Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So we couldn't sign him after this year? Or after his tagged 2020 season?

The problem with guys like you is you argue in such extremes. Like if we don't sign him now, A or B will happen.

No, that's not what will happen for sure. He could play great, the Cowboys could then be way more comfortable in giving him an elite contract and pay a premium over what they were willing to pay him now. Or, as you said, they could tag him for a year and then revisit his contract in 2021. And with a new CBA coming up, there's so much uncertainty with what's going on. Maybe the cap explodes in the new CBA and paying Dak $40MM a year doesn't matter at that point.

PS - There were two different Daks in 2018, hence why I made the split. In other words, which Dak would you rather have - the one pre-Cooper or the one post-Cooper?

What the ****? Lmao
Me-"He gets more expensive to sign if you wait till after this year given leverage and QB market"
You- "so you couldn't sign him after this year?" LOL how in the hell is this possible?

Answer the question, does the team lose a year of leverage after this year? Yes or no?

The problem with guys like you is that you make up stuff without backing it up. I didn't even come close to giving an either this or that will happen. It's a bad look.

PS-There were two different Dak's and for some reason you just aren't able to comprehend what was said even in it's most simply laid out form you can't get it. Crazy. It's not about this or that Dak, it's the entire 2018 Dak season including both.

glimmerman

Reaction score
But value plays a part in this. Just because you are a relatively decent QB doesn't mean when your contract is up you can demand and be paid like a Top 3 QB simply using the logic that hey, in a few years it won't look like that big a contract.

This mythical salary floor for a franchise QB is poppycock because not all "franchise" QBs are the same.
I think the FO is sold and believe in him enough to pay him top money. If they are going to anyways then do it before the price raises even more. If not then let him play out the rookie contract. I don’t think they will allow that to happen. They want him locked down.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the FO is sold and believe in him enough to pay him top money. If they are going to anyways then do it before the price raises even more. If not then let him play out the rookie contract. I don’t think they will allow that to happen. They want him locked down.

This is what I don't really understand. I mean, how does the team become as sold as you suggest when they just brought in a first year OC and a brand new QB coach, neither of which has given a full season's evaluation of who or what the team has at QB? I just think that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

JMO

Sydla

Reaction score

And yet they haven't paid him anything yet and you'd think after Wentz got paid it would be easy to peg his value.

Something tells me the Cowboys aren't ready to pay him Wentz or more type money. I think they have a value on him, which is still high but probably lower than Dak fans want to believe.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
What does, "I know add 2 players for him" mean?

Why the Skins didn't win a championship with Cousins is not a simple question. It's thread all it's own so don't act like it's just some casual thing. You are asking somebody to spend considerable time going to it on a player that isn't even a Cowboy. Don't get your feelings hurt if nobody wants to do that over Cousins.

Another thing, don't go around suggesting people are drunk or whatever when you can't even post in a manner that makes sense. What does "stamen" mean? What things sound like to you and what they actually sound like are two very different things.

Well gosh darn me, I did NOT know I was dealing with a computer guru, who has NEVER made a typo, please do forgive my petulance for daring to reside in your world. Get over yourself, and keep your grade school insults where they belong. Your another in a long list who happen to "dislike" DP for whatever reason, claiming he's a bus driver and a bust, but yet have the cojone's to sit there and brush over QB's the likes of cousins. Please, do us both a favor, just stop responding back to me. And since your so dumb founded by the comment "league demands" I'll clarify it for you, Take ALL the QB's getting deals this year and base it off what they got for QB's of the same or just a smidgen better numbers then DP, and waalaa.... there ya go. Wentz just got paid 32, he can't even stay on the field for 16, and yet you and those of your mind set "think" Dak deserves less, waaaay less then QB"s he out classes and out plays. Go figure.

Sydla

Reaction score
What the ****? Lmao
Me-"He gets more expensive to sign if you wait till after this year given leverage and QB market"
You- "so you couldn't sign him after this year?" LOL how in the hell is this possible?

Answer the question, does the team lose a year of leverage after this year? Yes or no?

The problem with guys like you is that you make up stuff without backing it up. I didn't even come close to giving an either this or that will happen. It's a bad look.

PS-There were two different Dak's and for some reason you just aren't able to comprehend what was said even in it's most simply laid out form you can't get it. Crazy. It's not about this or that Dak, it's the entire 2018 Dak season including both.

You said this:

Right now we can have him play out this year, then tag him twice after that.
Next year we would resort to tagging him twice

We don't have to resort to anything after this year or next year. We could tag him, sign him, let him walk, have him sell trinkets at the Cowboys shop, model bras at the Victoria's Secret in AT&T, etc.

And yes, it's about both Dak's. Put it this way. In 2019, which Dak would you want QBing the Cowboys? The one that played like he did through the first 7 half of 2018 or the one that played the 2nd half of 2019?

Sydla

Reaction score
Well gosh darn me, I did NOT know I was dealing with a computer guru, who has NEVER made a typo, please do forgive my petulance for daring to reside in your world. Get over yourself, and keep your grade school insults where they belong. Your another in a long list who happen to "dislike" DP for whatever reason, claiming he's a bus driver and a bust, but yet have the cojone's to sit there and brush over QB's the likes of cousins. Please, do us both a favor, just stop responding back to me. And since your so dumb founded by the comment "league demands" I'll clarify it for you, Take ALL the QB's getting deals this year and base it off what they got for QB's of the same or just a smidgen better numbers then DP, and waalaa.... there ya go. Wentz just got paid 32, he can't even stay on the field for 16, and yet you and those of your mind set "think" Dak deserves less, waaaay less then QB"s he out classes and out plays. Go figure.

Well you would now think that since Wentz got his deal, it would set the market and make signing Dak easier, right?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well you would now think that since Wentz got his deal, it would set the market and make signing Dak easier, right?
Now that I will agree on sydla, but alas, it seems we are not as privy to the going's on with how, why and what a QB is to be paid. I blame the agent's, any fool knows the more HE gets for his players, the bigger his account has to get to hold all the coin. IMO, Dak would have signed a "team friendly" deal that would have made everyone happy. But, toss in a greedy agent and you get the we demand more talks started.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I get the feeling there is a lot you don't know. For example, I haven't started insulting you. I don't believe the word is waalaa. I think what you are trying to spell might be Wa-lah but in actuality, it's Viola. I'm guessing there so that may also be incorrect but waalaa is definitely wrong.

I'm not a grammar **** but you gotta post so that people understand what you are trying to say. Don't get all hurt over it. Just explain what you are trying to say.

If you feel as the Dak deserves 30 mil plus, perhaps you should go out and write him a check yourself.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You said this:

We don't have to resort to anything after this year or next year. We could tag him, sign him, let him walk, have him sell trinkets at the Cowboys shop, model bras at the Victoria's Secret in AT&T, etc.

And yes, it's about both Dak's. Put it this way. In 2019, which Dak would you want QBing the Cowboys? The one that played like he did through the first 7 half of 2018 or the one that played the 2nd half of 2019?

For the 50th time, if we let him play out this year does the team lose a year of leverage? You keep on dodging it by missing other points.

Yes or no?

After answering yes or no to #1, does a team that loses leverage pay more or less than what they would if they had not lost that leverage? Less or more?

I believe in you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The thread we are in currently has a title of Dak's counter offer higher than Wentz deal. That's literally in the thread title.

Sydla

Reaction score
Now that I will agree on sydla, but alas, it seems we are not as privy to the going's on with how, why and what a QB is to be paid. I blame the agent's, any fool knows the more HE gets for his players, the bigger his account has to get to hold all the coin. IMO, Dak would have signed a "team friendly" deal that would have made everyone happy. But, toss in a greedy agent and you get the we demand more talks started.

Or........... the Cowboys themselves don't value Dak like that and understand the market for Dak wouldn't be as great as people claim.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I get the feeling there is a lot you don't know. For example, I haven't started insulting you. I don't believe the word is waalaa. I think what you are trying to spell might be Wa-lah but in actuality, it's Viola. I'm guessing there so that may also be incorrect but waalaa is definitely wrong.

I'm not a grammar **** but you gotta post so that people understand what you are trying to say. Don't get all hurt over it. Just explain what you are trying to say.

If you feel as the Dak deserves 30 mil plus, perhaps you should go out and write him a check yourself.
Not a grammar ****, and yet you can't refrain from it now can you? I can speak as eloquently as the next, but in a cowboy forum, ***C's, but then there is you. So I digress and if your that simple minded, as to not be able to read into a "statement" nor have the where with all to understand a simply typo with a single T missing, then by all means, do continue to humor us with your elementary grammar checks.

Sydla

Reaction score
The thread we are in currently has a title of Dak's counter offer higher than Wentz deal. That's literally in the thread title.

And?

So what if they came back with a higher counter offer? If Wentz set the market like people have said and Dak is better than Wentz, then it should be pretty easy at this point to peg his value and get him signed, unless, and this is what some of you won't recognize, that maybe the Cowboys don't view Dak as a $32MM quarterback like Wentz.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Or........... the Cowboys themselves don't value Dak like that and understand the market for Dak wouldn't be as great as people claim.

Can't say with all that has been stated about Dak, by the owner himself, that "statement" holds much water Sydla. BTW the quotes are for grammar boy abcq

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't say with all that has been stated about Dak, by the owner himself, that "statement" holds much water Sydla. BTW the quotes are for grammar boy abcq

I think you can. Just because the front office likes Dak, that doesn't mean they will gladly overpay for what they view as his value. And in reality, with this franchise, always take what they say with a grain of salt.

Again, to clarify, I am not opposed to paying Dak. I just wouldn't do it now. I'd make him play out his contract, see where he's at as a QB under what we all hope is a better and more innovative OC and offense and then go from there. If that means paying a premium next year over what you could have gotten him for this year? I can live with that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not a grammar ****, and yet you can't refrain from it now can you? I can speak as eloquently as the next, but in a cowboy forum, ***C's, but then there is you. So I digress and if your that simple minded, as to not be able to read into a "statement" nor have the where with all to understand a simply typo with a single T missing, then by all means, do continue to humor us with your elementary grammar checks.

Well, I guess we are even. You can't help getting your feelings hurt over, apparently anything, and I can't help but be mean to you.

Lets just call it a day here. You are not going to answer the question and I'm not going to act like I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, I guess we are even. You can't help getting your feelings hurt over, apparently anything, and I can't help but be mean to you.

Lets just call it a day here. You are not going to answer the question and I'm not going to act like I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.

HAHAHH ok feelings are for women, in a word I give S about you or what you "think". Go on now, hit you tube and spread that grammar knowledge old boy. I believe I gave YOU that same offer to just sit back and ..... but alas, here you are, all dressed up and no where to go. And if this is you being mean... oh my!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HAHAHH ok feelings are for women, in a word I give S about you or what you "think". Go on now, hit you tube and spread that grammar knowledge old boy. I believe I gave YOU that same offer to just sit back and ..... but alas, here you are, all dressed up and no where to go. And if this is you being mean... oh my!

I see you don't read very well either. Yawn.......