Video: Review of our offense and Dak' improvement on accuracy and anticipation

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What improvement LOL...he had 1 good game vrs a wanna lose and going nowhere Giant team!!!
The week before he couldn't score 1 point against a going somewhere Colts team.....
Seahawks defense vrs Dak is not a good thing for us or Dak.....it might just be a Blood bath for no 4.......I know I know bash away but I very little confidence if they contain Zeke that Dak can win this game with his arm against this defense....
The week before we played Tampa. Bud:)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Neat. Boy though, you can see the difference between a coach a color commentator. Listening to him fumble along would be tough during an early film session. I feel for the players who have to listen to that droning lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The one thing I worry by Seahawks is their attempt to contain Dak in the pocket to prevent him from moving to the outside which he can throw well. Hopefully the Cowboys know how to deal with that.

Dak likes to contain himself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nobody said he can't improve. The question is, can he improve enough to make the team a perennial contender?

The team was a contender in 2016 when he was a rookie when the line was healthy. That should have answered your question already. So common sense would tell you that with two more years experience for Dak and the line close to what it was in 2016, that would be enough. As long as Frederick comes back healthy I dont see that being a big problem. Dont think the line will EVER be THAT good again.

So the REAL question is..............................Is Dak good enough to win without a great Oline. THAT is the only question that still needs answering. I certainly dont have that answer long term, but I would say NOT at this time he isnt.

So between now and the end of next year you do both of those things. Continue to develop Dak and get the Oline healthy and improved. If you CANT get the line back to top level and Dak hasnt matured enough to be more consistent behind a bad to average line, then you have your answer.

Pretty simple stuff.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team was a contender in 2016 when he was a rookie when the line was healthy. That should have answered your question already. So common sense would tell you that with two more years experience for Dak and the line close to what it was in 2016, that would be enough. As long as Frederick comes back healthy I dont see that being a big problem. Dont think the line will EVER be THAT good again.

So the REAL question is..............................Is Dak good enough to win without a great Oline. THAT is the only question that still needs answering. I certainly dont have that answer long term, but I would say NOT at this time he isnt.

So between now and the end of next year you do both of those things. Continue to develop Dak and get the Oline healthy and improved. If you CANT get the line back to top level and Dak hasnt matured enough to be more consistent behind a bad to average line, then you have your answer.

Pretty simple stuff.
I didn't ask if he could improve enough to win with an O-line as great as he had in 2016. As you said, he'll probably never have a line that good again....but then, few QBs have ever had that luxury.

I asked if he could improve HIS game enough to be a perennial contender, which means can he do it without having nearly the best people surrounding him?

Not so simple, really. If it was, we wouldn't be debating whether or not to give him a big contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Now is money time regardless of peoples take on Dak this is the time of year that QB has to go out and prove himself under the pressure of post season. Fortunately Dak has some post season experience and he seemed to handle the pressure of the game quite well posting a QB rating of 103 and throwing 3 TD and 1 int. Granted Seahawks defense is better than the defense Dak faced vs GB but Dak was able to handle the situation and I expect him to handle this as well.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Pretty simple stuff.
I agree, I'm not taking an opinion as of yet (whether Dak sux or Dak is the 2nd coming) like many on this board, however I think this game will tell us a lot about him and his future in a playoff scenario. His first bad throw or pic will drive everyone nuts but it's what he does afterwards (when he settles in) that I'm going to be really watching his performance.
On another note, given Linehans tendencies the seahags are expecting Linehan to get Zeke the ball early so you know they are lining 8 or 9 in the box to take our run game early. Would be great to see Linehan break ranks early and go to the air to open them up. If he does, Dak has to be accurate or could be a long day.

pansophy

Reaction score
I guess I get caught in the middle. I like Dak and I think he will continue to learn and improve yet in the meantime I seen ample times where Dak had made the plays to help his team win games be it with his arm or legs but the guy will do what ever to help his team win. I also see things with Dak that I know he will have to get better at 1st in my book is protecting the ball under pressure and 2nd getting the ball out quicker which I have started to see from him over the last 2 games and lastly but this is also more or less team is being more productive in redzone. I don't see Dak as elite but frankly I only see 3 QB in this league as elite because to me elite is not 1 or 2 seasons of playing good it is year after year of playing great. In my view though Dallas can win with Dak at QB
Yeah in a way he is a classic Jones high risk high reward pick, even though we didn't plan on picking him. He has some very high level abilities and some areas of his game that are not NFL quality. At least his head is on straight.

