Report: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is not unconceivable but IF so it will be one of the strangest trades in history because ATL already made additional trades.
NOP look to have executed this beautifully but LAL not so much.

Anthony Davis has turned into:
- Lonzo Ball
- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- No. 8 pick in 19
- No. 17 pick in 19
- No. 35 pick in 19
- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8
- L.A.' 22 pick if not
- L.A. swap in 23
- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25
- And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

Take a bow Griffin.

LAL has turned a young team with max salary slot a couple games out of the playoffs into
LBJ
some 1 year ancient vets
a couple games out of the playoffs
max salary slot

then

AD
loss of control of their next 7 R1 draft picks
23.5M in cap space
Public ridicule

At end of day Magic was never going to be a day to day grinder.
But he was a legendary image and figurehead that helped draw James in the first place.
Pelinka has been useless and has that team suffering full on emotional distress.
They need a real GM not a former agent.

From Jerry Buss demanding they pay Kobe the max for as long as he wanted on, this LAL team has been making bad, bad decisions.
They've had the big breaks other teams dreams of and found a way to bungle them anyway.
But maybe, just maybe, this year will be different.
If the trade goes south this will be worse than the Nash trade. Davis is a stud, but he also comes with question. That injury history. Why hasnt he won? Its not enough for him to make some All Star and All NBA teams as a Laker, he needs to awnser those question. This trade has the potential to put Nola on the NBA map permanently

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s worst than ESPN makes it out to be. Ownership has no clue on how to run an NBA organization. They’re doomed for years to come.
Im starting to believe SAS when he said Buss overruled Magic on drafting Ball because she wanted a box office draw. He wanted De'Aaron Fox.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Im starting to believe SAS when he said Buss overruled Magic on drafting Ball because she wanted a box office draw. He wanted De'Aaron Fox.
They’re wasting the last few years Lebron has. I wonder what he’s thinking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since arriving they are doing everything he wants, tough to complain in those circumstances.
Losing is what they’ve been doing. Getting AD isn’t going to help when they got no one else, no role players and no bench.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If the trade goes south this will be worse than the Nash trade. Davis is a stud, but he also comes with question. That injury history. Why hasnt he won? Its not enough for him to make some All Star and All NBA teams as a Laker, he needs to awnser those question. This trade has the potential to put Nola on the NBA map permanently
The winning thing is why I can't put him top 5. Top 5 guys don't need much/any help to merely make the playoffs.
Injuries is a real concern given LBJ's age and how top heavy that team appears to be.
The goal should have been to get deeper, and rest LBJ on a schedule a la Pop and his guys. Extend the window a couple seasons that way.

AD has to "learn" to win LBJ can teach that but likely not without a team that can carry him for 20 minutes a night and in the back to backs.

LBJ and AD equal NBA Finals is dumbest thing I've ever heard. Let's get them a team (they have more coaches than players atm), see what system they run and how everyone is health wise come the playoffs.
LAL goal should be solitary. Make the playoffs. Anything more is goofy pressure.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
They’re wasting the last few years Lebron has. I wonder what he’s thinking.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're all hearing what he is saying by just looking at this entire dumpster fire as a whole. No doubt that he was 100% behind this if not was the voice in Buss's ear telling her what to do. Every where LeBoner has gone, he has stipulated how the roster needs to look for him to be happy and this is no different. No disrespect to his fan's but this dude is a joke and deserves the blame, although, no one is man enough to come out and say it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're all hearing what he is saying by just looking at this entire dumpster fire as a whole. No doubt that he was 100% behind this if not was the voice in Buss's ear telling her what to do. Every where LeBoner has gone, he has stipulated how the roster needs to look for him to be happy and this is no different. No disrespect to his fan's but this dude is a joke and deserves the blame, although, no one is man enough to come out and say it.
I don't see players wanting to play w/ Lebron.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't see players wanting to play w/ Lebron.
This is 100% a Los Angeles Lakers issue.
They knew LBJ had soured teammates and knew he was past his prime though yes still great.
They knew they had spent 5 years rebuilding and had climbed from dumpster fire back to competitive with draftees and a young coach.
They knew fans were uber excited about their future.
They didn't care.
They went for the quick fix and did so haphazardly.
This is an owner issue. Because the owner hires the GM. And the GM is basura.

