Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
At this point draft status does not dictate the pay for a new contract, so that's a nonsense argument. Draft status only affects the initial contract, and thereafter it is about performance and the market for a player's services.

OMG, you can not be serious. Do you understand the deal Wentz signed, at all? Wentz had something like 28 mil that was worked into the new deal. Dak has 2 mil. Of course it effects any new deal because he is getting a new deal done early. Come on man. OK, you are clearly just trolling me now.

Alright, well, I've said all I can on this. Believe what you wish, I'm not going to sit here and argue points that are less and less sensible with every post. That's just bringing down this thread.

Peace.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell them what? I mean, didn't I just finish saying all of this?

You are hopping from one side of the fence so fast it has become laughable. Either you are intentionally trying to screw with people, or this is a hopeless discussion. I should have decided the latter a long time ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG, you can not be serious. Do you understand the deal Wentz signed, at all? Wentz had something like 28 mil that was worked into the new deal. Dak has 2 mil. Of course it effects any new deal because he is getting a new deal done early. Come on man. OK, you are clearly just trolling me now.

Alright, well, I've said all I can on this. Believe what you wish, I'm not going to sit here and argue points that are less and less sensible with every post. That's just bringing down this thread.

Peace.
The Eagles got 4 additional years for $128MM. If Dak gets 4 additional years for $128MM that is no different other than Dak's current contract ends after this year rather than in 2 years like with Wentz. What was owed under the existing contract for both was only what was always owed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would almost be happy signing him to 32 a year now and just getting this over.. Lol, then we can have countless threads on how we got a raw deal or how we got a great deal.. Trust that in 2 years 32 mil a year is a bargain. I think mahomes and maybe goff is going to break the market open even further.. LOL after next year Wilson is going to be mad.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Prescott's should be exactly what Carson got. Maybe 1 million more per year.

Eagles greatly overpaid in my opinion.
Agree 110%. Wentz has yet to complete a full season. He doesn't even know what it's like to be the starting QB in postseason.

They should have waited till end of season to see if he was capable of completing it without injury before giving him that payday.

Had they kept Foles and kick Wentz to the curb, it definitely wouldn't of been an "overpaid" mistake. Howie's going to be sorry with that decision. His genius tactics just went down the toilet.
So you want Dallas to overpay?
I believe J12B's post parted your hair.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You are hopping from one side of the fence so fast it has become laughable. Either you are intentionally trying to screw with people, or this is a hopeless discussion. I should have decided the latter a long time ago.
It's what he does.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Agree 110%. Wentz has yet to complete a full season. He doesn't even know what it's like to be the starting QB in postseason.

They should have waited till end of season to see if he was capable of completing it without injury before giving him that payday.

Had they kept Foles and kick Wentz to the curb, it definitely wouldn't of been an "overpaid" mistake. Howie's going to be sorry with that decision. His genius tactics just went down the toilet. I believe J12B's post parted your hair.

Nope, I shave my head bald!

Birdgang

Reaction score

Had they kept Foles and kick Wentz to the curb, it definitely wouldn't of been an "overpaid" mistake. Howie's going to be sorry with that decision. His genius tactics just went down the toilet. I believe J12B's post parted your hair.

Actually he has completed 1 season. His ACL tear was just a freak accident / bad luck. Its not like he planted it funny and it blew up .. his leg was sandwiched. Last year the rushed him back too soon and chose to shelf him as the risk/reward was not there. He was getting killed with the 3 starting RBs out for the year and Olien hurt. He could of finished. You do realize that he is not getting paid 32 mil next year right ? The extension does not go into effect until 2021. They have a chance to take a chunk of cap hit out on these last 2 cheaper years. The trend for QB salaries has been going up like 20% each year. So in 2 more years when in effect it will be next to nothing compared to others. Eagles have been really good in cap era of football even more so last 3 years. Wentz might not of played in playoffs .... but sometimes watching and learning can b just as good. He has the talent so so its not that preventing him. But he has seen the post season 2 x from a good veiw point

