CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Half of first round picks don't pan out. Cooper was a mostly known quantity at a position of need. The evidence of the wisdom speaks for itself. For those that complain about the QB situation: there's no surefire QB option next year, regardless of draft position. Dak's issues are mechanical, not between his ears. The former are fixable with good coaching.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Now with a few weeks under our belt, and Cooper having proved himself in opening up the offense, plus with 3 wins in his 3 games here our draft pick is likely going to be later than those terrified we were going to be handing over a top 5 / 10 pick were fearing, do you now support the trade for Cooper?

No. I like Cooper as a player, but I still think we paid dollars on the quarter for him. While the offense has performed better, Cooper himself hasn't shown a whole lot on the field. Yes, I know his routes and separation have been a vision we aren't used to, but it hasn't translated to output yet.

I think we will rue not having that pick and adding another young difference maker, on a rookie deal, to this defense when Richards takes it over next year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This point has been made many times but what people fail to mention is the Eagles screwed us by bidding a 2nd, maybe we could've worked it and made it a 2nd in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020, but we wanted the player, and we got it done..

At that point, our second had significantly more value than the Eagles did. They didn't screw us. They played it shrewd and Jerry threw money at it, so to speak

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I would have been against drafting a WR in the first as well.

WRs with Dak are a waste.

Give me an offensive tackle, safety, TE, or something that won’t be limited by our lack of ability to throw downfield.

I disagree.

Cooper has already taken a defender out of the box according to Zeke.

Cooper is excellent in the short area as well as being an intermediate and deep threat. His short area quickness relative to his size is off the charts.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I disagree.

Cooper has already taken a defender out of the box according to Zeke.

Cooper is excellent in the short area as well as being an intermediate and deep threat. His short area quickness relative to his size is off the charts.

Yeah the "WR dont matter with Dak" myth was disproved very quickly, cant believe some are still latching onto it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Still don’t like it. While I’m relieved that there is seemingly no chance he will be a Roy Williams like bust, for the salary and draft pick cost I’m going to need more of a Top 5 WR than the edge top 10 guy that Cooper is.

Didn't Roy Williams have a great first year?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Only about the price paid but as we know sometimes that's just the price of doing business in the NFL. I'm more concerned over the support that Jason Garrett and Dak Prescott receive. I am more comfortable in Coopers ability to do his job than they doing theirs.

staubach24

Reaction score
I think the main purpose of acquiring Amari was to take a man out of the box and make things easier for Zeke, and if the last two games are any indication, mission accomplished.

conner01

Reaction score
And I would have been against drafting a WR in the first as well.

WRs with Dak are a waste.

Give me an offensive tackle, safety, TE, or something that won’t be limited by our lack of ability to throw downfield.
This is not a great WR but it does have some Dline guys we could really use

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah the "WR dont matter with Dak" myth was disproved very quickly, cant believe some are still latching onto it.

How do you figure that's been proven wrong? Did I miss the game where Dak suddenly stopped standing like a statue, or pump faking, or rolling into sacks, or showing complete lack of anticipation? It's not like he's suddenly turned the proverbial corner and it lighting it up. The offense as a whole has performed much better, but Dak himself has still been pretty shaky.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I will make this point again - in 2016, Dak Prescott was the Mahomes of the league, with just as much hype and love being thrown at him.

Let's see where Mahomes is in 2 years....
Ha! Without Andy Reid? ,,,he's STILL 42 LAPS AHEAD of the GARRETT & CO. OUR #4 is SADDLED WITH,,, WHERE EVER HE ( theoretically) landed & played for
o_O:star:o_O

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Roy Williams have a great first year?
Not really.

19 for 198.

He never had more than 38 catches in a season with the Cowboys. That's T-Will numbers.

Side Note: If anybody wonders why Roy WR Williams failed, just observing him practice was all it took for me to understand it. He was a complete goof off and made no effort to catch passes that did not land in his hands.

MartyB gave more effort that Roy.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How do you figure that's been proven wrong? Did I miss the game where Dak suddenly stopped standing like a statue, or pump faking, or rolling into sacks, or showing complete lack of anticipation? It's not like he's suddenly turned the proverbial corner and it lighting it up. The offense as a whole has performed much better, but Dak himself has still been pretty shaky.

There you go man.

He's a WR and making an obvious difference. Therefor it was disproven very quickly that they dont matter.

lockster

Reaction score
Now with a few weeks under our belt, and Cooper having proved himself in opening up the offense, plus with 3 wins in his 3 games here our draft pick is likely going to be later than those terrified we were going to be handing over a top 5 / 10 pick were fearing, do you now support the trade for Cooper?
As long as our qb sucks we still suck. The ideal is to win a super bowl, not just a winning record. We need a qb!!!!! Bad bad trade.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There you go man.

He's a WR and making an obvious difference. Therefor it was disproven very quickly that they dont matter.

I'm guessing you mean that they do* matter and I agree. I thought you were making the case that Dak's issues were solved by having a good WR, when that clearly has not been the case. If that's not what you meant, or you're just walking it back now, then nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.