Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Honestly man? I honestly feel it’s not that bad yet I just think it’s incompetence. Stephen wants to run this a certain way….indont think they have a plan but maybe they do. Hard to say this instance but if they don’t sign any of these guys I’d say they are showing us their plan. Al Davis Raiders was unreal. Certainly not acting like we are any better because the results are essentially the same.
Al Davis was the Jerry mentor coming into this league, so let's remember that first and foremost, I just find the path of both very similar at this point unfortunately.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Despite all the claims, I'm telling you size does matter my friend and at the very least the "new reality" is trying to get BIG in the trenches on both sides.
This does not happen over night, it is a process.... lol
yeah but these things change they ebb and they flow to whatever is happening in the NFL and everybody over corrects... You realize that the offensive lineman became more athletic so they can move play zone get them to pull more and This is why offensive lines got smaller This is why the run game started dropping off and then you started seeing offenses take advantage of this with faster running backs running backs by committee just ripping the edges apart change of direction and whatnot and in turn defenses had to overreact and overcorrect if you will by having a smaller faster defense to cover these faster guys on the move all the time and literally having a lot of linebackers going out in coverage where they didn't used to have to do that as much..

The NFL over the last decade got smaller and faster and more athletic and now teams some saw it coming I started loading up and playing big ball running the football mower with big guys and then teams are getting caught a little off guard and now having to retract and get a little bit bigger linebackers and defensive tackles again because it has changed and will be forever changing what's the NFL became pass happy everyone went smaller more athletic and got people that can move in space and now things are kind of going back the other way a little we're in the middle right now of that transition so now you don't know what's about to be thrown out but there was a reason the Cowboys went small the rest of the league went small I mean when you had 275 LB defensive tackles and even Aaron Donald is small by big defensive tackle standards that used to see big fat guys that didn't move much they just ate space back in the day even in the 90s now you had guys at 300 or under that can move...

So yeah now they have to adjust again and this is just the NFL not just the Cowboys it is not about being big in the trenches all the time as you've seen lots of teams over the last 10 years through the opposite literally even playing linebackers that your 100 lbs like we did with bell this is what Dan Quinn was trying to do his defenses are too small now for some of the teams we play that are more physical....

So they're trying to correct now they're trying to get more physical a little bit meaner on the offensive line and let's let them see what they can do on the defensive line but hey I can blame queen in that defense for allowing mazzy to lose weight using him out of position and having small linebackers that's all Dan Quinn's defense is this isn't Jerry Jones Jerry Jones and the rest of our front office are listening to their coaches say this is our scheme and this is the players we need and when you bounce them back and forth we went from marinelli to Nolan to Quinn really fast it's kinda hard to do that big a turn around and that's sort of out of time to change out the players needed to run that scheme and now we have Mike Zimmer.. You can't always use the same players for everyone's scheme and we're getting caught in these quick turnarounds from your defensive coordinators being changed out... So let's give them time to adjust we get it yeah you might need a couple bigger fatter dudes in both trenches as well as going back to a bigger middle linebacker and more 2-3 LB sets vs 1...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You think there’s some ineptitude in the talent department? It’s some flaws sure but it’s their own doing for not valuing certain positions.
It's always going to be a very interesting topic/opinion when we want to compare over all team talent vs other team's talent.
Do we have better roster talent than SF?
Do we have better roster talent than Detroit?
We can have a very long discussion on this subject, but the end result will always be the variable when determining a franchise success or not.
So, what determines a talented rosters chance of achieving that success?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol yeah ...definitely takes things too seriously.

To have one person on your mind every time you log onto this forum....such is the life of a Dak obsessive lmao.
But you have no problem with people on the flip side obsessed with dak and mucking up the forum?

Flamma

Reaction score
Dude....all of the Top 15 are getting paid 52 million dollars at least. Pretty much all of them have done nothing and theyre all mostly not elite.

It's nice to sit on your computer and call people (half the league's GMs) jackasses. What makes you not a jackass again?
I'm just a fan. I want to win a championship. I'm not an owner. I realize an owner would pay any top 15 QB top dollar. They are only interested in making the playoffs. They don't care about championships. Only a scant few teams do. What boggles my mind is when fans think the same way. Do you love the ownership or something? Are you a family member? We're not winning a championship with Dak. Not going to happen. It's not a remote possibility. Not at that price.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Al Davis was the Jerry mentor coming into this league, so let's remember that first and foremost, I just find the path of both very similar at this point unfortunately.
I remember and think Al at one point was great at what he does. The end was bad. I don’t think Jerry wants to emulate that era.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can’t speak for him but I personally can’t get caught up in salary’s. That’s just something we don’t and can’t control. It’s just what it is.
You don't have to get caught up in salaries. But they exist whether you acknowledge them or not. Let me give you a comparison.

Trevor Lawrence got a 5 year deal for 275M. They have 7 years to pay off 291M total, averaging 41M a year.

If Dak gets the exact same contract, they have 6 years to pay off 370M. Averaging 61M a year. You don't have to recognize this. But it is what it is. We're not winning anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just a fan. I want to win a championship. I'm not an owner. I realize an owner would pay any top 15 QB top dollar. They are only interested in making the playoffs. They don't care about championships. Only a scant few teams do. What boggles my mind is when fans think the same way. Do you love the ownership or something? Are you a family member? We're not winning a championship with Dak. Not going to happen. It's not a remote possibility. Not at that price.
So what price will we be able to have a chance at competing with Dak?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't have to get caught up in salaries. But they exist whether you acknowledge them or not. Let me give you a comparison.

