Report: Tyree Hill facing a MAX four-game suspension

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All speculation as to the number of games he gets. No decision has been made and Goodell doesn’t go around broadcasting what he’s thinking.

Ghost12

Reaction score
"Dismiss that as a mistake." Wut?

First, it's technically not a threat. It's advice.
LOL!! Advice??!? Uh, to quote you, you should be extremely embarrassed for having said that. Not joking. That's an all-time absurd statement. "Your honor when I told my girlfriend she should be terrified of me, I was just giving advice!!"

Newsflash: Technically it's a threat. The legal definition of threat is: "Spoken or written words tending to intimidate or menace others. … a menace designed to intimidate someone; something that a reasonable person would interpret as a real and serious communication of an intent to inflict harm."

So when a guy with a history of abusing a woman says to that woman "you need to be terrified of me too, b****." then yeah, reasonable people will look at that as communicating an intent to inflict harm. Tyreek's actions fit all the above definitions of "threat".

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL!! Advice??!? Uh, to quote you, you should be extremely embarrassed for having said that. Not joking. That's an all-time absurd statement. "Your honor when I told my girlfriend she should be terrified of me, I was just giving advice!!"

Newsflash: Technically it's a threat. The legal definition of threat is: "Spoken or written words tending to intimidate or menace others. … a menace designed to intimidate someone; something that a reasonable person would interpret as a real and serious communication of an intent to inflict harm."

So when a guy with a history of abusing a woman says to that woman "you need to be terrified of me too, b****." then yeah, reasonable people will look at that as communicating an intent to inflict harm. Tyreek's actions fit all the above definitions of "threat".

It's funny that you quoted definitions, and then picked the one that didn't fit. It could fit the "spoken or written words tending to intimidate or menace others," but not the latter. And you went with the latter. Hill's comment would communicate the idea that she COULD be hurt (intimidation) not an INTENT to hurt. You are arguing semantics, and yet not understanding the distinction of a threat and intimidation. Advice can be used to intimidate, but not be a threat. That is the case here. I did not say it was not meant to intimidate. I also said it was wrong for him to have said it, and I'm perfectly fine with him being suspended for it. It is, however, not a threat.

BTW, whose legal definition are you using (looks like you may be taking a phrase discussing a more general topic "Unlawful Communication" - and relates to extortion - and applying it specifically to 'threat')? Not everyone uses the same definition. And the comment was made in Dubai, so for the legal definition, you'd have to look at their laws.

Ghost12

Reaction score
It's funny that you quoted definitions, and then picked the one that didn't fit. It could fit the "spoken or written words tending to intimidate or menace others," but not the latter. And you went with the latter. Hill's comment would communicate the idea that she COULD be hurt (intimidation) not an INTENT to hurt. You are arguing semantics, and yet not understanding the distinction of a threat and intimidation. Advice can be used to intimidate, but not be a threat. That is the case here. I did not say it was not meant to intimidate. I also said it was wrong for him to have said it, and I'm perfectly fine with him being suspended for it. It is, however, not a threat.
You don't think a reasonable person would look at Hill's statement - with or without knowledge of Hill's history with this woman - and consider it an "intent to commit harm, menace or intimidate?" Gimme a break.

It's ok to admit you were wrong. Quite honestly, you'd look a lot less silly admitting you made an honest mistake than you do arguing that his statement is "technically not a threat, it's advice."

coogrfan

Reaction score
I have...it's audio. He said she should fear him...I'm sorry, while that is wrong of him, thinking it is cause for some huge suspension is absurd to the nth degree.

If he didn't have a history of domestic violence issues, maybe.

"Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her. Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges."

These are just the incidents we know about. It's clear to me from listening to the audio of the most recent incident that Hill hasn't learned a damn thing. Maybe a suspension will change that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You don't think a reasonable person would look at Hill's statement - with or without knowledge of Hill's history with this woman - and consider it an "intent to commit harm, menace or intimidate?" Gimme a break.

It's ok to admit you were wrong. Quite honestly, you'd look a lot less silly admitting you made an honest mistake than you do arguing that his statement is "technically not a threat, it's advice."

No. Do you know what intent means?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If he didn't have a history of domestic violence issues, maybe.

"Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her. Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges."

These are just the incidents we know about. It's clear to me from listening to the audio of the most recent incident that Hill hasn't learned a damn thing. Maybe a suspension will change that.

It is still just a comment, history (which at the very least people should be open to examining in a new light with the potential disorder) or not, it's words. Wrong to be sure...but words. Could there be actions to add to that? Possibly, but none we have been made aware of yet.

And again, I have expressed openness to his suspension by the team (due to his assurances).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Do you know what menace or intimidate means?

Seriously. Keep humiliating yourself by calling it "advice."
Nice way to completely ignore what I said because you have no argument. And advice is a technically accurate term. It can be (and is) other things in addition to that. Threat is not a technically accurate term. And no, a reasonable person should not infer intent unless they don't know what intent means.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The NFL needs to rid itself of these subhumans.
I just dont understand why anyone cares if these guys are "good," or "Bad," people. Do you care if the guy in the movies or TV shows is a good guy? Do you care if the lead guitarist in the band that you listen to is a "Good," person?

