Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What are you talking about? Dang....dude. yer nuts.
Rockport is the best fan ................. He is nuts alright! Nuts for some Jerry lovin Cowboys!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kurt Warner!............... getting educated! ........................... Get a Clue!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Wins in 3 Heckin seasons!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75 year of coaching exp says I am a better fan than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! And God Bless Jerry Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rockport is the best fan ................. He is nuts alright! Nuts for some Jerry lovin Cowboys!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kurt Warner!............... getting educated! ........................... Get a Clue!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Wins in 3 Heckin seasons!!!!!!!!!!

No Trolls in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75 year of coaching exp says I am a better fan than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!! And God Bless Jerry Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:

Who's bored today! :laugh:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Lol how can it be true if you say except the Eagles and other teams lol. That means it’s not true.

If you want to say he suck’s against the 49ers that’s fair enough. But to say he sucks against teams .500 is not true.
You're being obtuse. The Eagles are exception, because of their particular inability to play to the 'Blueprint', due in part (large part) due to their substandard secondary, which always seems to be their downfall.

To be fair, it's more nuanced than saying 'winning teams' as it's more accurate to say.....defenses that can take advantages of Dak's weaknesses.

That's the same for every QB, even Mahomes, but in his case it's getting pressure from BOTH edges, as he's able (NO PREFER's, rolling out and throwing on the run).

The problem, for Dak, is that it's easier to stop the run and wait for him to struggle hitting the middle as they play a Tampa or Cover 2.

Just to be clear, i'd still sign Dak, but he's got to see that a short contract @top money is impossible to build, he'd have to concede to a career ending contract (for restructuring purposes).

Chasing6

Reaction score
You're being obtuse. The Eagles are exception, because of their particular inability to play to the 'Blueprint', due in part (large part) due to their substandard secondary, which always seems to be their downfall.

To be fair, it's more nuanced than saying 'winning teams' as it's more accurate to say.....defenses that can take advantages of Dak's weaknesses.

That's the same for every QB, even Mahomes, but in his case it's getting pressure from BOTH edges, as he's able (NO PREFER's, rolling out and throwing on the run).

The problem, for Dak, is that it's easier to stop the run and wait for him to struggle hitting the middle as they play a Tampa or Cover 2.

Just to be clear, i'd still sign Dak, but he's got to see that a short contract @top money is impossible to build, he'd have to concede to a career ending contract (for restructuring purposes).
Teams are built to win their Division. If you can't win your Division the playoffs are pretty much irrelevant. Our team is nowhere close to beating the Niners. We would have to play at our best and the Niners at their worst to beat them.

They have a better FO, better coaching and a better team, but go ahead and keep blaming Dak if it makes you feel better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Im being obtuse? You want to chose a different word to describe what I’m doing? I don’t think that’s the word you meant to use.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Teams are built to win their Division. If you can't win your Division the playoffs are pretty much irrelevant. Our team is nowhere close to beating the Niners. We would have to play at our best and the Niners at their worst to beat them.

They have a better FO, better coaching and a better team, but go ahead and keep blaming Dak if it makes you feel better.
So you insult, even though my last paragraph was actually supporting extending Dak....that's the problem with Dak FIRST Fans....cannot take any criticism.
If we're so far behind the 9ers, why continue doing the same thing, with the same QB, on 20% of the CAP????
To most of us, if you can't go deep in play-offs and it's Regular Season and HOPE on Dak, we may as well go to Plan B as Dak on 20% of the CAP on short contract isn't getting us what we want.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you insult, even though my last paragraph was actually supporting extending Dak....that's the problem with Dak FIRST Fans....cannot take any criticism.
If we're so far behind the 9ers, why continue doing the same thing, with the same QB, on 20% of the CAP????
To most of us, if you can't go deep in play-offs and it's Regular Season and HOPE on Dak, we may as well go to Plan B as Dak on 20% of the CAP on short contract isn't getting us what we want.
I am not a Dak first Fan. I am a Cowboys fan. I am not insulting, I am stating the obvious.

If we have a legit replacement then let Dak walk. However we have GM Jethro in our FO, so we have zero plan to replace Dak.

Going into the off season we had several areas to improve. Top 2 were arguably DT and RB. GM Jethro did not really make an attempt to solve either of them.

With the FA decisions he made, the OLine became a bigger priority.

The only logical sense of what our FO is attempting to do this off season, is to attempt to put us in a position of a fast rebuild. That sounds great, but is extremely difficult to do without a QB.

