Report: Jenkins won't be at OTA's & wants trade

bsheeern

Reaction score
MIKE JENKINS HOPING TO BE TRADED, WILL SKIP COWBOYS OTAS
Ian Rapoport

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d8293d073/mike-jenkins-hoping-to-be-traded-will-skip-cowboys-otas/

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins won't be attending organized team activities when they begin Tuesday, a source with knowledge of Jenkins' situation said. He is rehabbing his shoulder after offseason surgery, so he would not have been able to participate in the on-field portions, anyway.

But staying away from the workouts -- which are voluntary -- is a choice Jenkins is making. He has also not been around the team during offseason conditioning.

Jenkins is hopeful of being traded, a source said, especially after the team picked Morris Claiborne with the sixth overall pick of the draft and signed free-agent Brandon Carr . Jenkins is due $1.05 million in the final year of his contract, but he'd like a new deal.

Avenger

Reaction score
bsheeern;4567828 said:
Ian Rapoport

According to?

Edit : My apologies. I missed Ian R.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome. We're already reaping the rewards of the Claiborne trade up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
bsheeern;4567828 said:
Ian Rapoport
I'd trade him if we could get fair value, but i don't think that's possible right now. He has a lot of value for us staying here this season.

jnday

Reaction score
bsheeern;4567828 said:
Ian Rapoport

Want in one hand and poop in the other Jenksey.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this is true, then Vaya con dios!

That attitude needs to be removed from the locker room regardless if his depth is needed this season.

Like I said, IF. Don't want to jump to pre-mature conclusions yet.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
There won't be a long line wanting to sign a pouting, CB with a bum shoulder that won't rehab and showing he's not a team player

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
And some of you guys wanted to sign this guy long term? Pssh. Unless we get a 3rd round pick, a solid center or even a tight end, I say keep him and let him pout.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Risen Star;4567836 said:
Awesome. We're already reaping the rewards of the Claiborne trade up.

I like jenkins but not thrilled about a player not willing to accept competition. We moverd up and got the best defensive player in the draft by many accounts if that makes you upset so be it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idiot. Not showing up for my OTAs isn't going to get me working on trade options any harder, I can tell you that.

If I were a trade partner, not being a team player while under contract isn't something that's going to get me to pay a premium.

That said, this will be a non-issue by the time the games start. Jenkins has 0 leverage here.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
TheSport78;4567849 said:
And some of you guys wanted to sign this guy long term? Pssh. Unless we get a 3rd round pick, a solid center or even a tight end, I say keep him and let him pout.
At this point he's turning into a cancer..JG won't have that around the new guys..my guess is he'll be cut at some point

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4567855 said:
At this point he's turning into a cancer..JG won't have that around the new guys..my guess is he'll be cut at some point

What's the value in cutting him though? The Cowboys hold all of the cards in the situation.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I'd make his *** sit the whole season. Then let him go via free agency. There's no room for people like him on a football team.

Can he be placed on the practice squad for a year?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheSport78;4567856 said:
What's the value in cutting him though? The Cowboys hold all of the cards in the situation.
The only value is that they will not want his negativity spreading throughout the locker room.

I agree, he has no leverage here. Coming off a serious injury, bad attitude, no one will make a trade for him ATM.