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But not this year LA. I mean, thats the key. Understand, we are talking about guaranteed money this season. We are basically talking about a minimum of something like 25 mil he would make this year, instead of 2 mil. If Dak waits on another team to come forward and offer him 30+, that means that he waits till 2020 to get that money. He basically leaves 25 or more on the table and he can't make that up. So you really need to think about the money from the perspective of how much are you going to make over the entire course of your career, then you have to think about what can take away, in my pocket, right now. If he does a deal this year, he puts that additional money in his pocket now. If he waits, yes he probably will make 30 plus but he would never make up that money he would miss on if he signed this year. If he does a deal for like 26 or 27 he's in a position to come up on a contract sooner and for bigger money. The longer he waits, the more money he gets per year, the longer the contract is likely to be. He would be wise to take less now, for 2 seasons and a player option 3rd year and get to a new contract sooner. That's how he would make the most money, is what I'm saying.
Ok I think I see what you are saying, if Dak signs now instead of 2 mil for 2019 he would make 27 mil is that it??
And that is an extra 25 mil for Dak.
But I am not sure that is how it would work if he signs a deal now. He might still only get the 2 mil for 2019.
Stephen is a tightwad, and I dont think he would give Dak the extra 25 , for a lower per year deal.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Ok I think I see what you are saying, if Dak signs now instead of 2 mil for 2019 he would make 27 mil is that it??
And that is an extra 25 mil for Dak.
But I am not sure that is how it would work if he signs a deal now. He might still only get the 2 mil for 2019.
Stephen is a tightwad, and I dont think he would give Dak the extra 25 , for a lower per year deal.
They would probably give him the minimum on the salary for this year because he would be getting a huge signing bonus.

Birdgang

Reaction score
I think Bird is talking about Wentz' deal and not Daks. As of yet, I have seen nothing in the way of how Dak's deal would be structured but either way, because of the way that is structured, it's an average of like 26 mil over 6 years with 107 guaranteed.

Yup I was talking about Wentz, but in correlation to Dak. Some people on the boards are still confused by it and don't get you can't really compare them in contract aspect right now. Daks deal does need to get done as does Amari's since Dak going into final year and 5th-year option already used on Coop. People are too worried about Zeke but the 5th year option is still there.

You for sure don't want to use tags as its a big cap hit and neither side will be happy. Wentz gave an extremely team-friendly deal when you factor in the 15-20% QB contract increases yearly. The Eagles do take a chance but not as bad as some try to make it out to be. The longer the Jones family drags heals, the more power they give to those guys.

Dak needs to get good advice from someone other then agents and family and break the mold of having to be top paid QB. in long run he will make more "even this year" Same with Amari, as he has little bit of a checkered past with Raiders one being most drops and two Carr improved after he left. It was only a few months ago the talk was 20 a year for Dak then some 25. Now looking at 30 plus ...... The deal should of got done at end of season before other guys got theirs because of the constant upward trend.

The hate for Dak form the fan base amazes me. No Dak is not "Elite" talent player, but his intangibles are plenty good enough to add #6 for the Pokes. I think a lot of people got spoiled by a good run of Qbs in Dallas. They either never seen or forget what its like to be in QB hell.... They thought Romo injuries were bad, they are in for a surprise if Joens family screws this up.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak in 3 years........... because he sucks

unemployed-man-with-sign-1038x558.jpg

sean10mm

Reaction score
Dak in 3 years........... because he sucks

unemployed-man-with-sign-1038x558.jpg

Some takes are so dumb I can't tell if they're being serious or just trolling.

This is a league where NATHAN PETERMAN got to start games in 2017 AND 2018. Then he got signed by the Raiders.

You don't even have to like Dak to recognize that he's infinitely better than that dill-hole.

He'll get job offers for as long as he wants to play football.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Some takes are so dumb I can't tell if they're being serious or just trolling.

This is a league where NATHAN PETERMAN got to start games in 2017 AND 2018. Then he got signed by the Raiders.

You don't even have to like Dak to recognize that he's infinitely better than that dill-hole.

He'll get job offers for as long as he wants to play football.
Some guys are just worthy of the ignore feature.

csirl

Reaction score
Daks under contract so dont see the rush.

Best way to market test his value is to put a transition tag on him. Lets see what others are willing to offer.