CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Now with a few weeks under our belt, and Cooper having proved himself in opening up the offense, plus with 3 wins in his 3 games here our draft pick is likely going to be later than those terrified we were going to be handing over a top 5 / 10 pick were fearing, do you now support the trade for Cooper?

Cooper is only worth a 1st round pick if you attack defenses with him vertically. Any receiver can catch slants, short crossing routes and screens. How many times has Dak thrown to Cooper vertically down the field ? How much success has he had doing so ? Cooper is only worth a decoy with Daks lack of arm talent. A decoy no one is buying. No, we should have used that #1 pick to trade up to get Herbert package multiple first round picks and go get him. But Jerrah doubled down on Dak. That was a huge mistake. Sure once we have our QB Cooper will be an asset but not before so there is hope once we do get him at least he will have a weapon. Please Please Jerrah do not extend Dak its not too late. Package multiple picks and go get him ! Once you Pay Dak our window with this defense and OL will close you cant pay Dak and everyone else too. The Seahawks held their defense together for what 2-3 years ? Dak is a great person a good leader God Bless him but he doesn't have the arm talent to lead us without an Elite defense Elite OL Elite RB that's too many Elites to pay after you pay Dak and all we will be left with is a bus driver with no defense. Go get Herbert before the window closes his arm will keep defenses honest and Cooper will become an asset. Choose not too and this will be a bad football team for a long time.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But what if we drafted WR in the 1st for a guy who could develop into what Cooper already is?

WR was clearly our #1 need.

TE and S are now.

Get them in free agency...

There isn't a WR in this draft worth a first round pick and WRs are overrated like RBs. Get a better defensive player or something. Also, he doesn't look as dynamic as people thought he'd be. Not sure why 75 yards is getting people so excited.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't think many of them will translate that well to the NFL.

Harry is the guy I like the most, and if we let Beezy go, I wouldn't mind grabbing him if he magically falls to the 2nd.

I think all of them can, depending on how they test. What makes you think that "many of them will not translate" to the NFL?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I just don't get how people fail to understand that we traded away a first round pick for a WR that we get for a season and a half. Heck even the season an a half isn't that cheap cause he was such a high draft pick. Oakland knew he was gone at the end of the year as a free agent and they would get nothing so they sign him way in advance to a 5th year option that they didn't even want and then trade him for a first round pick. If you look at it from Oakland's point of view they must feel as though they basically just stole a first round pick. An absolute masters class in front office negotiations. Not sure how you can then look at it from our point of view and possibly think that you are doing good.

And then to try to make the claim that it is a trade to help us now and in the future is completely asinine.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I just don't get how people fail to understand that we traded away a first round pick for a WR that we get for a season and a half.

Or Dallas could extend him, which I'm guessing was the plan when they gave up a first rounder.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well worth the 1st. Give him #88 next year and I am buying a jersey.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Cooper is only worth a 1st round pick if you attack defenses with him vertically. Any receiver can catch slants, short crossing routes and screens. How many times has Dak thrown to Cooper vertically down the field ? How much success has he had doing so ? Cooper is only worth a decoy with Daks lack of arm talent. A decoy no one is buying. No, we should have used that #1 pick to trade up to get Herbert package multiple first round picks and go get him. But Jerrah doubled down on Dak. That was a huge mistake. Sure once we have our QB Cooper will be an asset but not before so there is hope once we do get him at least he will have a weapon. Please Please Jerrah do not extend Dak its not too late. Package multiple picks and go get him ! Once you Pay Dak our window with this defense and OL will close you cant pay Dak and everyone else too. The Seahawks held their defense together for what 2-3 years ? Dak is a great person a good leader God Bless him but he doesn't have the arm talent to lead us without an Elite defense Elite OL Elite RB that's too many Elites to pay after you pay Dak and all we will be left with is a bus driver with no defense. Go get Herbert before the window closes his arm will keep defenses honest and Cooper will become an asset. Choose not too and this will be a bad football team for a long time.
See today's game haha

Great trade.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well, that happens to actually be my profession for a bulge bracket bank... so, I think you're wrong considering I'm the #1 ranked associate at my firm in the US for the product I trade (which isn't equities)
I think I'm right still and online people can say anything no offense.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think I'm right still and online people can say anything no offense.
True, but more than a few people on the boards know my real name and can verify easily via FINRA's broker registration site.

This team with Cooper v. without Cooper has been completely night and day.

We wouldn't have gotten a WR of his caliber in the 1st, and unless we got a marquee QB and went into full rebuild mode, we made the right decision..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
True, but more than a few people on the boards know my real name and can verify easily via FINRA's broker registration site.

This team with Cooper v. without Cooper has been completely night and day.

We wouldn't have gotten a WR of his caliber in the 1st, and unless we got a marquee QB and went into full rebuild mode, we made the right decision..
Cool you must be awesome with the insider trading j/k because I can't lie somebody that says what you said is too emotional IMO. For me things need to be shown over time not just too hype on a good day when that good day isn't the norm. Until today Coop was having Dez last year numbers and this game now doesn't mean F yeah trade is worth it period. Again that's too emotional for me. If he was to do this most games going forward or since he got here I'd be more with you but until today I wasn't seeing it besides them winning and winning makes people forget a lot of grievances they'd have otherwise.

I don't dislike Cooper either just think Dak isn't that good and was hoping he could be replaced.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Cool you must be awesome with the insider trading j/k because I can't lie somebody that says what you said is too emotional IMO. For me things need to be shown over time not just too hype on a good day when that good day isn't the norm. Until today Coop was having Dez last year numbers and this game now doesn't mean F yeah trade is worth it period. Again that's too emotional for me. If he was to do this most games going forward or since he got here I'd be more with you but until today I wasn't seeing it besides them winning and winning makes people forget a lot of grievances they'd have otherwise.

I don't dislike Cooper either just think Dak isn't that good and was hoping he could be replaced.
I don't think it's emotional, it's been a build-up. From day one, he opened up the running game for Zeke, now he is opening up the offense in its entirety.

Note that I supported and liked the trade from day 1. I don't particularly like this QB class and I doubt we would've been picking top 5 to grab a top QB regardless, and even if we were, I don't think Jerry would've thrown Dak away, Jason would've been the fall guy.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
It's been a good short term move. I think we might have gone 1-3 or 0-4 without Coop over our last 4.

You can still make the case the better long term move was to lose, get a high draft pick, and try to make a move at the QB position. You would also have an extra 14 million next year in FA to potentially address the WR position or others.

It's a credit to Cooper that this is even a discussion, but in no way is this move a slam dunk even with how he's played.

cern

Reaction score
liked it when we made the deal, like it more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.