Report: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No coach, Walton was the no coach. As for leadership, how many Superbowls since 1995 has the Cowboy leadership gotten them.
roflmao... my man dont be goofy.

The Lakers had a 28% winning percentage for the 5 year period 2014-1018.
That's not about titles that is just being anything other than absolute trash.

The Cowboys have won the division twice in 3 years and won a playoff game last year with the youngest team(non special teamers) in the NFL.

The Lakers team has been a straight up dumpster fire and every step of the way we've heard nothing but nonsense about them being title contenders the next season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
His 3 PT % will be better simply because having better players on the floor. He forced a lot of contested 3s last season. With LeBron and AD, the floor spacing should be much better.
In order to argue this you kinda gotta know who those players are. LOL.

Offense will run through LBJ and AD for sure but if they dont have floor spacers it wont work...
Doesn't matter anyway as it appears they are trading Kuz to reach max cap space.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A supposed insider on lakersground says this stuff has already been worked out. People on there seem to think he is legit, but I have no idea.

Also talk about having only Lebron/Kuzma, and Deng's extended contract on the books, to leave LA with 38 million in cap space. Sounds too good to be true. Kawai is the only player I would give a max contract too.
38 isnt reachable unless AD takes less. AD/LBJ and 5m dead space is ~74M out of 109M Kuz adds 2. Means 33M and max slot BUT you gotta add 750K per empty slot. And that's A LOT of empty slots. They are eating 6 NOW before they trade those dudes. So 8 slots is ~6.M. Now you are at 27 to 27.5M free.
But yes the whispers from LAL suggest this is a done deal. I don't see any way the math works unless AD gives up his 4m trade kicker.

So question is, is this just more puffery like a lot of what has come out of LAL the last 5 years or good info like the LBJ signing?

Code:
 LeBron James MAX     34     SF     Cap Space     $37,436,858     -     -     ($117,658,696)     $37,436,858     26.84
Anthony Davis MAX     26     PF     Bird     $27,093,019     -     $4,063,953     ($55,844,794)     $31,156,972     22.33
Moritz Wagner     22     PF     Rookie     $2,063,520     -     -     ($2,063,520)     $2,063,520     1.48
Kyle Kuzma     24     PF     Rookie     $1,974,600     -     -     ($1,974,600)     $1,974,600     1.42
Isaac Bonga     19     PG     Cap Space     $1,416,852     -     -     ($1,416,852)     $1,416,852     1.02
Jermerrio Jones     24     F     Minimum     $1,416,852     -     -     -     $1,416,852     1.02

2019-20 Dead Cap

Cap breakdowns for players who have been traded or released. All count against the team's Total Cap Allocations.
Luol Deng     34     SF         $5,000,000     -     -     -     $5,000,000     3.58

2019-20 Cap Holds

Cap holds represent "placeholders" for pending free agents, unsigned draft picks, offer sheets, etc... Since the Lakers are currently over the league salary cap, these cap holds do not count against their Total Cap figure. Denouncing these cap holds will NOT afford the team any new cap space. These figures are not counted toward a team's Luxury Tax Allocation.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope     26     SG     Early Bird                             $15,600,000     
Rajon Rondo     33     PG     Non-Bird                             $10,800,000     
Mike Muscala     28     PF     Bird                             $9,500,000     
Lance Stephenson     28     SG     Non-Bird                             $5,338,800     
Reggie Bullock     28     SG     Bird                             $4,750,000     
Tyson Chandler     36     C     Non-Bird                             $1,618,486     
JaVale McGee     31     C     Non-bird                             $1,618,486     
Alex Caruso     25     G     Restricted Early Bir                             $1,443,842     
Johnathan Williams     24     PF     Restricted Non-Bird                             $1,443,842     
Incomplete Roster Charge (6 spots)                                           $5,382,948

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
As if I needed another reason to hate Leboner James. As a Celtic fan, I love seeing LA sell the farm and go all in for next year. That entire franchise is a joke. Actually, the entire NBA is a joke these days. Guys are quitting on their teams because they want to go play next to their BFF in another city. How anyone can cheer for Anthony Davis is beyond me. He's a quitter. Yet, he got his way, is a Laker now and will be playing next to his BFF. Oh, and he WILL be giving them a discount so they can go out and sign another BFF. Now, don't feel bad for AD as he will DEFINITELY get his money. How you ask? Watch, he will have a role in LeBoner's Space Jam II movie and he will be paid back the discount that the Lakers got. Doing so allows them to sign their BFF without being over the cap. How the NBA is allowing this is beyond me. Can't wait for LeBoner to hang them up so that the league can get back to the way it used to be when it was enjoyable to watch and be a fan. Rant over. :laugh:

kev8822

Reaction score
38 isnt reachable unless AD takes less. AD/LBJ and 5m dead space is ~74M out of 109M Kuz adds 2. Means 33M and max slot BUT you gotta add 750K per empty slot. And that's A LOT of empty slots. They are eating 6 NOW before they trade those dudes. So 8 slots is ~6.M. Now you are at 27 to 27.5M free.
But yes the whispers from LAL suggest this is a done deal. I don't see any way the math works unless AD gives up his 4m trade kicker.

