Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much would you bet? He used to be able to run the ball to get out of trouble, now he can't do that anymore. He can't run and he can't read
defenses...pass please!

It's easy to make a "bet" that there's no way to prove or disprove, isn't it? Not any kind of actual "bet" at all, is it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Guess what...Romo didn't get invited to the combine and didn't get drafted... Wentz has all the tools to succeed with good
coaching, training and studying defenses with Romo. What's not to like?

Well you did say good coaching, judging from how our coaching staff has done with young QBs in the past im not convinced. Now if Wade Wilson gets fired and Garrett throws out his simple antiquated playbook, I completely agree with you.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Guess what...Romo didn't get invited to the combine and didn't get drafted... Wentz has all the tools to succeed with good
coaching, training and studying defenses with Romo. What's not to like?

Our coaching staff is too stupid to develop any QB. Don't get me wrong Wentz is good but in Dallas he would be a project with this staff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your not serious about the Commanders making the playoffs are you? This year was a fluke, I think I don't have to explain why.

Completely, totally serious. The fact is that your supposed "bad team" won more games than they lost, won the NFC East, and made it to the playoffs. And only after they rid themselves of the guy you're banging the drum for. A guy who despite giving up a king's ransom for, they exiled. That doesn't just say how bad things are with him, it SCREAMS it. Anyone who can't see that is willfully blinding themselves.

And the fact is that you can't explain why. Just like you can't give a good reason why anyone should want RGIII.

LittleD

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and be the one to say I hope we sign him and focus on BPA in the draft.

He sat for an entire year, is fully healed, and can sit and develop behind Romo. The odds of landing a stud premier QB that will lead us to the promise land, with our first pick aren't great either.

I know my opinion isn't the most popular here but I've seen the popular opinion here be completely wrong on several occasions so I'm okay with going against the grain. I'll go on record as saying I think signing RGIII would be a good move for us.

Well you managed to get well out there on that tiny limb... Just don't start to saw very hard because it's a long way down!

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Hey Joe Rod :hammer:

LittleD

Reaction score
Our coaching staff is too stupid to develop any QB. Don't get me wrong Wentz is good but in Dallas he would be a project with this staff.

I agree with you about the coaching. I'm still hoping for better QB coaching for next year's team.

Gotta start somewhere.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Makes sense, I wouldn't mind him coming to Dallas if he is willing to sit and learn and work on his craft. He is not a starter right now but he appears bright and smart and could turn his career around.

Think he would want to come here knowing he can sit and learn from Tony and take over in the future.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Colombo, Leonard did it and others that contributed 2-3 years.

Both guys had more to do with injuries. Also QB is much different that other positions. RGIII would be nothing more than a waste of time and distraction of the work the Cowboys have in front of them.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Completely, totally serious. The fact is that your supposed "bad team" won more games than they lost, won the NFC East, and made it to the playoffs. And only after they rid themselves of the guy you're banging the drum for. A guy who despite giving up a king's ransom for, they exiled. That doesn't just say how bad things are with him, it SCREAMS it. Anyone who can't see that is willfully blinding themselves.

I am not banging the drum for RG3, if you read my previous posts you would see my plan on how Dallas should handle the Qb position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. By that reasoning Dallas should not get any QB

They have to get one. But they'd better get one closer to a finished product than not because this staff has brought nothing to the table in terms of "coaching 'em up".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not banging the drum for RG3, if you read my previous posts you would see my plan on how Dallas should handle the Qb position.

Well you're sure spending enough time trying to justify the move. I agree with you that Stanton might be a decent veteran option, but this team has to draft a quarterback of the future too.

I'm wondering about Colt McCoy as a possible backup option too but I'm not sure of his contract status.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They have to get one. But they'd better get one closer to a finished product than not because this staff has brought nothing to the table in terms of "coaching 'em up".

My hope is the Cowboys draft one of the top QB and allow him to learn behind Romo. Not concerned that the coaches can't help develop. Cassell was out on the market for a reason as was Weeden. yes Weeden had some success in Houston in large part because of Hopkins. Taking a 5 yard pass and turning it into big plays had more to do with Hopkins that it did Weeden.