Report: Witten won't rule out returning

foofighters

Reaction score
Didn't see this covered in the current Witten thread on the front page. Either way sounds like he'd consider returning but are we a better team with or without him.

Jason Witten misses football, won’t rule out return

Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Jesse Reed | Last updated 2/13/19
Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sportsutm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick
11957811.jpg

Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
Jason Witten retired from his NFL career before the start of the 2018 season, and his send-off as a lifelong member of the Dallas Cowboys was legendary. Yet one year removed, he still feels the itch to play and won’t completely rule out a return.

Speaking to reporters at the Star in Frisco Monday for the second annual Jason Witten College Football Man of the Year award ceremony, he shared how much he misses the game.
No. He made his bed, now it's time to sleep in it...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Didn't see this covered in the current Witten thread on the front page. Either way sounds like he'd consider returning but are we a better team with or without him.

Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sportsutm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick
11957811.jpg

Jason Witten retired from his NFL career before the start of the 2018 season, and his send-off as a lifelong member of the Dallas Cowboys was legendary. Yet one year removed, he still feels the itch to play and won’t completely rule out a return.

Speaking to reporters at the Star in Frisco Monday for the second annual Jason Witten College Football Man of the Year award ceremony, he shared how much he misses the game.

Witten is pathetic in the booth.

I dont blame him.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He is terrible at commentary, so I'm not surprised. I wonder how long ESPN keeps him around, even if he doesn't return to football.

aria

Reaction score
I would love to see Jason come back on a vet minimum.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

11957811.jpg

@Melonfeud gather the usual outcasts! Those who do not succumb to Jerry Spagnola.
That well-nourished Witten. Coming back. Is this a Fellini movie??
Laughable.
Let us, finally, and commas are wonderful to separate clause, say to all, we lucked our way to gold in key positions.
We are, lads 1 QB away from destiny. Fight on, insurgents!
We can't win without a Goff/Flacco/Brees.
Jerry, laddie, rock the world in a QB trade. Be creative!!!!

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
don't think it'll happen but I damn sure hope it does.
hell...I still hope Herschel comes back...and Im serious about that.
Randy White and Too Tall....and Im more serious about that also.
:starspin:82:starspin:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Nobody kept the chains and drives moving like Jason Witten ....Many recently retired players have an itch to return but he won't scratch it, he'll stay retired!
Usually I'd agree but I think he knows he sucked as an announcer and even though ESPN is used to putting out a ****** product they might look to replace him. If that happens this is kinda a way for an out from being embarrassed in that regard and it allows him to come back to a sport he left for a future in what he might not have a future in at this point.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Once he's been removed from playing TE for a couple of seasons, returning would be unlikely.

The physical demand alone of playing that position would more than likely make it improbable.

Thus far, there hasn't been any indication being said that his broadcasting career is in danger.
One season would give him fresh legs. Cardio and weight loss would be his biggest concern and even that would be a minor concern.

RS12

Reaction score
I dont want to see another Jackie Smith moment.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

His boss at ESPN mentioned in passing "You know, I bet you could still play. You might want to look into that."

Staubacher

Reaction score
Ironic that as a player Witten was universally loved but looked down on as a broadcaster; meanwhile Romo was looked down on as a player but is adored as a broadcaster

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If he comes back, he needs to go to a team like New Orleans, where he can just be a contributor to an already potent offense and maybe do like Ware and pick up a Super Bowl title to cap his career.