Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

coult44

Reaction score
BS….Cap!!! It’s either a shtick or you have mental issues for wasting the amount of time you do.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The market changed......by the way, Dak on line one...funny he has two years left on his deal, why doesn't he honor it, yet the clown show owner is giving him a new deal?
Has Dak left camp now, too? What do you mean he’s not honoring his contract? I’m sure he’s more than satisfied with his compensation.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Has Dak left camp now, too? What do you mean he’s not honoring his contract? I’m sure he’s more than satisfied with his compensation.
Zeke didn't show up when he was still under contract...Dak is under contract yet they're wanting to give him a contract extension.....Zach martin is going to count 24 mil on the cap next year, Steven is going rework that deal so why not doing it now for the best offensive linemen and captain on the team since Larry Allen....here's a scoop for you, Steven is going to rework the deal before the start of the this season

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Jesus hasn’t been available for comment:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dak Haters get a Life

2017 Dak won games with his feet, just like in college.

2023 Dak won't make it through the year injury free and is slow as molasses.

You're showing a six year old comment...lol

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Remember Stephen once said his extension may not get a lot of press. We could get an unexpected press release that it's done.
Just me, but I'm guessing his extension will put his salary in the top 5

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...terbacks-2023-salary/zqrureirykzx3z7hyq713qov
Another newcomer to the highest-paid list is Daniel Jones, who is averaging $40 million in AAV. He signed a four-year extension just before the start of free agency to crack the top 10.

NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks​

RankPlayerAAV
1Justin Herbert$52.5 million
2Lamar Jackson$52 million
3Jalen Hurts$51 million
4Russell Wilson$48.5 million
5Kyler Murray$46.1 million
6Deshaun Watson$46 million
7Patrick Mahomes$45 million
8Josh Allen$43 million
9Dak Prescott$40 million
Daniel Jones$40 million
Matthew Stafford$40 million

If Dak is truly about winning, he won’t try and bleed the Cowboys for every cent and try and save some room to continue to add pieces. We shall see how greedy he and his agent get.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He hasn’t earned his current contract, when he does this season then maybe. Earning=nfc championship of pack your bags. Don’t care if we suck next year or the year after if he’s gone that means we can start moving on. Dak supporters are like men/women that stay in bad marriages bc something is better than nothing.lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Zeke didn't show up when he was still under contract...Dak is under contract yet they're wanting to give him a contract extension.....Zach martin is going to count 24 mil on the cap next year, Steven is going rework that deal so why not doing it now for the best offensive linemen and captain on the team since Larry Allen....here's a scoop for you, Steven is going to rework the deal before the start of the this season
I’m sorry, I thought you were suggesting Dak Prescott was not fulfilling the terms of his agreement with the Cowboys. I can understand the team wanting to adjust their deal with him as it would benefit the team. Hopefully he’ll agree to a deal beneficial to the team. In the meantime, he’s in camp preparing for the upcoming season. Everyone remembers what Zeke did. Apparently Jerry Jones remembers, too. I’d wager Jerry regrets acquiescing to Zeke and is in no itching hurry to be similarly shown up by an ungrateful almost 33 year old right guard who is not on a rookie contract and has been well compensated.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That’s how I felt about Elliot when he did it
Yup, it was a mistake when they let Zeke get by with it. They should've sent a Chaise lounge to Zeke in Cabo and said make yourself comfortable Zeke! Either that or come back to work and honor your contract. You signed it, honor it.

Last edited:

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Dak should have a clause in his contract that stipulates only paper and styrofoam can be used in the concession stands. This is for Dak's safety if the fans decide to use trash as confetti in case of another Niner's loss.

Nav22

Reaction score
They chose to follow your advice instead.

“DURRRRR JUST GET ALEX SMITH MORE HELP! HE GETS US TO THE PLAYOFFS!!”
Did the Chiefs get rid of Alex Smith BEFORE or AFTER they saw what they had in Mahomes?

Insanely stupid.

I know it embarrasses you knowing NFL personnel would consider you a know-nothing dolt.

Top 10 QB. Bathe in the shame.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Did the Chiefs get rid of Alex Smith BEFORE or AFTER they saw what they had in Mahomes?

Insanely stupid.

I know it embarrasses you knowing NFL personnel would consider you a know-nothing dolt.

Top 10 QB. Bathe in the shame.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Top 10 QB in your mind that has done absolutely nothing but enrich himself at the expense of playoff success.

Nav22

Reaction score
Top 10 QB in your mind that has done absolutely nothing but enrich himself at the expense of playoff success.
Top 10 QB according to NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs.

Each of those groups were polled, and they each confirmed that you don't know football.

You lead an embarrassing life, so you can add this one to your list:

NFL personnel believe you're a know-nothing dolt. They'd laugh you right out of the room.

"DURRR DAK IZ HOLDIN' BACK DA TEAM FROM WINNIN' IT ALL WIT COOPER RUSH DURRRRRR!!!!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you 2 were in legal litigations on the "Top 10" topic he could actually bring in the list made by NFL GM's and personel as a expert witness... what could you bring as a rebutal to the actual experts who do the job? Seriously you said in his mind but its in black and white with the people who literally do the job and there are not alot of those jobs to be had..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Remember Stephen once said his extension may not get a lot of press. We could get an unexpected press release that it's done.
Just me, but I'm guessing his extension will put his salary in the top 5

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...terbacks-2023-salary/zqrureirykzx3z7hyq713qov
Another newcomer to the highest-paid list is Daniel Jones, who is averaging $40 million in AAV. He signed a four-year extension just before the start of free agency to crack the top 10.

NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks​

RankPlayerAAV
1Justin Herbert$52.5 million
2Lamar Jackson$52 million
3Jalen Hurts$51 million
4Russell Wilson$48.5 million
5Kyler Murray$46.1 million
6Deshaun Watson$46 million
7Patrick Mahomes$45 million
8Josh Allen$43 million
9Dak Prescott$40 million
Daniel Jones$40 million
Matthew Stafford$40 million

Wentz 2.0 got what he wanted and that was an over hyped and overpaid contract and to this point he hasn't played like an elite QB so why are there all these rumors about an extension?????? He hasn't earned and extension and if he can't lead this club DEEP into the playoffs then it's time to cut bait and move on from this over hyped, overpaid less than mediocre player.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think your mixed up here... they will re work Dak's contract to LOWER the cap hit of next year as his current contract wasn't front end loaded like Martin's... Martin will count like 1,9 mill against the cap if he honors his contract because he got paid most of his money in the first couple of years.. so basically they paid Martin up front for being the best RG in football knowing the cap relief would come in his final 2 years.. he is now wanting to double dip that and get a lump sum again before we get any cap relief.. Dak backloade his contract so they didnt have to cut players to keep him and now he will restructure the huge cap hits comming to keep from killing the cap again...