CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was just as much a this year deal as it was for the future. If they miss out on the division it becomes less attractive.

vlad

Reaction score
Wow, I'm very surprised by the vote...super interesting. I don't feel confident that Dak is the answer at QB, so I voted no. I hope to all hell I'm completely wrong though, and I do like the player.

I also am thinking about all the people we'd like to sign and losing 5 years of 1st round rookie contract seems like it will compromise that. Who might we lose over the next few seasons (or do we repeat the past mistakes of kicking the can down the road)?

There are several players there I'd like to resign, and Lawrence is up the year before. Beasley you might like to resign as well.
https://overthecap.com/free-agency/dallas-cowboys/#y2020

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I will not dignify this level of stupidity with a response.

1. You were the one that said the stupid comment
2. You gave a response

But I'll try to rectify this conversation by using more family friendly words I guess.

What makes it indefensible?
Cooper is the future, he's 24 years old. So I'll let you try to retract and reword your original statement on what you meant. I'll quote you so you know what you said

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We could use a TE right about now. Get that 2020 first rounder out of the closet and put it to use. There must be TE out there we can rent for 1.5 years.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
On second though Jerry knows what he is doing. Trading first round picks for WRs and giving them huge contracts has always worked in the past.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Like the player, still dont like losing the 1st. Think he couldve been had for a 2nd...with a lesser pick if another was needed.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have no issue bringing Cooper in, I just wish we would have offered a 2nd + another pick instead of a 1st.

I think we may regret not having a first to grab a QB with in the draft.
Exactly!! This team is now set for a young future rookie QB to have a great success! It will all be wasted if they give Dak a big contract!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I hated the use of the first round pick at the time. I would love the trade if it were a 2nd. That said, I am no longer upset at the trade. I really like Cooper and think he will be an asset to the team for many years. Give the man #88.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
But what if we drafted WR in the 1st for a guy who could develop into what Cooper already is?

WR was clearly our #1 need.

TE and S are now.
The problem I have with it is that it was a need the moment we cut Dez and the FO waited months before addressing it. Many of us knew the offense was going to be bad when that happened. So they waited until they were practically out of the race to address it and then had to overspend to get one. The only reason we still have a chance at the playoffs is because the division is so bad. The FO is never on top of things until they have to be.

Doomsay

Reaction score
He is more talented than I thought BUT it will hurt the Cowboys long term because it hides Daks issues more and helps Garret’s performance and tenure so it is terrible for the Cowboys long term helping Dak and Garret keep their jobs!
/thread
We had a slim chance of ridding ourselves of both, instead Jerry has essentially mortgaged the future for short-term life support.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying this, but even if we matched the Eagles offer at the time it seemed like the Eagles were playoff bound, and the Cowboys were a bottom half team.

And everyone keeps thinking they know what happened doing those trade talks but in reality no one on this board or any other working Joe has a clue. We are just privy to the end result.

Also the Eagles was at the bottom right with us when this trade happened. And did you take into consideration that if the same bid was on the table Gruden has history with the Eagles organization and owner. Not that it means anything but since we all know what happened doing the talks we might as well throw that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.