Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

Frozen700

Reaction score
Cool just stay away from dallas.

Good thing you are not the GM......

Anyways...

Welcome Home Brother! Help us defeat and banish the demon named Romo, and lead us to the promise land!

Y7BlbK5.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peyton was out of Dallas before Romo took over and Parcells was not there that long either. I agree both men played a part not saying they didn't but Wilson has been with Romo the longest. as a 4th string PS player most of the work being done prior to Romo getting a chance was with QB was guys like Quincy Carter, Henson, Hutchinson and Vinny but they don't get blame for not being able to produce anything out of them but Romo is their guy?

If you recall, Parcells managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat with Quincy and got him and that team to a ten win season. Magic!

I know many who do not think much of Wilson but the plain fact is he has been with Romo since 2007 the longest of any of the coaches

In my opinion, tenure doesn't make a coach good. And we don't have to look far to find evidence. Even if you want to give Wilson or Garrett credit for Romo, you have to give the, blame for each and every other failure.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
The timing on this is just bad. If we didn't have the #4 overall pick and a chance at a possible future franchise QB, the I'd love the thought of getting either RGIII or Manziel - because at least the chance exists that one of them might turn it around and be great down the road. Maybe not a very big chance at all, but a chance nonetheless. Better than what we have now behind Romo.

But we DO have the #4 pick and should be able to get Goff, Lynch or even Wentz. A real shot at a franchise QB, particularly if we let him learn from the bench for a year or two.

RGIII or Manziel is fine if you have no hope for anyone else in other words. I'd rather have more substantial hope with a high drafted QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So an undrafted QB in Vaughn who played and a 4th rd pick in McGee and that shows Wade is not capable? wow, I would think a lot of coaches would have a hard time so called developing QB like that.

what shows that he is capable? You seem to want to try to poke holes in all of the other evidence and yet give Wilson credit for Romo's success.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you recall, Parcells managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat with Quincy and got him and that team to a ten win season. Magic!

In my opinion, tenure doesn't make a coach good. And we don't have to look far to find evidence. Even if you want to give Wilson or Garrett credit for Romo, you have to give the, blame for each and every other failure.

1st yes I do and I also recall him cutting QC loose. QC did a decent job that season not a sole reason we won.

As for BP influence on Romo sure he did but I don't think Romo stopped growing or learning after playing 1/2 a season under BP. I think highly of BP but then does this mean he failed with the other guys? Fact is Wilson has not had a lot of talent to work with and no matter how good a coach is he still needs talent to work with.

Without putting words in your mouth, do you think Romo stopped developing and learning? his play has continued to rise and while chalk board and pre season mean something it does not compare to when live bullets are taking place and BP was not here for that nor Payton so to discredit other coaches and act as if only BP and Payton were the reason Romo developed I think it s bit silly almost to the point of your own dislike of Garrett and Wade and to go out of your way to discredit others who have worked with Romo during his career

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure what to think of the guy...

He has a career passer rating above 90 with almost a 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

He didn't spend the season moping... did he learn more about the position?

I'd bring him in for a workout and to test his knowledge about the position.

Then go from there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
what shows that he is capable? You seem to want to try to poke holes in all of the other evidence and yet give Wilson credit for Romo's success.

Romo continual development as a QB. I like BP and Payton but I will not blame them because other QB who worked under them failed. I did see Henson or Hutchinson succeed they bombed as did some other but Romo does well and all of a sudden it is just BP and Peyton? come on BP was gone after 1/2 season of Romo as a starter and Romo did not stop learning and developing so yes Wade and Jason even according to Romo have been big in his development as a QB

Junglist

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Just when you think Jerry has turned a corner, he'd do something as dumb as this.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of the guy...

He has a career passer rating above 90 with almost a 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

He didn't spend the season moping... did he learn more about the position?

I'd bring him in for a workout and to test his knowledge about the position.

Then go from there.

Oh that's going to happen. Hopefully the way you described it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh that's going to happen. Hopefully the way you described it.

Even in his last season... 2014, the guy completed 68% of his passes and had a QB rating of 86.9 for a crummy team.

Again, I'm not saying the guy is "IT" but he's an option for the Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st yes I do and I also recall him cutting QC loose. QC did a decent job that season not a sole reason we won.

As for BP influence on Romo sure he did but I don't think Romo stopped growing or learning after playing 1/2 a season under BP. I think highly of BP but then does this mean he failed with the other guys? Fact is Wilson has not had a lot of talent to work with and no matter how good a coach is he still needs talent to work with.

'Young talent'? Most definitely. We've agreed that the draft investment has been almost nil. But he's done little to nothing with any vets he's glad here either. The waste of time that was Dustin Vaughan is a black mark against ALL of them. Us fans were chastised for not seeing what was never there with that guy while others once again preached 'patience'.

Without putting words in your mouth, do you think Romo stopped developing and learning? his play has continued to rise and while chalk board and pre season mean something it does not compare to when live bullets are taking place and BP was not here for that nor Payton so to discredit other coaches and act as if only BP and Payton were the reason Romo developed I think it s bit silly almost to the point of your own dislike of Garrett and Wade and to go out of your way to discredit others who have worked with Romo during his career

No. I think Romo certainly continued to learn and develop, but I think most if that stems from the foundation set by Parcells and Payton before they left. Heck, Parcells left guidelines on his way out the door!

Look, this isn't one failure amid a myriad of successes, this is one success amongst a myriad of failures. They haven't identified, drafted, signed, or developed any other quarterback. And again I will state, for all of the criticisms leveled at the players, who brought them in? Who thought they could play? Who thought that each was the answer? I think we all know the answers to these questions and the name isn't Jones. He got vetoed on the guy he wanted.

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Even in his last season... 2014, the guy completed 68% of his passes and had a QB rating of 86.9 for a crummy team.

I'm right there with you bro. He is undiscovered talent as far as I'm concerned. You have to consider where he was playing.

wileedog

Reaction score

6 picks and 5 fumbles go along with those stats. 11 turnovers in 9 games is not something that can be ignored either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo continual development as a QB. I like BP and Payton but I will not blame them because other QB who worked under them failed. I did see Henson or Hutchinson succeed they bombed as did some other but Romo does well and all of a sudden it is just BP and Peyton? come on BP was gone after 1/2 season of Romo as a starter and Romo did not stop learning and developing so yes Wade and Jason even according to Romo have been big in his development as a QB

Any fixation as "starter" is yours, not mine. I see several years of key development while Romo was on this roster. He got more reps as a starter, but not suddenly better teaching and fundamentals.

Parcells and Payton have both had numerous successes with quarterbacks. Garrett and Wilson have not.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The funny thing is RG3 is better than any backup qb we have. why not bring him in it will be for a bargain price anyway.

Because it doesn't matter who Dallas brings in as their backup QB.

It became very obvious this year that the coaches are unwilling to make adjustments to suit the QB... instead they seem to demand the QB do and be everything Romo does and is.