So question is, is this just more puffery like a lot of what has come out of LAL the last 5 years or good info like the LBJ signing?

Code:
 LeBron James MAX     34     SF     Cap Space     $37,436,858     -     -     ($117,658,696)     $37,436,858     26.84
Anthony Davis MAX     26     PF     Bird     $27,093,019     -     $4,063,953     ($55,844,794)     $31,156,972     22.33
Moritz Wagner     22     PF     Rookie     $2,063,520     -     -     ($2,063,520)     $2,063,520     1.48
Kyle Kuzma     24     PF     Rookie     $1,974,600     -     -     ($1,974,600)     $1,974,600     1.42
Isaac Bonga     19     PG     Cap Space     $1,416,852     -     -     ($1,416,852)     $1,416,852     1.02
Jermerrio Jones     24     F     Minimum     $1,416,852     -     -     -     $1,416,852     1.02

2019-20 Dead Cap

Cap breakdowns for players who have been traded or released. All count against the team's Total Cap Allocations.
Luol Deng     34     SF         $5,000,000     -     -     -     $5,000,000     3.58

2019-20 Cap Holds

Cap holds represent "placeholders" for pending free agents, unsigned draft picks, offer sheets, etc... Since the Lakers are currently over the league salary cap, these cap holds do not count against their Total Cap figure. Denouncing these cap holds will NOT afford the team any new cap space. These figures are not counted toward a team's Luxury Tax Allocation.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope     26     SG     Early Bird                             $15,600,000    
Rajon Rondo     33     PG     Non-Bird                             $10,800,000    
Mike Muscala     28     PF     Bird                             $9,500,000    
Lance Stephenson     28     SG     Non-Bird                             $5,338,800    
Reggie Bullock     28     SG     Bird                             $4,750,000    
Tyson Chandler     36     C     Non-Bird                             $1,618,486    
JaVale McGee     31     C     Non-bird                             $1,618,486    
Alex Caruso     25     G     Restricted Early Bir                             $1,443,842    
Johnathan Williams     24     PF     Restricted Non-Bird                             $1,443,842    
Incomplete Roster Charge (6 spots)                                           $5,382,948
My guess is puffery until I actually see it. Don't want to get my hopes up.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Lakers are a mess. Sounds like they are just trying to sell tickets because they will have no bench much less 5 good starters.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27005071/sources-lakers-hustling-create-max-salary-slot

If I'm an owner of a team, not named the Lakers, there's no way in heck that I try to help them out with this mess. I wouldn't sell them our home jersey let alone one of my 2nd round draft picks. If all teams would agree, we could sit around and watch this once storied franchise burn to the ground right in front of our eyes. :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My guess is puffery until I actually see it. Don't want to get my hopes up.
Lakers were my fave team and Magic my fave player as a kid.
Once DAL got a team it was easy to build a rivalry with them in the West for the few years Mavs were good (Aguirre/Blackman/Harper) they ran into LA.
Then of course just dealing with the Shaq/Kobe era.

But I think the league is better when they are fun and I love to visit LA (once sat 1 table away from Steph Curry --Clippers playoffs series this year-- and family in an Italian spot in Beverly Hills).
So it's fun to see them humbled a bit and there are inane Lakers fans that will tell you they are getting AD/Kawhi AND Kemba. --those people drive everyone else nuts.

So ultimately I wish they had chosen Magic over Pelinka and got Rich Paul out the decision-making.
But I do want to see them turn it around.
And I'll be watching whether they do or not.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If I'm an owner of a team, not named the Lakers, there's no way in heck that I try to help them out with this mess. I wouldn't sell them our home jersey let alone one of my 2nd round draft picks. If all teams would agree, we could sit around and watch this once storied franchise burn to the ground right in front of our eyes. :D
key section is:

If Davis doesn't waive his $4.1 million trade bonus, the Lakers-Pelicans trade wouldn't be allowed even if Los Angeles finds a third team for the players not included in the original deal with New Orleans.

