News: Report: Tony Romo met with CBS bosses amid broadcasting criticism

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As someone who generally watches games on mute, I have no idea what they're talking about. Anyone care to elaborate? Article doesn't seem to cite anything specific.
They say he is not preparing or studying enough for the games, so I am guessing he is not knowing the players enough or what they are good at or why the team would run a certain play, stuff like that.

Basically they are saying he is just mailing it in, like he wakes up 5 min before the game and just wings it.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I was one of Romo's biggest supporters, and in honesty, I probably still am.

But I think things came easy to Tony, all-state basketball player, very good NFL QB, very good golfer, and then took the broadcasting world by storm.

I could see his slacking in preparation because of his confidence. I don't like to say it because I am such a fan of his. But it's easy to see it happening when everything you try in life seems so easy to accomplish.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I was one of Romo's biggest supporters, and in honesty, I probably still am.

But I think things came easy to Tony, all-state basketball player, very good NFL QB, very good golfer, and then took the broadcasting world by storm.

I could see his slacking in preparation because of his confidence. I don't like to say it because I am such a fan of his. But it's easy to see it happening when everything you try in life seems so easy to accomplish.
Have you noticed it listening to any of his recent games?

sideon

Reaction score
He doesn't have the same enthusiasm he had his first year. Before he sounded like someone excited to call games, and he would tell you exactly what every play was about to be. This year he seemed like he'd rater b anywhere else, and you would sometimes hear him ramble in a monotone fashion or just trail off.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He doesn't have the same enthusiasm he had his first year. Before he sounded like someone excited to call games, and he would tell you exactly what every play was about to be. This year he seemed like he'd rater b anywhere else, and you would sometimes hear him ramble in a monotone fashion or just trail off.
Maybe he's bored..........might be a good time to consider coaching.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
That's interesting to hear, I wonder if he's bored with calling games and ready to move on to something else. I could he him thinking that way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They say he is not preparing or studying enough for the games, so I am guessing he is not knowing the players enough or what they are good at or why the team would run a certain play, stuff like that.

Basically they are saying he is just mailing it in, like he wakes up 5 min before the game and just wings it.

Thanks this is all I needed to see sheesh