What I would've done?
I would've approached Pop about becoming the Team President and GM.
Offered him anything he wanted.
He had just completed his Spurs championship runs and had seen that his guys retire. He was battling Kawhi and lost his wife.
A change of scenery might have been great for him and the Lakers.
Pop would've drafted well, built TEAMS and selected then mentored excellent coaches.

Instead LAL hired an agent to be the GM and he sold out to another agent to get a 34 year old superstar to come build his career/life after basketball in LA.
Madness.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
This is 100% a Los Angeles Lakers issue.
They knew LBJ had soured teammates and knew he was past his prime though yes still great.
They knew they had spent 5 years rebuilding and had climbed from dumpster fire back to competitive with draftees and a young coach.
They knew fans were uber excited about their future.
They didn't care.
They went for the quick fix and did so haphazardly.
This is an owner issue. Because the owner hires the GM. And the GM is basura.

What I would've done?
I would've approached Pop about becoming the Team President and GM.
Offered him anything he wanted.
He had just completed his Spurs championship runs and had seen that his guys retire. He was battling Kawhi and lost his wife.
A change of scenery might have been great for him and the Lakers.
Pop would've drafted well, built TEAMS and selected then mentored excellent coaches.

Instead LAL hired an agent to be the GM and he sold out to another agent to get a 34 year old superstar to come build his career/life after basketball in LA.
Madness.

I sure hope that you're one heck of a salesman because Pop is way too smart to accept a position like that and under an owner who's borderline psychotic. :laugh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I sure hope that you're one heck of a salesman because Pop is way too smart to accept a position like that and under an owner who's borderline psychotic. :laugh:
Would have offered him the highest salary in pro sports to be Team President and GM. Essentially blank check and full control over a team with young guys and lots of draft picks.
Now it's too late. They've locked themselves in for 5 years to team LeBron.
All to possibly repeat the end of the Kobe era.
Only solace being they can once and for all prove Kobe was the better player.........................
Will never understand that signing for either side to be honest. Almost immediately was negative for both sides.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
AD waives 4M trade kicker and LAL actually has 32m. Most players max.
CRAZY!
Let the madness begin.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This gets said a lot, but what top guy has taken a team to the finals with only a bunch of bums besides LeBron?
My man, I didn't say Finals.
I said playoffs. AD has MISSED the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. That's a legit knock.
He has Jrue and some other guys there.

AS a bonus for you though... Dallas in 2011 with Dirk and a mediocre cast of solid vets but no all-stars beat KD and OKC, Kobe and LAL and LBJ/WADE's Heat.

AD like his Kentucky bud KAT has been slightly overrated thus far based largely on potential.
Lakers fans are pretending he's Giannis... he's not close to that.
BUT he is one heck of a player every team would love to have.
Absolutely top 20, arguably top 12, definitely not top 5.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
My man, I didn't say Finals.
I said playoffs. AD has MISSED the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. That's a legit knock.
He has Jrue and some other guys there.

AS a bonus for you though... Dallas in 2011 with Dirk and a mediocre cast of solid vets but no all-stars beat KD and OKC, Kobe and LAL and LBJ/WADE's Heat.

AD like his Kentucky bud KAT has been slightly overrated thus far based largely on potential.
Lakers fans are pretending he's Giannis... he's not close to that.
BUT he is one heck of a player every team would love to have.
Absolutely top 20, arguably top 12, definitely not top 5.

I apologize, I misread your message. I thought this was another LeBron is overrated because he needs help to win thing.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Did you not just see Anthony Davis force his way into playing with LeBron?
Not only that, its the top 5-8 players in the league that have some sort of problem with it. You think solid role player guys like Trevor Ariza, JJ Redick, Kyle Korver, and 2nd tier players have a problem with it?

It seems to be a narrative out there because of what Kevin Durant said, but he was also looking at it through a prism of being a top player in the league. Kevin Durant and players like him are seeking a specific type of validation that they will not get playing with LeBron.