CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Well, that happens to actually be my profession for a bulge bracket bank... so, I think you're wrong considering I'm the #1 ranked associate at my firm in the US for the product I trade (which isn't equities)

Oh heck I trade too. Whatcha trade fam?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The issue isn't whether we liked the trade but whether we should have given a 1st round pick for him.
I still say no because I believe the Raiders would have given him up for less than a 1st round pick. I would even have gone with 2 2nds (2018, 2019).
But that's water under the bridge. He's here now and I'm glad he's producing.

Patrick

Reaction score
I was on board from the start, I just didn't know if the playcalling and QB could get him the ball enough.

But, Amari is a beauty for us. He is worth it. Money wise I know it sucks but he upgrades the team more than the first would in my opinion.
(at least where it will end up with Cooper in the lineup)

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I had my reservations after watching most of his games in Oakland on which version we would get. Seems to me we got the one with upside so far. So I voted yes. At the time I most likely would have said no.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Hell no. Not even close.

And I think Amari is a very good WR.

We're averaging 1PPG more with him and he's on pace for a 900yard season. When you have a QB problem, you don't trade first round picks.
Dak has played well the last 3-5 games. I actually think he is starting to gain his confidence with cooper on the field. Example is the strike to Cooper in the middle of the field on time when Cooper made his cut and cooper just turned around and completed a 90 yard TD. He has to get better on that go route with Gallup. That should've been a TD. The good thing is that he saw it this time. We need someone else to help Dak in the middle of the field when the pocket is tight.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak has played well the last 3-5 games. I actually think he is starting to gain his confidence with cooper on the field. Example is the strike to Cooper in the middle of the field on time when Cooper made his cut and cooper just turned around and completed a 90 yard TD. He has to get better on that go route with Gallup. That should've been a TD. The good thing is that he saw it this time. We need someone else to help Dak in the middle of the field when the pocket is tight.
He has not played well. He makes a few plays that make some of y'all forget the bad ones. He's played ok and if these were losses not wins I suspect more would think differently of his recent "play". He's played ok the last few games with some nice plays mixed in.

Romotil45

Reaction score
He plays like this the rest of the year and I'll change my vote.

I will too and eat crow publicly here on this site if they will throw one go route a game his way. If hes truly worth a 1st round pick he needs to be used as a vertical threat at least once a game that's all Im asking for. Throw the ball down the field to him please.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t like the idea initially at all. It appears that I may have been wrrrr.....wrrrrr......wrrrrrooo.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Well, that happens to actually be my profession for a bulge bracket bank... so, I think you're wrong considering I'm the #1 ranked associate at my firm in the US for the product I trade (which isn't equities)
I'm at THE bulge bracket myself. VP. Keep at it young buck.

mikeb18768

Reaction score
The issue isn't whether we liked the trade but whether we should have given a 1st round pick for him.
I still say no because I believe the Raiders would have given him up for less than a 1st round pick. I would even have gone with 2 2nds (2018, 2019).
But that's water under the bridge. He's here now and I'm glad he's producing.
But if the rumors about the Eagles offering a 2 round pick was true they did the right thing. One you could not let Coop and Carson be on the same team that would be very bad. two we answered one of our biggest needs in the draft. Coop will be here for a long time and will do great things

tyke1doe

Reaction score
But if the rumors about the Eagles offering a 2 round pick was true they did the right thing. One you could not let Coop and Carson be on the same team that would be very bad. two we answered one of our biggest needs in the draft. Coop will be here for a long time and will do great things

At the time, the Cowboys were worse off than the Eagles. So whose two would have been more valuable?
Having said that, nobody knows because we don't live in a world where we can see the fork in the road not taken.
I'm just sharing my belief. I could be wrong.
But it's water under the bridge now. I've accepted it, like I have any choice. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.