Reuben Foster Flunks Drug Test

RS12

Reaction score
Foster doing his best Wiley Coyote imitation right now.

Pants

Reaction score
standard Alabama player...Great in college where there are no rules (and I think testing is done by the individual teams....hmmmm)....now, he is such a dummy that he didnt get the memo "now that you can't cheat, you MUST stop taking (fill in the blank)".....

pre-this report, top 10 guy....now, he is in that special pile of papers that they give to Spaulding to play with and wipe his nose in the war room

revospeed

Reaction score
Commanders at 17 is my prediction. Too good of a player not to get picked in the first.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Exactly. Considered a failed test but not really. I'm not dropping him at all. He's my #1 ranked player. I like his crazy.

The rumor I keep hearing is Foster suspects his sample was tampered w/ by the guy that he got in the fight w/ @ the hospital...

Wouldn't put it past a shady intern to get pissed off and think he's gonna show him.:rolleyes:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The rumor I keep hearing is Foster suspects his sample was tampered w/ by the guy that he got in the fight w/ @ the hospital...

Wouldn't put it past a shady intern to get pissed off and think he's gonna show him.:rolleyes:
You mean the shady intern who wouldn't let him pull the "do you know who I am crap" and made him wait his turn like everybody else? Yeah that's real shady.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Not convinced of anything. Test wasn't positive but inconclusive due to being diluted meaning too much water for a reliable sample. If he truly was sick with vomiting and diarrhea, over hydrating is possible.

If he's there at 28, I would be running up with the card. Guy is insanely talented and if marijuana is the biggest concern, that's fine given that testing is being lightened. I don't think this is a Gregory 2.0 situation.

Hailmary

Reaction score
What do you mean the test is being lightened? Is this something that the league announced?

Nirvana

Reaction score
Just take him off the board and be done with taking these kind of players.

ksg811

Reaction score
What do you mean the test is being lightened? Is this something that the league announced?

The testing limit was recently raised from 15 ng/ml to 35. The NFLPA has also pushed drug policy reform has a prerequisite for CBA extension discussion. NFL wants to extend the current CBA, so changing the drug policy needs to come first, then extension negotiation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

They are predicting that it will be one of the negotiating chips for the owners in the next collective bargaining agreement.

I believe the players and owners want lighter testing and punishment for marijuana.

I don't know how they could make it any simpler to pass these tests than they already do anyways.

The NFL has 2 scheduled tests a year and some of these guys can't even show up clean for that.

Hailmary

Reaction score
The testing limit was recently raised from 15 ng/ml to 35. The NFLPA has also pushed drug policy reform has a prerequisite for CBA extension discussion. NFL wants to extend the current CBA, so changing the drug policy needs to come first, then extension negotiation.
I realize that policy reform is being pushed for the new CBA deal, but I wasn't aware that the testing limit has been raised. So this is official?

fishspill

Reaction score
They are predicting that it will be one of the negotiating chips for the owners in the next collective bargaining agreement.

I believe the players and owners want lighter testing and punishment for marijuana.

I don't know how they could make it any simpler to pass these tests than they already do anyways.

The NFL has 2 scheduled tests a year and some of these guys can't even show up clean for that.

Does the CBA require or allow a suspension for a failed test? Depending on what the language is the league could simply stop suspending players for pot without saying anything.

How that would affect using it as a bargaining chip in future negotiations I have no idea. I'm no law talker guy.

ksg811

Reaction score
The league tests players once a year between late April and early August. For cost and availability reasons, it usually occurs when players are all grouped together in one place; so generally test are administered during training camp.

If you pass, you're fine for a year. If you fail, you enter a 90 day period of increased testing. That's the "level one" offender which is not publicized or suspended. If you stay clean for the 90 days, then you revert back to the once yearly testing.

ksg811

Reaction score
I realize that policy reform is being pushed for the new CBA deal, but I wasn't aware that the testing limit has been raised. So this is official?

The NFLPA is looking to reform it ASAP, not for the new CBA. The NFL wants to extend the CBA, not wait for 2020. The NFLPA is hoping to use the drug policy as leverage for negotiating an early extension of the CBA.

Pants

Reaction score
He never failed a drug test in college and doesn't have known usage issues like Gregory, who admitted he was a heavy user. He is also a level 1 offender, which by the CBA is only a 90 day intervention. If he's clean for 90 days, he's squared away.

At Alabama? I think the teams do their own drug testing....so, the coaches give him a cup and say while winking "you know what to do...." (he hands it to one of the cheerleaders to pee in the cup for him)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does the CBA require or allow a suspension for a failed test? Depending on what the language is the league could simply stop suspending players for pot without saying anything.

How that would affect using it as a bargaining chip in future negotiations I have no idea. I'm no law talker guy.
The NFL would lose leverage if they quit penalizing players for failed tests. Some owners wanted the testing just so that they could use it as leverage in the future.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was in 2014.

ksg811

Reaction score
At Alabama? I think the teams do their own drug testing....so, the coaches give him a cup and say while winking "you know what to do...." (he hands it to one of the cheerleaders to pee in the cup for him)

The NCAA also tests for bowl games. If it was a problem, don't you think he would've failed at least one of the 4? And he'll, Gregory failed 2 at Nebraska, a big football school where he was the best player.