Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by JackOfNoTrades, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,207 Messages
    8,446 Likes Received
    I'll be turning in my season tickets if they do.

cml750 and BourbonBalz like this.
  2. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,035 Messages
    2,592 Likes Received
    Everyone has the right to a peaceful protest. Everyone has a right to Freedom of Speech. But that does not mean there aren't consequences for your actions. For example, I have the right to go to my boss and tell him he is a D bag and worthless human being. I can't be arrested for that.. but I can and would be fired for it. I hope they don't kneel, they can stay in the tunnel, they can hold hands, lock arms, etc but to kneel is just dis respectful IMO and I would be forced to make a very hard choice. This is America's team and should stand for the anthem.

3. TNCowboy

TNCowboy Double Trouble

9,315 Messages
    1,442 Likes Received
    I'm done with any player who kneels during the anthem. If it's team wide, my tv set turns the NFL off for the rest of the year. I watch sports to avoid things like politics, not to become immersed in politics.

They want to make some sort of statement in opposition to the president, they've got plenty of time to do it. During our national anthem is not the time.

You say it's not for me or anyone else to decide? Fine. It'll be my decision - a decision many others have already made based on falling ratings - to tell the NFL where they can stick it.

wrongway, cml750, Chevyman08 and 6 others like this.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

50,030 Messages
    37,533 Likes Received
    :laugh:

5. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

2,530 Messages
    6,499 Likes Received
    More insight to the wacky way my brain works: for some unknown reason, your comment reminded me of Ghost Busters and the quote by Bill Murray, "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria" :lmao2:

6. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    :laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao::yourock:

Melonfeud and dallasdave like this.
  7. LittleBoyBlue

LittleBoyBlue Redvolution

35,753 Messages
    8,400 Likes Received
    They can stick their thumbs up their butts during anthem.

Then they better win!

canters and Trouty like this.
  8. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

25,968 Messages
    63,559 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

RGV_C_Los, cml750, Melonfeud and 6 others like this.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

50,030 Messages
    37,533 Likes Received
    :lmao::flagwave:

10. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

7,815 Messages
    13,774 Likes Received
    The American Flag stands for the Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice. I honor those who gave their lives and NO WAY would I show disrespect by pulling this "LOOK AT ME" protest crap. You want to get political you say it,but the American Flag for me is sacred. I think by law they should be able to shoot a flag burner on sight. This I want to be a 60's hippie makes me want to puke!!! Yeah any Cowboys who pull this crap need to be sent to Cleveland & Buffalo,but first I would make them go spend some time in a Veterans Hospital and see true heroes not because you can run a good forty.YOU ARE NOT HERO, YOU JUST PLAY A SPORT. Heroes are those who sacrificed.Keep the Flag out of your self grandizing protest.

11. DakotaReign

DakotaReign JaBoy

325 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    This is America's team, and nothing is more American than exercising your rights, as long as they dont infringe upon others.

dagreat1_87, Jstopper and Roadtrip635 like this.
  12. LittleBoyBlue

LittleBoyBlue Redvolution

35,753 Messages
    8,400 Likes Received

I mean seriously.
    I gotta question people's intelligence and agenda driven drivel.

:)

DFWJC likes this.
  13. canters

canters Well-Known Member

3,676 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    I thought I had freedom of speech too? Guess not.

Melonfeud and pjtoadie like this.
  14. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,368 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    Give me a break. The whole racism argument when it comes to law enforcement is a bunch of bull****. If you don't want to get shot, don't commit crimes. White people get shot by cops too, but I haven't seen any protests. Are there some accidents and even bad shootings? Of course there are, but the same thing applies to white people that get shot. You just never hear about it because no one cares and no one can make any money off of it. The Michael Brown farce started all of this and it was proven to be total bull****. The "hands up, don't shoot" cry was proven to be a complete lie. The guy went for the officer's gun. You do that, you get shot. Every damn time.

I'm not blind. I know racism still exists. But, it exists on a two way street. In general, you will be treated in the manner you treat others. It seems that today if a black person gets shot by the Police, it's automatically a racist act. Maybe, just maybe black people commit crimes just like white people. Imagine that.

timb2, Tass, wrongway and 7 others like this.
  15. esloan

esloan Well-Known Member

964 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    LOL

16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

12,456 Messages
    6,364 Likes Received
    But that does not mean freedom from consequences. I guess you were OK with that Church protesting at fallen soldiers funerals?

Melonfeud, pjtoadie and BourbonBalz like this.
  17. canters

canters Well-Known Member

3,676 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Yes, it is entertainment.

pjtoadie likes this.
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

55,511 Messages
    19,555 Likes Received
    Cool, now I know who all the racists are.

19. DakotaReign

DakotaReign JaBoy

325 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    The flag is a piece of cloth. A symbol at best. The soldiers didnt die for a flag. They died for freedom. And democracy. and the right to protest injustice. Even when its not convenient.

20. esloan

esloan Well-Known Member

964 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    LOL

21. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

9,697 Messages
    6,323 Likes Received
    Leave politics out of sports ***. Damn.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
Thread Status: