Report: Eagles Plotting to Draft Mariota

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Looks like we could be playing Mariota for at least the next 2-3 years. Multiple reports so far.

I personally hope so, as I think he's a bit overrated. And I think they'd be doing Nick Foles a disservice by giving up on him so soon.

Not saying it's going to happen, This could all be here say. But, where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and this actually makes sense with how much Chip Kelly has praised Mariota over the past couple years.

Mike Sielski ‏@MikeSielski 4m4 minutes ago
Asked source about #Eagles' trying to get Mariota. Source said, "Try? There is no try. There is only do." Source then levitated an X-Wing.

Kevin Negandhi ‏@KNegandhiESPN 1h1 hour ago
Eagles plotting to move up and get Mariota? I'd consider 3 high picks and Lesean. But biggest issue remains: CBs!! http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_are_going_to_try_to_move_up_for_oregon_quar.html…

Linda Cohn ‏@lindacohn 2h2 hours ago
Match made in heaven. Chip Kelly looking to move up in draft to get Mariota. Good idea, tough task. #Eagles @theScore http://thesco.re/1zukZie

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Love this go ahead, because it won't matter one bit. When are the Eagles going to realize that Chippy's college offense just doesn't work in the NFL. Heck it was even an epic fail against Ohio State. I hope that they mortgage the farm on Mariotta and don't improve their defense. :lmao:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Looks like we could be playing Mariota for at least the next 2-3 years. Multiple reports so far.

I personally hope so, as I think he's a bit overrated. And I think they'd be doing Nick Foles a disservice by giving up on him so soon.

Mike Sielski ‏@MikeSielski 4m4 minutes ago
Asked source about #Eagles' trying to get Mariota. Source said, "Try? There is no try. There is only do." Source then levitated an X-Wing.

Kevin Negandhi ‏@KNegandhiESPN 1h1 hour ago
Eagles plotting to move up and get Mariota? I'd consider 3 high picks and Lesean. But biggest issue remains: CBs!! http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_are_going_to_try_to_move_up_for_oregon_quar.html…

Linda Cohn ‏@lindacohn 2h2 hours ago
Match made in heaven. Chip Kelly looking to move up in draft to get Mariota. Good idea, tough task. #Eagles @theScore http://thesco.re/1zukZie

3 high picks and LeSean? lmao!!!

Unless someone can tell me with 100% certainty that this guy is the next Tom Brady, Joe Montana, or Peyton Manning then there is absolutely no way in hell I'd give up even close to that much for 1 player.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If I'm Tennessee or Tampa Bay, I take Nick Foles and draft picks for their top pick in a heartbeat.

Without a doubt. I wouldn't even hesitate on that. If they're offering that kind of stupid package mentioned above I'd be all over it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was hoping this would happen all along. He seems to be the ideal fit for their scheme of football but in the end he would only set them back just as RG3 has done to the racial slurs. :igglestrophy:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
He would do the best there. Personally, I hope it does not happen.

Secondly, who says the top 2-3 teams that may pick him, would even want to trade. Maybe THEY want a franchise quarterback.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I hope the Eagles do trade up and give up the farm, personally i think he slides out of the top 10.

ftghb

Reaction score
from what I've watched of him, this guy is nothing special. If chip kelly really wants him, i hope they go herschel walker on their *****

jrumann59

Reaction score
OOOHHH yeah offer up a RG3 like offer and they will be a door mat in 2 seasons maybe even for the Commanders. Has anyone learned you do not leverage your future on one guy whether its 2 picks or 6 picks, especially a rook.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If they give up multiple firsts that would be awesome. If Chip does that nothing is gonna convince me he is the evolution if the game.

Dwight

Reaction score
If the Eagles do trade for Mariota that would wipe out their draft picks for a couple of years.

Not a smart move if they are trading a significant amount of draft picks and if they don't make it to the playoffs the following year.

Please do it Eagles. This will give Dallas at least two wins in the division. I hope this is valid.