going to be interesting for sure.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yup, Zeke never adjusted. Rarely ran to the outside.

BS take on the game not at all supported by actual drive charts.. drive 1, Zeke touched the ball 4 times out of 7, meaning the SCRIPTED drive. That hot Cooper in the slot for a TD. Dak couldn’t find Cooper at all the rest of the game. Drives 2 and 3, Dak threw 5 times and Zeke ran twice. Three and out series and 4 and out series. The 4th drive, Zeke averaged 10 YPC against soft zone with time running out, and even had a 12 yard reception on a dump off by Dak. Zeke touched the ball 4 out of 7 times. Dak sacked himself for -8 yards out of scoring position.

The fifth drive, checkdown Charlie threw it two times and Zeke only rushed once. Checkdown Charloe threw two incompletions to Zeke on checkdowns, meaning he was basically conservative and not doing anything.

What that means is the Cowboys were PASS dominant and they floundered around because Dak couldn’t challenge them with their arm.

Dak’s numbers at the end of the day were basically stat padding against soft zones, when the Rams opened up the lead.

Last edited:

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Watching Dak throw the Cowboys out of the game... We can go through how pass dominant the Cowboys actually were with Dak looking like a bum..

When a long time retired QB (David Carr) humiliates you on Live TV and shows your complete lack of accuracy...that is a problem.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Pats had him completely buffaloed, though he did finally start moving the ball in the 4th. Going to be interesting for sure.
Yes he started moving the ball and then they went back to their initial defense and shut them down again. That particular defense destroys him. He doesn't know how to handle an all-out attack

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes he started moving the ball and then they went back to their initial defense and shut them down again. That particular defense destroys him. He doesn't know how to handle an all-out attack
No QB can consistently produce w/ constant pressure. Brady put up all of 13 points.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No QB can consistently produce w/ constant pressure. Brady put up all of 13 points.
Yes but some handle it better than others. Some welcome the Blitz the pressure. We'll have to see what this young kid does going forward. It's not that I'm not a fan I just don't think he's the best thing since sliced bread

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes but some handle it better than others. Some welcome the Blitz the pressure. We'll have to see what this young kid does going forward. It's not that I'm not a fan I just don't think he's the best thing since sliced bread
I'm of the opposite opinion. I think he's freakishly good.

Wasn't the first and won't be the last time a great coach made a great player not so great. Belly also did this to Payton for years. Did it to the Rams, Falcons in the 4th quarter, and consistently does it most years. Doesn't mean the QB sucks.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the time I said they just needed a play maker at QB to get them over the hump, the bus driver is holding them back. Well AT THE TIME Kaepernick was the guy to do so and he helped get them there.

I fear this is what we're going to find ourselves in, but without the QB change to ever give us a chance to compete. How many more years can we afford to waste, assuming we don't make it to the final game? Let's say we fall short again in 2019, are you all ready to find a guy to take the offense one step further while we still have all pro talent surrounding this position?

We are 1 Qualified QB away from the Superbowl!!!!!
I can here Jimmy screaming it baby!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
The Rams was smart enough to key in on Zeke and stop the running game. That should have worked out fine because Dak should have torched them through the air off of play-action passes. My question is where was the rest of the team including the defense? An accurate pass game should have carved the Rams defense apart when opposing defenses key in on the running game.
LOL Dak’s passing was the ONLY reason we were in the game.

How many 8-9 man boxes did Zeke face? They were shutting the run down with 7 in the box.

If the number of 8-9 man boxes wasn’t an inordinate amount, then your take, as usual, is complete garbage. Playaction doesn’t work when the defense isn’t loading the box.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL Dak’s passing was the ONLY reason we were in the game.

How many 8-9 man boxes did Zeke face? They were shutting the run down with 7 in the box.

If the number of 8-9 man boxes wasn’t an inordinate amount, then your take, as usual, is complete garbage. Playaction doesn’t work when the defense isn’t loading the box.

Just like in the Packer playoff game Dak started to move the offense when it was Garbage time..........sorry bud it is what it is!
Stack the box stop Zeke and win the Game....all opponents know our secret....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Smith was one boneheaded mistake away from the Super Bowl with his 49ers, and the mistake wasn't his; it was a special teams gaffe.

Nav22

Reaction score
Just like in the Packer playoff game Dak started to move the offense when it was Garbage time..........sorry bud it is what it is!
Stack the box stop Zeke and win the Game....all opponents know our secret....
So tying the game late vs Green Bay was “garbage time”?

Useless human being.