Rest Of NFC East Has Eagles In Their Crosshairs

Pick A Team

• Total voters

Sydla

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about where you live. And naming names mean nothing to me either. What I do know is the Eagles DEVELOP their players. So anyone who they see that has potential is capable of stepping up or else they wouldn't be here. Period. And bringing up the "they were talking" media driven crap talk is so typical of a cowboy fan. Bravo, as a Philadelphian you passed their bs test.
And dime a dozen DEs have GPS systems where Dallas is not part of the known universe? Because you've had one in the past 5 years. And it took a contract year for him to show up, pay that man!!! lol. Listen I have nothing against you, I don't t even know you. But living here and knowing the Eagles history where the cap is concerned tells me that you are either slow or being disingenuous. From Banner to Roseman they manage the cap better than most. In your heart of hearts you know this.

Just because they "develop" their players doesn't mean Sheldon Gibson is now going to grow into Agholor's replacement, for example. You basically are saying that as long as he has a pulse, the Eagles will develop him into a good player. LOL.

And are you now trying to compare Steven Means and Lawrence?

From Banner to Roseman, they always had cap space and didn't have to cut, restructure guys like they may have to this year and in future years to make space. So if anyone is being disingenuous here, it's you. It's rare the Eagles have gone into an offseason with a negative cap number like they are carrying now.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about where you live. And naming names mean nothing to me either. What I do know is the Eagles DEVELOP their players. So anyone who they see that has potential is capable of stepping up or else they wouldn't be here. Period. And bringing up the "they were talking" media driven crap talk is so typical of a cowboy fan. Bravo, as a Philadelphian you passed their bs test.
And dime a dozen DEs have GPS systems where Dallas is not part of the known universe? Because you've had one in the past 5 years. And it took a contract year for him to show up, pay that man!!! lol. Listen I have nothing against you, I don't t even know you. But living here and knowing the Eagles history where the cap is concerned tells me that you are either slow or being disingenuous. From Banner to Roseman they manage the cap better than most. In your heart of hearts you know this.

If the cap was managed that well, thye would not be $13m over the cap for the next 2 seasons, not what you call managing the cap well, they may have little dead money but the current liabilities, do not bode well, it means restructures will have to be made as well as cuts, and what that means it will effect future cap space.

Sydla

Reaction score
If the cap was managed that well, thye would not be $13m over the cap for the next 2 seasons, not what you call managing the cap well, they may have little dead money but the current liabilities, do not bode well, it means restructures will have to be made as well as cuts, and what that means it will effect future cap space.

And honestly, that's not entirely a bad situation that would kill their franchise. But my point all along is that you now see some Eagles fans acting like restructures and the like to make cap space are smart moves and yet they killed the Cowboys for doing similar things.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just because they "develop" their players doesn't mean Sheldon Gibson is now going to grow into Agholor's replacement, for example. You basically are saying that as long as he has a pulse, the Eagles will develop him into a good player. LOL.

From Banner to Roseman, they always had cap space and didn't have to cut, restructure guys like they may have to this year and in future years to make space. So if anyone is being disingenuous here, it's you. It's rare the Eagles have gone into an offseason with a negative cap number like they are carrying now.
How long has it been since they had to pay a QB?

glimmerman

Reaction score
The East is always tough. But in rescent years it’s been Cowboys and egirls. Just because they win the SB don’t mean anything. We were 13-3 with 2 rookies at vital positions a few years ago.

Dak will improve and Elliot will be back full time. We have draft, FA to get our Offense back on track. We will draft well for needs, FA I am not expecting much. Hoping our young players will develop some in the offseason.

Another offseason and TC for our young secondary. Our D-Line is getting pressure. Add to that and maybe a descent O-Lineman and WR and hey, we could be right back on track.

kskboys

Reaction score
The East is always tough. But in rescent years it’s been Cowboys and egirls. Just because they win the SB don’t mean anything. We were 13-3 with 2 rookies at vital positions a few years ago.

Dak will improve and Elliot will be back full time. We have draft, FA to get our Offense back on track. We will draft well for needs, FA I am not expecting much. Hoping our young players will develop some in the offseason.

Another offseason and TC for our young secondary. Our D-Line is getting pressure. Add to that and maybe a descent O-Lineman and WR and hey, we could be right back on track.
All we really need to jump into super bowl contention is an MLB, a S, a NT, and a decent ORT who can play OLT if Tyron's back problems continue. Oh, and a route running fiend at WR. For some reason we ignore route running ability when drafting WR's. Very strange stuff.

glimmerman

Reaction score
All we really need to jump into super bowl contention is an MLB, a S, a NT, and a decent ORT who can play OLT if Tyron's back problems continue. Oh, and a route running fiend at WR. For some reason we ignore route running ability when drafting WR's. Very strange stuff.

That’s all we need? We should be able to get all that in the first 2 rounds. Just get a safety that can run WR routes and NT that can play MLB. Apparently Tyron’s back is fine. Lol

ghostdog

Reaction score

What are you 12? You don’t remember the year after the so called dream team? lol. We can go back and forth all day. Here’s my final words on this. We will have a better team than you have for the next 3-4 Year’s. And we won’t have to do anything unusual to do that.

Valorius

Reaction score
I think Mills will be fine in the slot. His problem has always been double moves. Not many slot receivers have that in their arsenal. He’ll be fine there. Excited to see Sydney Jones at 100%.

What makes you think Mills can even play the slot at all? If anything, i'd move Darby to the slot and play Mills and Jones outside.

Valorius

Reaction score
Also, as noted, Robinson might also be a big loss. Sidney Jones is coming off an Achilles. You have no idea what kind of player he might be.
Actually Sidney jones played in the week 16 game vs dallas and looked very good. There is film breakdown on youtube of his play in the game.

If Sidney Jones was in this year's draft, he'd be the top corner taken, and a top 10 pick.

Valorius

Reaction score
There is going to have to be a lot of players let go and restructures made, as it stands you are currently $12.9m over the cap, and have 13 UFA, even trading Foles will not save you that much as he was paid $7m in guarantees.
The Eagles are 9m over the cap.

Valorius

Reaction score
You keep saying you are better equipped but that's not necessarily true. Sure, you have V for Peters. And you have a guy like Barnett if you cut Curry (but given Schwartz rotates guys extensively, you will still have to find another few DEs, especially if Long also walks). But not every spot is like that. For example, who is your slot WR that would take over for Agholor if he has another big season and likely gets a big WR contract? Who is the young CB taking over for Darby if he is good again next year and hits FA in 2019?
Worrying about 2019 is very premature.

ghostdog

Reaction score
What makes you think Mills can even play the slot at all? If anything, i'd move Darby to the slot and play Mills and Jones outside.
Because his play closer to the LOS is outstanding. The only thing that he has trouble with is double moves. Slot receivers don't usually have that in the arsenal. Everything in the slot is about quickness. The only thing that kept Mills out of the second or third rounds in his draft was his long speed. Putting Darby there takes away his biggest advantage, his make up speed.

Valorius

Reaction score
Playing the slot calls for different skills than playing outside. Corey Graham and Patrick Robinson are the Eagles slot corners.

kskboys

Reaction score
Signed Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb and Sam Bradford.
Correct. Most teams have cap room w/ a talented young Qb on his rook deal. And then when they have to pay him, the team generally falls apart.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Correct. Most teams have cap room w/ a talented young Qb on his rook deal. And then when they have to pay him, the team generally falls apart.
Not really. Signed Bradford two years ago. And we got better.