Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Daks a genuine franchise QB worth $30m per year, then we'd have no difficulty in getting 2 firsts in a trade?

As I've frequently said on threads, our coaching squad is out of contract at the end of the season. The decision on the long term coaching situation needs to be addressed before a QB is given a long term deal. Whoever is HC in 2020 should chose their own starting QB.

Fortunately the timing is such that the team has to make a decision on the coaching squad before Daks contract is up.

On Dak - Cowboys fans shouldnt have to settle for second best. Players need to be paid on their merits, not because you cant get a replacement right now.
Well I see your points, but first JG isnt the one deciding he wants Dak as his qb, it is the jones boys, it has always been jerry and now his boy too,
that decide on who their franchise qb will be.
So even if they get rid of JG as you think they will, the new coach wont be picking who the starting qb is.
He would have an opinion like JG , but that is all, the jones will make those decisions, as they really do with all draft picks, and FA's.
The new coach would have to work with whatever the jones boys give him and be happy about it.
2 firsts in a trade?? lol only brady or rodgers might get that.

On Dak - Cowboys fans shouldnt have to settle for second best. Players need to be paid on their merits, not because you cant get a replacement right now.
wow....... this would be true if the jones family did not own the cowboys, but they do so it is the way it is.
Dak is the best choice for the jones boys, I dont trust them to draft anyone better, and there are no others better that they could sign.

If the jones family sold the cowboys right now , then I would maybe side with you , hoping new owner could draft a good qb, if one is coming up in the draft,
but then they would have to tank to be able to grab that QB.
But with jerry and his boy running things you might as well be happy to have dak.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
No way in hell. Accomplish something first than ask for superstar money. This is getting out of hand. It’s become the norm now for players to ask for over the top stupid money. It would cripple this team to give him that much money. Is Dak good enough to carry the team on his back when he loses players like Cooper because of his cap number? Hell no. Dak needs a strong supportive cast around him to succeed. Can’t have that if he has ALL the money.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
No way in hell. Accomplish something first than ask for superstar money. This is getting out of hand. It’s become the norm now for players to ask for over the top stupid money. It would cripple this team to give him that much money. Is Dak good enough to carry the team on his back when he loses players like Cooper because of his cap number? Hell no. Dak needs a strong supportive cast around him to succeed. Can’t have that if he has ALL the money.

What QB doesn’t need a supporting cast?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

He's been to the playoffs two of his first three seasons,, has a playoff win, and won ROTY. That's in just his first three seasons.

"Accomplish something first" are you serious?

glimmerman

Reaction score
He's been to the playoffs two of his first three seasons,, has a playoff win, and won ROTY. That's in just his first three seasons.

pretty much sums it up.. His price will only go up, especially with the team assembled around him going into this season...

JonesBoys

Reaction score
What QB doesn’t need a supporting cast?
He can’t carry this team on his back like Romo did at times he simply isn’t that type of player. Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson have career years Dak is not that guy. There are only few QB’s that can carry an offense and those guys deserve the 30 plus million. I like Dak but he is too limited to be taking up that much cap hit. Didn’t we learn this the year before and the first half of the season last year?

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Lol that’s what you think is deserving of 34 million a year? ROTY and 1 playoff win?? Sorry, unless the player is special you just can’t dish out 34 million a year with a salary cap. Dak’s a good player but he is not worth close to 34 million. You want to give him that money then be ready for players like Zeke and Cooper to go bye bye.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol that’s what you think is deserving of 34 million a year? ROTY and 1 playoff win?? Sorry, unless the player is special you just can’t dish out 34 million a year with a salary cap. Dak’s a good player but he is not worth close to 34 million. You want to give him that money then be ready for players like Zeke and Cooper to go bye bye.

Lmao you want me to start listing all the QBs that didnt get ROTY and win a playoff game in their first three seasons?

But, regardless, saying he needs to accomplish something first is just a silly statement. He's more accomplished than 90% of QBs at the same point in their careers.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Lmao you want me to start listing all the QBs that didnt get ROTY and win a playoff game in their first three seasons?

But, regardless, saying he needs to accomplish something first is just a silly statement. He's more accomplished than 90% of QBs at the same point in their careers.

Your bar is pretty low I guess. I would love to work for you. Those QB’s you mentioned aren’t getting 34 million a year. Look at Russel Wilson, that’s accomplishing something. Now the Seahawks had to be rebuilt because of his huge cap hit but you know what? You can argue he deserves it since he has been to two super bowls and won one. He has shown the capability of carrying his team. When Dak shows he can take less talent and elevate them to another level then I might agree with you. Those are the guys you can argue at 34 million a year. We just agree to disagree.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Your bar is pretty low I guess. I would love to work for you. Those QB’s you mentioned aren’t getting 34 million a year. Look at Russel Wilson, that’s accomplishing something. Now the Seahawks had to be rebuilt because of his huge cap hit but you know what? You can argue he deserves it since he has been to two super bowls and won one. He has shown the capability of carrying his team. When Dak shows he can take less talent and elevate them to another level then I might agree with you. Those are the guys you can argue at 34 million a year. We just agree to disagree.

The 90th percentile is a low bar? What a stupid statement lmao.

"Those QBs youmentioned", I didnt mention any QBs.... lol.

If you worked for me, you'd get fired in the first two weeks.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
The 90th percentile is a low bar? What a stupid statement lmao.

"Those QBs youmentioned", I didnt mention any QBs.... lol.

If you worked for me, you'd get fired in the first two weeks.

