Report: Jenkins won't be at OTA's & wants trade

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Risen Star;4568254 said:
Wow am I tired of the RKG references.

I guess that's the fallback for all personnel decisions right now. It's cool. RKG.

It's the biggest beating of a meme on here in a long time.

And on Jenkins... This is one of those threads no one will remember in a few months. He'll show up and play when he has to, and missing OTAs won't mean anything. He can't participate in these practices -- or what pass for practices -- now anyway.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Randy White;4568750 said:
By the way, even if he's traded, no team is going to give him a long term contract anytime soon anyways.

I don't know about that. A team probably won't trade for him unless they know they can lock him up long term to begin with.

Randy White

Reaction score
TheCount;4569041 said:
I don't know about that. A team probably won't trade for him unless they know they can lock him up long term to begin with.

We can probably all agree that no team * is going to give up much for him. I mean, I don't care what Jerrah says about not wating to trade him, if somebody comes up with a reasonable price, he's gone.

Going on that premise, even if team X gives up this minute a 4th rounder, or even a 3rd rounder, that team is not going to give him a long term until he proves he's healthy AND can contribute. That scenario won't happen until, at the very earliest and in the best case scenario, the 8th to 10th game of the season, which is the same situation he's facing in Dallas.

It all comes down to two simple basis, no matter which uniform he'll wear: health and contribution.

* of course, you can't ever count out an idiotic front office, but I digress.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Jenkins wont make the 53 man roster. You decided to cut Jenkins as soon as you went to #6 and got claiborne. There is no reason to have a malcontent on your roster. Esp a malcontent who is hurt. Just cut him and be done with it.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Bluestang;4568735 said:
I believe he earned the position. In training camp video interviews from last season you can see Tyron and Hudson Houck practicing on his footwork and technique after the practices. He put in the extra time and effort and earned the position.

Mike Jenkins had only 373 snaps in coverage last season whereas Orlando Scandrick had 370 snaps and he was injury free. Jenkins gave up 4 TDs while Scandrick gave up 2 TDs and they both had one interception a piece. Like I said Jenkins body of work is incomplete and I stand by my statement.

And I don't believe Jenkins would be given a fair opportunity to win a starting job. The writing is on the wall. Jerry just wrote a huge check to Carr, and the price of Claiborne, draft pick wise, will not have him on the bench or in a dime role. Jenkins won't start.