Report: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
U sure? I'm an old fert and only a casual BBall fan, but I'm pretty sure I remember the NBA puttin' the kibosh on some proposed trades.
The only one I recall is the CP to LA trade mentioned by @jterrell . A big deal was made about and it still gets talked about, so maybe thats why it seems like more

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Decent idea, would certainly help small market teams, but, how do you differentiate between 2 guys who get max contracts? What pick does GSW get for Durant vs TOR for Kawhi? Max contracts make any implementation of this far to arbitrary
Could use a system similar to what they use for Super max VS. Max.

Base it on player accomplishments. Say to qualify the player lost has to have at least made an All Star team during his previous contract. From there it all depends on how many accolades the player has achieved. Maybe place a numeric value on All Star teams, All D teams, All NBA, Offseason awards, ect...

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
The first team that Lebron took to the finals in Cleveland was a bunch of bums.

If Silver doesn't want to lose total control of the league as it sits today, it would be in his best interest to block this Kawhi to LA garbage before it picks up anymore steam. Not doing so would completely ruin what's left of the league.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Decent idea, would certainly help small market teams, but, how do you differentiate between 2 guys who get max contracts? What pick does GSW get for Durant vs TOR for Kawhi? Max contracts make any implementation of this far to arbitrary
good question. I'd suggest the formula includes games started, games played, and PER after you factor in salary as primary driver.

Johnny23

Reaction score
U sure? I'm an old fert and only a casual BBall fan, but I'm pretty sure I remember the NBA puttin' the kibosh on some proposed trades.
Barkley forced his way in a trade to Phoenix.

Moses Malone forced his way out of Houston to play with Dr. J..

Kareem forced his way out of Millwaukee to LA.

Wilt did the same thing.

The difference now is that they're buddying up together with friends.

This generation doesn't look at themselves like Samurai warriors. Buying into the turf war stuff. With Kawhi supposedly joining LeBron after proving he can win it on his own with am actual team. It's proof millennials are not wired that way.