To each their own, but I just dont care if players help old ladies cross streets, rescue puppies, and do little Tommy's HW in their spare time. I only care if they can carry the rock into the end zone, or bash the opposing teams qb.

Hypocrissy is rich though. You notice how, for the most part how much you like or dislike a player normally is determined by how good the player is.

Ever hear someone say they loved Bobby Carpenter?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Did you guys hear what Hill said? Or read it? The NFL should be proactive and not wait for Hill to follow thru on his threats. Ban him for a year with no pay and NFL should mandate an anger management program or he cannot re-apply for reinstatement. We are talkin about a child here. This is bigger than football. I'm not ok with "comments" like the ones he made towards his girlfriend and step son. The kid is small for cryin out loud….

you arent ok with it.....ok
So what are you going to do? Are you going to not watch games? Not watch Chief games? Teams are littered with players like this. All teams have em, it is simply who some of these players are.

If you arent ok with it, and it bothers you so much, you should stop watching these "Scum."

Im being serious, not trying to be an ***. But seriously..... what are you going to possibly do about this since you are not ok with it?

erod

Reaction score
I just dont understand why anyone cares if these guys are "good," or "Bad," people. Do you care if the guy in the movies or TV shows is a good guy? Do you care if the lead guitarist in the band that you listen to is a "Good," person?

To each their own, but I just dont care if players help old ladies cross streets, rescue puppies, and do little Tommy's HW in their spare time. I only care if they can carry the rock into the end zone, or bash the opposing teams qb.

Hypocrissy is rich though. You notice how, for the most part how much you like or dislike a player normally is determined by how good the player is.

Ever hear someone say they loved Bobby Carpenter?
Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach full force. Now he's abusing that same child.

Are you serious?

Rayman70

Reaction score
you arent ok with it.....ok
So what are you going to do? Are you going to not watch games? Not watch Chief games? Teams are littered with players like this. All teams have em, it is simply who some of these players are.

If you arent ok with it, and it bothers you so much, you should stop watching these "Scum."

Im being serious, not trying to be an ***. But seriously..... what are you going to possibly do about this since you are not ok with it?
not watch the chiefs. No loss for me since I am a Dallas fan. NEXT

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach full force. Now he's abusing that same child.

Are you serious?
I havent read every document on Hill's situation, but when was he convicted of punching his pregnant girlfriend in the gut? Hes absuing the kid? I know she tried to set him up on the phone and get him to admit to it, and he did not admit to it. So how do you know hes abusing the kid?

I, unike many, dont view NFL players in any special light. I view them the exact same as the guy repairing air conditioning. Since this is so easy for you to convict Hill, why has he not been charged? Its easy for me, not in jail, then its ok to work, just like anyone else.

I love Motley Crue.... the lead singer killed a guy because he was driving drunk. I still listen to Motley Crue
Roman Polanski is basically a child rapist... Ill still watch his movies.
Cosby raped multiple woman, I have no problem with the Cosby Show
Michael Jackson was very likely a pedophile.... I still listen to his music and would go to his concert tomorrow if he were alive.

Athletes are no different. They are not cming to my house for dinner, they arent my kids role models, they are disposable entertainment, and if they arent in jail.... lace em up and score me TDs on Sunday. Sorry if your morals dont allow you to think that way. But... dont be a hypocrit. You might want to turn off the NFL, because teams are littered with these guys.... ALL TEAMS.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
not watch the chiefs. No loss for me since I am a Dallas fan. NEXT
BUT....... the real question is would you not watch the Cowboys if Hillwas wearing the Star. Id bet my life, if you are here in July.... you will always watch on Sunday.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Nice way to completely ignore what I said because you have no argument. And advice is a technically accurate term. It can be (and is) other things in addition to that. Threat is not a technically accurate term. And no, a reasonable person should not infer intent unless they don't know what intent means.
"Advice" is not a legal term (in the context of this discussion) so I am not going to argue what the "technical" definition of a word is when it doesn't matter.

"Threat" is a legal term and technically, what he said constitutes a threat. There isn't a reasonable person with an IQ north of Forrest Gump who would say otherwise.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
"Advice" is not a legal term (in the context of this discussion) so I am not going to argue what the "technical" definition of a word is when it doesn't matter.

"Threat" is a legal term and technically, what he said constitutes a threat. There isn't a reasonable person with an IQ north of Forrest Gump who would say otherwise.

Who said advice is a legal term?

And no...it isn't a threat. Legally or otherwise. Saying it over and over doesn't make it so. Words have meanings. I am sorry you don't understand that, specifically what intent means.

You like to avoid addressing what is said. You have no argument.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Who said advice is a legal term?

And no...it isn't a threat. Legally or otherwise. Saying it over and over doesn't make it so. Words have meanings. I am sorry you don't understand that, specifically what intent means.

You like to avoid addressing what is said. You have no argument.
I gave you the legal definition of threat and showed you how his statement fits in that definition.

You obviously don't have the first clue about the law. At this point, you've clearly decided you would rather go on making a complete fool of yourself. Thank you for the comedic relief.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill may think he's all tough for being the way he was in that clip. But he's no man. No man attacks like he did. Attacking a small child like that tells me that he's a low human being and not a man.