The Lakers would have to wait until July 30 to have the maximum cap space -- unless they were willing to incentivize New Orleans to agree to delay the completion of the trade.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That franchise is a complete joke. The team is being run by a guy who thinks he's playing NBA2K on his PlayStation.
realllly odd that they made no moves last night to free space or buy more 2nd round picks.
but perhaps AD, NOP and maybe some 3rd team do favors to get them out of this hole.
my bigger question is why the heck are players even looking at them with this level of dysfunction and buffoonery.
can you even trust these dudes sales pitches at this point?

kev8822

Reaction score
realllly odd that they made no moves last night to free space or buy more 2nd round picks.
but perhaps AD, NOP and maybe some 3rd team do favors to get them out of this hole.
my bigger question is why the heck are players even looking at them with this level of dysfunction and buffoonery.
can you even trust these dudes sales pitches at this point?
Supposedly this deal with ATL will clear the space for them when it's announced.

The organization is in a bit of a mess, but I'm sure its not as bad as ESPN makes it out to be. ESPN is all about clicks and pushing a click bait narrative. Woj hates the Lakers (Danny Ainge's mouth piece) , Windhorst has been frozen out by LBJ, Ramona Shelburne used to be Jennie Buss' mouth piece, has been frozen out as well. Jennie should've hired a real president instead of Magic. I'll always love Magic, but that is an 80 hour+ a week job.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Now we have to hear every Tom, Dick, and Harry that thinks they know anything about basketball, offer their 2 cents about the Lakers in 2020. I'm so sick of the Lakers being projected to be "back" every season. Lebron couldn't help them and AD will do no better. They may make the playoffs but they are an early exit team.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Supposedly this deal with ATL will clear the space for them when it's announced.

The organization is in a bit of a mess, but I'm sure its not as bad as ESPN makes it out to be. ESPN is all about clicks and pushing a click bait narrative. Woj hates the Lakers (Danny Ainge's mouth piece) , Windhorst has been frozen out by LBJ, Ramona Shelburne used to be Jennie Buss' mouth piece, has been frozen out as well. Jennie should've hired a real president instead of Magic. I'll always love Magic, but that is an 80 hour+ a week job.

Bulpett is Ainge's guy, not Woj.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

It is not unconceivable but IF so it will be one of the strangest trades in history because ATL already made additional trades.
NOP look to have executed this beautifully but LAL not so much.

Anthony Davis has turned into:
- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25
- And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

Take a bow Griffin.

LAL has turned a young team with max salary slot a couple games out of the playoffs into
LBJ
some 1 year ancient vets
a couple games out of the playoffs
max salary slot

then

AD
loss of control of their next 7 R1 draft picks
23.5M in cap space
Public ridicule

At end of day Magic was never going to be a day to day grinder.
But he was a legendary image and figurehead that helped draw James in the first place.
Pelinka has been useless and has that team suffering full on emotional distress.
They need a real GM not a former agent.

From Jerry Buss demanding they pay Kobe the max for as long as he wanted on, this LAL team has been making bad, bad decisions.
They've had the big breaks other teams dreams of and found a way to bungle them anyway.
But maybe, just maybe, this year will be different.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It’s worst than ESPN makes it out to be. Ownership has no clue on how to run an NBA organization. They’re doomed for years to come.

kskboys

Reaction score
It is not unconceivable but IF so it will be one of the strangest trades in history because ATL already made additional trades.
NOP look to have executed this beautifully but LAL not so much.

Anthony Davis has turned into:
- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25
- And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

Take a bow Griffin.

LAL has turned a young team with max salary slot a couple games out of the playoffs into
LBJ
some 1 year ancient vets
a couple games out of the playoffs
max salary slot

then

AD
loss of control of their next 7 R1 draft picks
23.5M in cap space
Public ridicule

At end of day Magic was never going to be a day to day grinder.
But he was a legendary image and figurehead that helped draw James in the first place.
Pelinka has been useless and has that team suffering full on emotional distress.
They need a real GM not a former agent.

From Jerry Buss demanding they pay Kobe the max for as long as he wanted on, this LAL team has been making bad, bad decisions.
They've had the big breaks other teams dreams of and found a way to bungle them anyway.
But maybe, just maybe, this year will be different.
Complete shocker if this short term all in crapp actually works. But, even then, at the very least it sure looks like a dismal future.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No coach, Walton was the no coach. As for leadership, how many Superbowls since 1995 has the Cowboy leadership gotten them.
How many did JJ get before 1995? It’s frustrating I know but to give up and crap on everything like you do is not the answer.