Report: Witten won't rule out returning

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Didn't see this covered in the current Witten thread on the front page. Either way sounds like he'd consider returning but are we a better team with or without him.

Jason Witten misses football, won’t rule out return

Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Jesse Reed | Last updated 2/13/19
Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sportsutm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick
11957811.jpg

Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
Jason Witten retired from his NFL career before the start of the 2018 season, and his send-off as a lifelong member of the Dallas Cowboys was legendary. Yet one year removed, he still feels the itch to play and won’t completely rule out a return.

Speaking to reporters at the Star in Frisco Monday for the second annual Jason Witten College Football Man of the Year award ceremony, he shared how much he misses the game.

robjay04

Reaction score
Not that I want it because I don’t.

But I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Witten is the “upgrade” at tight end we get.

I prefer someone with big play ability.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not that I want it because I don’t.

But I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Witten is the “upgrade” at tight end we get.

I prefer someone with big play ability.

I dont expect an upgrade at te.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Once he's been removed from playing TE for a couple of seasons, returning would be unlikely.

The physical demand alone of playing that position would more than likely make it improbable.

Thus far, there hasn't been any indication being said that his broadcasting career is in danger.

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Perhaps not but Stephen Jones feels it's one of the team's priorities, according to recent statements.

Theyll probably draft one but the odds of him being better than 3 out of the 4 we have now are slim.

conner01

Reaction score
He's the best TE on the team the second he walks on the field.
Maybe
But he’s not walking on the field
He’s done
He misses the game and I get that, he’s not very good at his new job
I’m sure we could use a asst TE coach if he’s interested