Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

glimmerman

Reaction score
yes it does to some extent, but like you say it is all in how a team deals with it.
Every team runs into this situation, where they have to pay or go with some guy they know gives them no chance to go all the way.

It has a negative effect besides the cap that no one has mentioned.
How it affects the other players mentally ??
All the guys making 1-15 mil a year will judge dak more harshly than now when he makes less than many of them.
once he gets a big deal even the players will demand more from him.

The main thing is the jones boys should have already decided if they really want dak for a future franchise QB.
Either you do or you dont, they have had 3 years to watch him play, how long does it take??
Many say how he does this year should decide the issue, but really a decision should have been made back in feb, 3 seasons
is enough.
And you have to have a plan if you decide not to go with dak.
either way I dont care, just wish they would decide, but knowing the jones boys that may take years.
I agree. And your right 3 years to me is enough time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Another working week over and still no sign of any salary negotiations (involving the Cowboys front office).

You can feel the tension in the Dak camp.

Cowboys are working on a 6 year contract with Dak

Cowboys have no plans to engage Garrett in extension talks with him being in his last year of his contract, and Garrett has said as much.

Just a completely baseless comment, that is dead wrong.

csirl

Reaction score
Want to make a bet whether Dak will be here next year, regardless where Garrett is?

I won't bet on Jerry's sanity - he's loved a lot of QBs who are useless.

But if I were an incoming HC or GM, there is no question Im looking for a new starting QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

But if I were an incoming HC or GM, there is no question Im looking for a new starting QB.

But that wasnt your first claim, whether you would or not. You said Dak and Garrett's future are tied at the hip.

You were wrong, again. The 5th? Time in two threads

HungryLion

Reaction score

Name the QB’s he has loved that were useless. I look forward to seeing this list. The only QB’s that have gotten long term deals under Jerry so far were Aikman and Romo.

Them

Reaction score

...As expected...It's business....I see nothing unusual here...FO puts out their lowball #...Dak's people put out their highball #....and they eventually settle on something in between...or not!

glimmerman

Reaction score

...As expected...It's business....I see nothing unusual here...FO puts out their lowball #...Dak's people put out their highball #....and they eventually settle on something in between...or not!
It wont be higher than the wentz deal by much.. Expecting 32.5 to 33 per year.. With Wilson getting 34 I think wentz was overpaid. That contract should have been around 28 to 30...

Them

Reaction score
...well I agree that Wentz was overpaid ...He was very good his first season till he was injured...but then he gets injured again...He's sat out of many games in the last 3 years....So they seem to be paying him on his potential "potential" rather than total games played...IMO

csirl

Reaction score
Name the QB’s he has loved that were useless. I look forward to seeing this list.

He wanted to draft Paxton Lynch.......need I say any more.

Drew Henson
Ryan Leaf
Quincy Carter.
Dak Prescott?

If it werent for John Elway (as GM), Jerry would easily be the worse QB assessor amongst all NFL GMs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He wanted to draft Paxton Lynch.......need I say any more.

Drew Henson
Ryan Leaf
Quincy Carter.
Dak Prescott?

If it werent for John Elway (as GM), Jerry would easily be the worse QB assessor amongst all NFL GMs.

He didn’t love any of those QB’s. What are you talking about. Henson, Leaf and Quincy were all benched and then cut when It was shown they couldn’t play. So in what way did Jerry “love” them?

You’re just throwing crap at the wall because you made an incorrect statement and then got called out on it. Bringing a player in or drafting them isn’t akin to loving them. Otherwise that’s means every GM in the entire league loves every single player they have ever signed in FA or drafted. Which is a really stupid assertion to make.

As far as your other comment about Jerry being the worst QB assessor of all GM’s. That’s laughable. You must not watch other teams in the league that have had crap QB play for decades straight. Jerry managed to have a hall of famer in Aikman and a really good QB in Romo during his tenure. Sure he isn’t perfect but your nonsense post shows a complete lack of understanding about the QB position in the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

So tell us all who that qb would be?? and if it is a future draft pick, how would you get the high pick required??
All of you guys say dak isnt good enough, not worth the money, but he is the best dallas can get at this point in time.
Dallas cant get brady, rodgers, brees, or any of the other real good qb's
Only the funky up and down qb's are available, and dak is better than any of those.
And dallas would have to tank a season to get a high enough pick to get a good new qb,
and even then you dont know if they will be good in nfl, and with our coaches.

csirl

Reaction score
So tell us all who that qb would be?? and if it is a future draft pick, how would you get the high pick required??
All of you guys say dak isnt good enough, not worth the money, but he is the best dallas can get at this point in time.
Dallas cant get brady, rodgers, brees, or any of the other real good qb's
Only the funky up and down qb's are available, and dak is better than any of those.
And dallas would have to tank a season to get a high enough pick to get a good new qb,
and even then you dont know if they will be good in nfl, and with our coaches.

If Daks a genuine franchise QB worth $30m per year, then we'd have no difficulty in getting 2 firsts in a trade?

As I've frequently said on threads, our coaching squad is out of contract at the end of the season. The decision on the long term coaching situation needs to be addressed before a QB is given a long term deal. Whoever is HC in 2020 should chose their own starting QB.

Fortunately the timing is such that the team has to make a decision on the coaching squad before Daks contract is up.

On Dak - Cowboys fans shouldnt have to settle for second best. Players need to be paid on their merits, not because you cant get a replacement right now.