I'd like to think that Dak is turning the corner in recent weeks. i don't think losing Saturday means he Dak is a lost cause. I personally though would like to see more before paying him, but they are obviously privy to all the information.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I'm glad he was showing things Dak is working on and improving on. His critics seem to think a player is incapable of improving that this all come natural. I see big differences in Dak play early in the season and as of late. Now the post season is here and Dak will have to go out and make plays, yes Dallas will run but when you hit post season vs better teams we can't afford to be 1 dimensional.
Dak cannot be improving because he has the inexperienced Kellen Moore as his qb coach. I read it in cz....tongue in cheek comment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree, I'm not taking an opinion as of yet (whether Dak sux or Dak is the 2nd coming) like many on this board, however I think this game will tell us a lot about him and his future in a playoff scenario. His first bad throw or pic will drive everyone nuts but it's what he does afterwards (when he settles in) that I'm going to be really watching his performance.
On another note, given Linehans tendencies the seahags are expecting Linehan to get Zeke the ball early so you know they are lining 8 or 9 in the box to take our run game early. Would be great to see Linehan break ranks early and go to the air to open them up. If he does, Dak has to be accurate or could be a long day.

I think that is the wrong way to look at it. Why would you judge him based on one game? The line is injured and isn't playing well. They are going up against a very good Seattle team and D. Our coaching is NOT good.

This game certainly means something, but its not going to weight more than the last 3 years.

I have also not heard ANYONE say that Dak is the next coming. Those that like Dak simply think he is better than the petty trolls that say he sucks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't ask if he could improve enough to win with an O-line as great as he had in 2016. As you said, he'll probably never have a line that good again....but then, few QBs have ever had that luxury.

I asked if he could improve HIS game enough to be a perennial contender, which means can he do it without having nearly the best people surrounding him?

Not so simple, really. If it was, we wouldn't be debating whether or not to give him a big contract.

Why don't you give me some examples of QB's in todays game that are contenders WITHOUT great people around them.

Again, we already saw that in 2016. He had a great Oline and a great RB. He had virtually NOTHING else.

-Coaching and scheme were bad
-receivers were suspect at best
-Rookie, little experience
-average defense

So this NOTION that Dak had everything great around him in 2016 is just troll nonsense. If you give Dak NOTHING but a good RB then might as well kiss it all goodbye. NO QB is winning the SB that way.

So yah, its very simple. With Dak, we can at least analyze that at this time, he needs a good Oline. With the pocket presence and getting rid of the ball issues doesn't that seem obvious to you?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why don't you give me some examples of QB's in todays game that are contenders WITHOUT great people around them.

Again, we already saw that in 2016. He had a great Oline and a great RB. He had virtually NOTHING else.

-Coaching and scheme were bad
-receivers were suspect at best
-Rookie, little experience
-average defense

So this NOTION that Dak had everything great around him in 2016 is just troll nonsense. If you give Dak NOTHING but a good RB then might as well kiss it all goodbye. NO QB is winning the SB that way.

So yah, its very simple. With Dak, we can at least analyze that at this time, he needs a good Oline. With the pocket presence and getting rid of the ball issues doesn't that seem obvious to you?
Coaching and scheme were bad? Dez, Witten, and Beasley were "suspect at best"?

Wow, Dak must be a superhero to have gotten to the playoffs all on his own!

How many great players surround Wilson? Newton?

