Report: Dallas Cowboys expected to be buyers at NFL Trade Deadline

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Jerry is running out of time. I mean he may live to be a 100 but how much longer can he stay actively involved? Won’t surprise me if he makes a couple significant moves. Question is will he over pay?

If it were me I’d make that call to Denver. See what it would take for Surtain. I’d also make a call to Nashville to see the availability of Henry. I’d also look for a potential starting guard and maybe a depth LB. I think it’s well last time to move Tyler to LT permanently as Tyron is done. And I’m not sure Bass is ready. If anything Tyron gives us experienced depth for now.

slick325

Reaction score
"Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Step right up. Step right up."

Jerry Jones hinting at this to the media during a bye week, marketing genius. Kudos.

Desperado

Reaction score
In the last 20 years I feel like the only 2nd rounders we hit on are Sean Lee, D Law, and Diggs. We're probably better off trading our 2nd rounders every year.
I read once that only about 25 players from each draft have significant careers with high level performance in the NFL. The rest are busts, placeholders, or maybe journeyman-types. I have not fact checked that, but seems reasonable. Less than half of first round picks get a 2nd contract from the team that drafts them. I’m sure 2nd round is lower than that. Maybe we haven’t done so bad after all? Maybe it’s just a crap shoot.

tomokawan

Reaction score
We are actually bettter in the 2nd round then it looks......Connor Williams, Chido, Randy Gregory, Jaylen.....i'm just over the way they handle it. Taking another tight end there kind of just did it for me. Just ship it out or use it to trade up or hell trade down.
Sorry but Connor, Randy Gregory, and Jaylen did not help your argument. LOL

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
haha-its-not-8910c557b1.jpg

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry but Connor, Randy Gregory, and Jaylen did not help your argument. LOL
I mean, each of those players at least had a few years as a plus starter in the NFL. That is better than your average 2nd round pick if I had to wager.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Per "the guy at the liquor store"
Lol that thread will always get mentioned when there's an anonymous source. I forgot what the original creator of that thread had said about the liquor store guy, was it about TO? It's been so long, but I remember the thread just not the specifics