I obviously don’t agree with your 90% accomplishments. I thought I made it pretty clear what I thought was high accomplishments was different compared to your opinion of accomplishments. I don’t agree that ROTY and 1 playoff win deserves 34 million a year regardless how that stacks up against 90% of QB’s in their first 3 years. There’s very few IMO that should get 34 million a year. Just 3 years of ROTY and 1 playoff win doesn’t qualify IMO. It’s ok to disagree. And how would you know you would fire me in the first 2 weeks lol??

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I obviously don’t agree with your 90% accomplishments. I thought I made it pretty clear what I thought was high accomplishments was different compared to your opinion of accomplishments. I don’t agree that ROTY and 1 playoff win deserves 34 million a year regardless how that stacks up against 90% of QB’s in their first 3 years. There’s very few IMO that should get 34 million a year. Just 3 years of ROTY and 1 playoff win doesn’t qualify IMO. It’s ok to disagree. And how would you know you would fire me in the first 2 weeks lol??

It's easy to figure out.

Starting QBs that didn't win or aren't on pace to win ROTY, reach playoffs two of their first three years, and win a playoff.

Matt Ryan, Mayfield, Flacco, Eli, Wentz, Cousins, Garrapolo, Stafford, Carr, Foles, Rivers, Newton, Dalton, Darnold, Allen, Goff, Brees, Trubicky, Mariota, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Jackson, then there are three rookies who in all likelihood won't hit that.

The only ones that fit that? Rodgers(without ROTY with SB), Wilson(wit out ROTY with SB, Brady(without ROTY with SB), Big Ben to a lesser extent, and Luck.

My coworkers require the ability of critical thinking.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's easy to figure out.

Starting QBs that didn't win or aren't on pace to win ROTY, reach playoffs two of their first three years, and win a playoff.

Matt Ryan, Mayfield, Flacco, Eli, Wentz, Cousins, Garrapolo, Stafford, Carr, Foles, Rivers, Newton, Dalton, Darnold, Allen, Goff, Brees, Trubicky, Mariota, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Jackson, then there are three rookies who in all likelihood won't hit that.

The only ones that fit that? Rodgers(without ROTY with SB), Wilson(wit out ROTY with SB, Brady(without ROTY with SB), Big Ben to a lesser extent, and Luck.

I didn't agree with Dak getting 30+ a year until the egirls gave wentz 32, that really tied our hands. He is as good or better so he isn't going to take less than that. Unless he offers a team friendly deal which don't appear as he is going to do that. If the egirls didn't cave and give a QB that cant stay healthy just 2 million less than a QB that's been to 2 SB. Had he simply turned around and handed the ball off he would have 2 rings right now.. LOL.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It's easy to figure out.

Dak has shown limitations in his game his first three years one of them being accuracy. So let’s ignore that and make him the highest paid QB because some teams overpaid on their’s?
Again I don’t care about ROTY and one playoff win, Dak is not the type of QB who can carry a team. His first 3 years have proven that. Now maybe he can grow into it but the jury is still out. Let him play out his contract and see if he makes the next step before you make him the highest paid QB you still have the franchise tag.

I would never work for someone like you who’s ego can’t take it when someone disagrees with you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak has shown limitations in his game his first three years one of them being accuracy. So let’s ignore that and make him the highest paid QB because some teams overpaid on their’s?
Again I don’t care about ROTY and one playoff win, Dak is not the type of QB who can carry a team. His first 3 years have proven that. Now maybe he can grow into it but the jury is still out. Let him play out his contract and see if he makes the next step before you make him the highest paid QB you still have the franchise tag.

I would never work for someone like you who’s ego can’t take it when someone disagrees with you.

I don't care what tangent you go on, I'm not going on that journey with you.

Saying "accomplish something" regarding Dak is silly and that's what I pointed out. I think we both recognize how silly of a comment is was now that you're having to go on this tangent.

GO COWBOYS! :starspin:

glimmerman

Reaction score

Not saying Dak don't have limitations because he does have room to grow. He takes some sacks that aren't needed. Dak in 2016 and 2018 was top 10 in his comp.%. In 2017 he was ranked 13th. Stats are all we have to go off of in a QB first 3 seasons. In Romos first 3 seasons I don't know that he could strap a team on his back and carry them. Some things have to be developed over time. I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet. Maybe not far from it but can still improve. Issue is the front office is convinced he is to be the franchise QB. They are going to pay him and the egirls messed up the market value by paying there QB only 2 million less than a SB QB in Wilson..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I like white noise... it makes me sleepy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He can’t carry this team on his back like Romo did at times he simply isn’t that type of player. Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson have career years Dak is not that guy. There are only few QB’s that can carry an offense and those guys deserve the 30 plus million. I like Dak but he is too limited to be taking up that much cap hit. Didn’t we learn this the year before and the first half of the season last year?

This tired argument again?

Where exactly did Romo carry nobodies to? 8-8?

No QB carries bums to anything of significance.

Even Tom Brady, who I think is the best QB ever, doesn’t carry bad teams. He doesn’t need as much help as other QB’s, but Luckily for him, he is with a franchise that consistently surrounds him with well coached and talented players.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Not saying Dak don't have limitations because he does have room to grow. He takes some sacks that aren't needed. Dak in 2016 and 2018 was top 10 in his comp.%. In 2017 he was ranked 13th. Stats are all we have to go off of in a QB first 3 seasons. In Romos first 3 seasons I don't know that he could strap a team on his back and carry them. Some things have to be developed over time. I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet. Maybe not far from it but can still improve. Issue is the front office is convinced he is to be the franchise QB. They are going to pay him and the egirls messed up the market value by paying there QB only 2 million less than a SB QB in Wilson..

Thank you for an intelligent response without any insults. I tend to agree with you. Dak may grow more and as Cowboy fans we certainly hope he does. All I’m saying is let’s let him play out his contract and see what he does in his 4th year with a pretty talented roster before they make him the highest paid QB.