Extreme case, but Brady makes the players around him much better. Who does Dak make better?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coaching and scheme were bad? Dez, Witten, and Beasley were "suspect at best"?

Wow, Dak must be a superhero to have gotten to the playoffs all on his own!

How many great players surround Wilson? Newton?

Extreme case, but Brady makes the players around him much better. Who does Dak make better?

Witten isn't a receiver. But yah, he was good.

Dez, no he was done. Beasley is an average receiver at best. Good underneath guy. And then Williams. LOL

One of worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Newton didn't make the playoffs. Lost like 7 or last 8 games. Not a contender.

Wilson is a much better example but hardly a contender every year. last wild card spot hardly qualifies. But when Seattle WAS a contender and they won it, Wilson had GREAT players around him. I would gladly take Wilson, one of my favorite QB's.

Anyone else or is that it? Any TRUE contenders with QB's that DONT have great players around them?

And as far as Dak being a superhero? I think its an incredible job he did this year getting us to the playoffs. Not all on his own for sure, but it was an incredible show of leadership in that regard.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think that is the wrong way to look at it. Why would you judge him based on one game? The line is injured and isn't playing well. They are going up against a very good Seattle team and D. Our coaching is NOT good.

This game certainly means something, but its not going to weight more than the last 3 years.

I have also not heard ANYONE say that Dak is the next coming. Those that like Dak simply think he is better than the petty trolls that say he sucks.
I understand. I think there are outlandish and extreme Dak views on both sides of the isle. I shouldn't say this game is the end all be all for Dak and hopefully this will not be his last game of the season for us to judge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I understand. I think there are outlandish and extreme Dak views on both sides of the isle. I shouldn't say this game is the end all be all for Dak and hopefully this will not be his last game of the season for us to judge.

No doubt the trolls are chomping at the bit for a loss so they can rant all offseason long. If they don't get it this week, they will it the next.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I have shared a couple of videos on CZ. I am really surprised he does not have a bigger following on Youtube. He provides legit NFL insight on how an OC breaks down teams.

Too much jargon. Pitched at too high a level. Makes it difficult to extract much of the insight. I got little out of this other than he thinks that Dak has improved his footwork and anticipation the past few weeks. He seems to have a theory as to how the improvement was made. But after listening to him I’m not clear on what that theory is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This guy reviews Dak's progression and talks about what Dak was taught in college vs how Dak is playing now. He says Dak's improved his accuracy and anticipation. So much for accuracy and anticipation can't be improved non-sense.

Sounds like this guy knows Dak's offseason QB coach and talks about what they work on with Dak.

The guy doing the video is Cam Cameron who used to be the OC for the Chargers/Ravens/Dolphins/LSU. He knows his stuff as opposed to some random blogger NFL OC wannabe.

Great but lets hope he actually gets better at Vision and presnap reads, as he missed at least 5 , 3 to gallup and most recently the 2nd eagles game where Dak simply had his mind up to dump it to Zeke when Gallup on that same side cmes off the line and none went with him AT ALL that would have been an easy 50yard TD, EZ as they come.. Dak has to stop looking short then deep , DEEP to short should be his eye level...thats is weak spot now, he left so many points and yards this season sitting there..it still hurts to see Dak with no pressure and have wide open guy crossing his vision for HUGE play and dumps it down.. this has to be beat into him in the film room..

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Too much jargon. Pitched at too high a level. Makes it difficult to extract much of the insight. I got little out of this other than he thinks that Dak has improved his footwork and anticipation the past few weeks. He seems to have a theory as to how the improvement was made. But after listening to him I’m not clear on what that theory is.

I get a lot out of his videos. I subscribed to his channel very early in the season and watch many of his breakdowns.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I get a lot out of his videos. I subscribed to his channel very early in the season and watch many of his breakdowns.

You may well have more advanced technical knowledge of the game than I. Dude lost me a bunch of times. Started describing plays and fronts and formations using terminology I’ve never heard.

My guess is there are more people like me than like you, which accounts for his limited number of followers.