Report: Jenkins won't be at OTA's & wants trade

ufcrules1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4567883 said:
At this point, he couldn't participate if he wanted to, because he's still rehabbing his shoulder.

But I see now that Jenkins is this year's Zone enemy.

When business interferes with an individuals fandom, the fan turns on the player.

I turned on him years ago. He is mentally weak and always getting hurt. The type of player that has brought this team down with his inconsistent play and weak attitude.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hate to see him go since he was a USF Bull. Would've liked to have some depth.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4567836 said:
Awesome. We're already reaping the rewards of the Claiborne trade up.

LOL!!!!!

And you're the yahwho that has remarked in the past about how these guys (the players) just need to to shut-up and do their jobs as professionals.

The fact is Jenkins ability to start the season (due to health) hasn't be clarified by anyone. And with his impending end-of-contract and the prospect of him wanting a $50 mil contract, the smart thing to do was get a replacement in house IF the opportunity presented itself.

It did and the Cowboys did.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Risen Star;4567890 said:
He wants out of Dallas. So he sucks, he's weak, locker room cancer, addition by subtraction, etc.

He's perfectly justified to feel that way, IMO. He's a quality starter in the league and he just watched his team waste 50 million and 1st and 2nd round picks on new players at his position. Who wouldn't want to leave in his position?

Come on man, there's something to be said for signing a contract. You promise to uphold your end of the deal when you sign it. I honestly can't believe you think it's okay to give your team an ultimatum when you have 1 year left under contract. You sign it knowing there is no guarantee in being re-signed. It's a childish move and you hurt yourself by doing it. Name 10 people who have benefited by doing it.

mldardy

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4567885 said:
Does anyone know what round pick we would get for Jenkins next year, as far as a compensatory pick is concerned?

If it is a 3rd or 4th, does that make it worth the 1.08 million he is worth? Is that what signing a 3rd or 4th goes for?
I'm almost inclined to say forget about a pick. If we trade him I'd like a veteran player in return. That pick could be traded or some project with the way we draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4567909 said:
LOL!!!!!

And you're the yahwho that has remarked in the past about how these guys (the players) just need to to shut-up and do their jobs as professionals.

The fact is Jenkins ability to start the season (due to health) hasn't be clarified by anyone. And with his impending end-of-contract and the prospect of him wanting a $50 mil contract, the smart thing to do was get a replacement in house IF the opportunity presented itself.

No kidding, these comments have nothing to do with jenkins it is his raising own agenda. He has complained since day 1 about Claiborne.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4567870 said:
Jenkins best move is to play this year as hard as he can and shoot for Carr and Finnegan money next off season. I personally don't care if we trade him for Draft picks or get a Compensatory Pick for him. I like the kid but I do not appreciate emulating the French and waving the white flag.

This.

And Jenkins knows that.

The fact that Jenkins is "holding out" from an activity that he couldn't participate in to begin with is just contract jockeying IMO.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Risen Star;4567836 said:
Awesome. We're already reaping the rewards of the Claiborne trade up.
This is all on Mike Jenkins, not the Cowboys. Jenkins is emotionally weak. Glad we traded up and drafted Mo Claiborne, now more than ever, in light of Jenkins' immature handling of the situation. His real character is now exposed. I have no tolerance for quitters.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;4567893 said:
There won't be any.

Every player on this team can see what Jenkins is out for - Jenkins.

Nobody is going to ruin their own chances by signing up for that.

It's a business. They'll see what he's doing, some may agree with him, many won't. Then they'll see him show up and play the games because he has to in order to get the deal he wants. With luck, he won't be too far behind the players who've been putting in the work all along, because he's going to need whatever edge he can get to earn playing time from the rookie.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4567883 said:
At this point, he couldn't participate if he wanted to, because he's still rehabbing his shoulder.

When business interferes with an individuals fandom, the fan turns on the player.
Can't say I agree with this WG...he's brought this on himself...he should be rehabing at the ranch where the trainers are..even though he can't participate at this point he still needs to be around the team...I've always felt that way....also what makes him think he has ANY trade value at this point due to his shoulder?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Risen Star;4567903 said:
Exactly, and this is the time of year where maybe he can do something about it.

Missing games in September or even camp time in July? Shame on him. Missing voluntary OTAs in May considering his situation? I can't fault him at all. The team basically told him what they think of him and his future here over the offseason.

I totally agree. If the Cowboys TRULY saw long term potential in Mike Jenkins, they wouldn't have traded up for Claiborne. They would have gone after Mark Barron or Fletcher Cox.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4567909 said:
LOL!!!!!

I would immediately fault him if he misses training camp time. But not a voluntary OTA in May.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
get rid of him....

i was gonna post a link up of a scene from one of my fave..."SLAP SHOT"

where denis wants to be trade right F#@*&@G NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2: :laugh2:

bye Mikey i will never forget that hit you pulled up on.....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4567883 said:

yea, gets old quick.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Risen Star;4567890 said:
He wants out of Dallas. So he sucks, he's weak, locker room cancer, addition by subtraction, etc.

He's perfectly justified to feel that way, IMO. He's a quality starter in the league and he just watched his team waste 50 million and 1st and 2nd round picks on new players at his position. Who wouldn't want to leave in his position?
philly has an opening now that Asante is gone don't they?

Angus

Reaction score
I don't like Jenkins' present attitude, which is immature. But because of the immaturity, it can be understood.

Last season he played hurt and played pretty well for the condition he was in, as Coach Ryan explained. He probably thinks he gave his all for the team but is now being disloyally shoved aside.

Youthful feelings of being "disrespected" crowd out any mature reflection of what ought to be expected in the business world.

I hope he soon grows up and comes into camp ready to prove his worth.

:)

a_minimalist

Reaction score
mldardy;4567912 said:
I'm almost inclined to say forget about a pick. If we trade him I'd like a veteran player in return. That pick could be traded or some project with the way we draft.

He's not worth anything, I think they found that out already. At best he is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, there's really no sense in losing out on that for an average vet.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4567913 said:
No kidding, these comments have nothing to do with jenkins it is his raising own agenda. He has complained since day 1 about Claiborne.

Of course!

That's RS.

I'm know his shtick.

He hates corners... Especially first-round-have-to-trade-our-second-round-pick-to-get-him-corner.

Jenky

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4567911 said:
Come on man, there's something to be said for signing a contract. You promise to uphold your end of the deal when you sign it. I honestly can't believe you think it's okay to give your team an ultimatum when you have 1 year left under contract. You sign it knowing there is no guarantee in being re-signed. It's a childish move and you hurt yourself by doing it. Name 10 people who have benefited by doing it.

Where's the ultimatum?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSport78;4567889 said:
I honestly can't blame him for wanting to be traded. Think of it from his perspective. He had a pretty good season in 2011. He has been a starter here since 2009.

If you were in a contract year, and you had Claiborne AND Carr in front of you, would you want to stay on the Cowboys? He won't get as many opportunities in a year where he's due to make the biggest contract of his entire career. I can't blame him for that.
Oh no, I do not blame him at all. If any of us were in his shoes we would do the same thing. But for me it is about greed. He wants out, what can I get for him? I mean can I get a KR/PR like Devin Hester? Or a good Draft pick? Or can I use him this year and get a 3rd round Comp pick?

I don't blame him, I actually like him very much, but no one should blame me for my greed either.