Reminder: Defense wins championships

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Defense keeps you in the game. Look no further than last weeks Ravens game. Lamar didn’t come out guns blazing. He put up 10 points in the first half. But, the defense gave up a FG. That gave Lamar time to figure it out and he blasted the Texans in the second half. Maybe Dak never figures out the packers D but giving up 41 points gives the team no real chance to win.

The measure of a defense is what they do against the good teams.
Offense: Punt. Pick. Punt. Pick 6.

Defense: TD, 3 and out, TD off int in Red Zone, TD

Felt like defense tried to get off the mat with the second drive and Dak ran over and hit them with a steel chair. Then followed that up with a bat to the back of the head. Everyone knew Playoff Prescott had arrived by the second drive. You, me, the players..everyone. The defense played like they knew it was over.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense: Punt. Pick. Punt. Pick 6.

Defense: TD, 3 and out, TD off int in Red Zone, TD

Felt like defense tried to get off the mat with the second drive and Dak ran over and hit them with a steel chair. Then followed that up with a bat to the back of the head. Everyone knew Playoff Prescott had arrived by the second drive. You, me, the players..everyone. The defense played like they knew it was over.
Yep after the 2 Niner playoff losses they had seen this nightmare before and chose to cruise to defeat as it was inevitable!
Our QB had 400 yards of Garbage stats though...... :muttley: ......Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, that awesome GB defense was ranked around 25th. Nobody could score on that defense. I blame Jerry....discussion is over.
Have you looked into why that might be? They are one of the youngest teams and if you paid attention, you could see them improving as the season went on. Regular season stats don’t matter in January. Our offense ranked high, their defense ranked low……… it means nothing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Have you looked into why that might be? They are one of the youngest teams and if you paid attention, you could see them improving as the season went on. Regular season stats don’t matter in January. Our offense ranked high, their defense ranked low……… it means nothing.
Some say the Cowboys' defense had no answer for the Packers' offense. The Packers' defense confused Prescott and the Cowboys' offense, making Lamb a non-factor until the fourth quarter. The Packers also scored touchdowns on five straight series until pulling their starters out of the game in the fourth quarter. Then our superstar racked up worthless points and stats.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
These 3 teams play tough, physical defense. They get in your face and challenge offenses. Exactly the opposite of Quinn's defenses the last couple of months.
This , our team is not physical and more smoke and mirrors , especially strong LB corps and DL ( DL is geared for pass rush but not for beating up opponents)

The Natural

Reaction score
KC is doing this with 0 players drafted in the top 25 starting on their defense. What excuse does Quinn have

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KC is doing this with 0 players drafted in the top 25 starting on their defense. What excuse does Quinn have
Romo kept saying it ad naseum and we used to have something like “winning” in our DNA. There something to it. KC players get on the field KNOWING they can win and expect too. They also draft really well. Chris Jones was a great FA signing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Romo kept saying it ad naseum and we used to have something like “winning” in our DNA. There something to it. KC players get on the field KNOWING they can win and expect too. They also draft really well. Chris Jones was a great FA signing.
You mean great draft pick.

kskboys

Reaction score
Trent McDuffie, 21.

Still, what they do is draft hardnosed big DLinemen early and often.

kskboys

Reaction score
I thought they got him from another team. Consider me checked. I’m just glad we took Jaylon Smith a few picks ahead of him. lol
Although he wasn't a known quantity, he still would've been a better pick than IHOP.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to win a SB without a very balanced team.
X a bajillion. Very very very seldom has a one dimensional team won it all. 00 Ravens, only team I can think of.

Basically, you can look down through the decades and it won't take long to see that O teams w/ no D do not win super bowls. I actually can't think of even one that did. NE came close in 17 w/ the 29th ranked D, but that D is what caused them to lose the super bowl.