Trance is not a QB. Maybe GM Jethro is trying time the Archie Manning coming out party.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’d agree with some as in the bigger scope of things our frustration didn’t begin with Dak and most likely won’t end with him. My hope was put on hold at least couple decades ago.

And while it continues today to be very frustrating there is some salvation from watching Jethro’s frustrations and ridicule as well.
Yep, the problems with the Cowboys go a lot deeper than just Dak.

The haters like to blame Dak for everything, but where were all these championship game appearances and SB trophies we were supposedly winning before Dak showed up?

The last QB that took the Cowboys to an NFC title game was Troy Aikman in 1995.

After Aikman, there were 17 different starting QBs before Tony Romo was named the starter and eventually Dak after Romo got hurt yet again.

So, that is what, 19 starting QBs since Aikman and NONE have advanced past the Divisional round this century. So, the idea that we were just winning chit left and right before Dak showed up and screwed everything up is just hilarious. The last Cowboys QB that advanced further than Dak has in the playoffs is Troy Aikman, so the idea that if we just get rid of Dak we are going to be back to the glory years is being very naive in my opinion, odds are the next QB after Dak aint gonna do any better than the 19 QBs before him did.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lawrence is in year 4. Dak is in year 9. Big, BIG detail left out.

And LITTERALLY there is a debate, because Dak is old, and Lawrence has far more upside left. Dak isn't worth that and it would be foolish to pay him because he isn't ever going to get you anywhere.
Dak is 30 yrs old and QBs play well into their 40s nowadays..............age is not an issue in these negotiations.

Dak's statistical performance on the field is what is driving these negotiations, its called "Pricing by comparables". If you have ever bought real estate, you know what I am talking about.

If you are going to buy a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house in a middle income neighborhood, how do you know what its value is? Well, you look at what other 4 bedroom, 3 bath houses in the same neighborhood sold for. Its called, "pricing by comparables".

Statistically, Dak compares very favorably to other QBs that have recently signed new contracts.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry loves you!
You are confusing me with Rockport, I am not a blind cheerleader for this team.

I think Jerry and his idiot boy have no idea how to build a championship team and I have made many posts to that affect, check my post history if you dont belive me.

With that said, I have no control over what the Cowboys do, so why am I going to sit here and be miserable about something I cant control?

AT the end of the day, this is just entertainment and has no real bearing on your actual life and if the Cowboys are affecting your mental state to the point your actual life is affected, then you really need to step back and reevaluate your life choices.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are confusing me with Rockport, I am not a blind cheerleader for this team.

I think Jerry and his idiot boy have no idea how to build a championship team and I have made many posts to that affect, check my post history if you dont belive me.

With that said, I have no control over what the Cowboys do, so why am I going to sit here and be miserable about something I cant control?

AT the end of the day, this is just entertainment and has no real bearing on your actual life and if the Cowboys are affecting your mental state to the point your actual life is affected, then you really need to step back and reevaluate your life choices.
I’m not either. Keep up :rolleyes:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, the problems with the Cowboys go a lot deeper than just Dak.

The haters like to blame Dak for everything, but where were all these championship game appearances and SB trophies we were supposedly winning before Dak showed up?

The last QB that took the Cowboys to an NFC title game was Troy Aikman in 1995.

After Aikman, there were 17 different starting QBs before Tony Romo was named the starter and eventually Dak after Romo got hurt yet again.

So, that is what, 19 starting QBs since Aikman and NONE have advanced past the Divisional round this century. So, the idea that we were just winning chit left and right before Dak showed up and screwed everything up is just hilarious. The last Cowboys QB that advanced further than Dak has in the playoffs is Troy Aikman, so the idea that if we just get rid of Dak we are going to be back to the glory years is being very naive in my opinion, odds are the next QB after Dak aint gonna do any better than the 19 QBs before him did.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Troy and Romo get 20% of the cap space? I know Troy played before and after the cap era, but just curious?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Troy and Romo get 20% of the cap space? I know Troy played before and after the cap era, but just curious?
GM Jethro created Dak's 20% cap space by restructuring. It was not his contract. Figure it out already.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
GM Jethro created Dak's 20% cap space by restructuring. It was not his contract. Figure it out already.
you would think people could get this by now...the only GM in the league who cant figure out how to pay his QB and build a team for 28 years is who????? your cap problems are because of your GM not your QB..it painfully obvious...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, obtuse is exactly what you come across as.
Not to me he does not. You are given new information and you just ignore it and instead use this insult to prop yourself up.

That is obtuse behavior.

In contrast he actually addresses your arguments directly.