Trevor Lawrence got a 5 year deal for 275M. They have 7 years to pay off 291M total, averaging 41M a year.

If Dak gets the exact same contract, they have 6 years to pay off 370M. Averaging 61M a year. You don't have to recognize this. But it is what it is. We're not winning anything.
Yeah but it’s not about the salary it’s about how much you cost against your cap. And it’s impossible to know that at this point and time. People said we couldn’t compete on Dak’s last deal.

I just don’t share this same fear of a contract. Not saying that you shouldn’t….but this team has bigger issues and it’s not lack of salary cap space.

Flamma

Reaction score
So what price will we be able to have a chance at competing with Dak?
It's not a price. It's the willingness of our front office to build a team around him. They didn't do this even when Dak was on a rookie deal. Being paid almost nothing.

I'm ok with giving a good QB an extension past his rookie deal. It's the next extension that becomes problematic. Especially if they are not elite. Which Dak isn't. At this point we cannot win with him. Too much money being pushed forward. He's not the QB that can overcome that. But the front office will pay him because we make the playoffs.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yeah but it’s not about the salary it’s about how much you cost against your cap. And it’s impossible to know that at this point and time. People said we couldn’t compete on Dak’s last deal.

I just don’t share this same fear of a contract. Not saying that you shouldn’t….but this team has bigger issues and it’s not lack of salary cap space.
Yeah the next Super Bowl in all likelihood is gonna come from someone with a huge pricy QB because that's half the league.

It's not Daks salary is the issue. The problem is we have holes in the defensive line, injured and inept linebackers, and not enough beef in the O-Line. And Dan Quinn's defense which is good at one or 2 things but bad at the rest. Definition of feast and famine. Most of our problems were the defense's poor studying of Jordan Love. Whatever they were doing that work needs a serious script rewrite and that needs to see a severe change once we face him again.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree. Technically you're right. But in the big picture, it doesn't matter. We suck when we play really good teams.
We lack physicality when it counts the most.

At least they recognized that in this years draft.

I guess that's what happens when Jethro is our GM. Who would have known, football is a physical game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not a price. It's the willingness of our front office to build a team around him. They didn't do this even when Dak was on a rookie deal. Being paid almost nothing.

I'm ok with giving a good QB an extension past his rookie deal. It's the next extension that becomes problematic. Especially if they are not elite. Which Dak isn't. At this point we cannot win with him. Too much money being pushed forward. He's not the QB that can overcome that. But the front office will pay him because we make the playoffs.
Well you said it wasn’t gonna happen at that price so that’s why I was asking what price will it happen at?

The front office pays him because he’s a good quarterback. I get it you have no faith in him especially after these last 3 years. Trust me I do. It’s hard for me to sit here and say Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are good enough to win a SB but Dak isn’t. So I don’t believe the Cowboys think Dak can play well in the regular season but can’t in the playoffs. They’ve seen him play well in the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah the next Super Bowl in all likelihood is gonna come from someone with a huge pricy QB because that's half the league.

It's not Daks salary is the issue. The problem is we have holes in the defensive line, injured and inept linebackers, and not enough beef in the O-Line. And Dan Quinn's defense which is good at one or 2 things but bad at the rest. Definition of feast and famine. Most of our problems were the defense's poor studying of Jordan Love. Whatever they were doing that work needs a serious script rewrite and that needs to see a severe change once we face him again.
Yep. You abandon the trenches and you get the results you get. First round exits.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's always going to be a very interesting topic/opinion when we want to compare over all team talent vs other team's talent.
Do we have better roster talent than SF?
Do we have better roster talent than Detroit?
We can have a very long discussion on this subject, but the end result will always be the variable when determining a franchise success or not.
So, what determines a talented rosters chance of achieving that success?
I’d say on paper the Eagles and 49ers have the best talent in the NFC. Lions probably belong in that conversation too.

I do think the Cowboys belong in that conversation. Hell you can argue they had just as much if not more last season with the All Pros.

All of these teams have flaws. 9ers spent all year trying to find a pass rusher going from Chase Young to Randy Gregory….

Lions secondary sucked.

Eagles linebackers and secondary sucked.

So when evaluating talent I don’t think we should think about what these teams don’t have but what they do. And what they have is they are stout in the trenches and have spent high resources there to do so.

Cowboys just abandon it or strike out on it. You can’t win in the playoffs and not stop the run or run the football. You just can’t.

Steve007

Reaction score
Man bro, I do have to give you props for putting your rep out there like this.

If you end up being wrong and the Cowboys do resign Dak, you are going to be laughed at and mocked endlessly.
The Cowboys will be laughed at and mocked when Dak does another playoff choke after overpaying him. It wont surprise me if the Cowboys sign him though.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Man bro, I do have to give you props for putting your rep out there like this.

If you end up being wrong and the Cowboys do resign Dak, you are going to be laughed at and mocked endlessly.
Who in their right mind is going to be laughing if we sign Dak?? Aside from all the other teams in the NFL?