CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Cooper is going to be good for the current QB or any QB we have in the future.

That said, the high pick and the fact that he has us over a barrel for an extension (if we don't want to lose the pick for nothing) is concerning.

I'll hold of on blessing this trade until I see the contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Initially I was against it. But that's because I bought into what the "media" and CZ "experts" were saying. They all failed to mention how great of a route runner Cooper is. He and Dak still have some ways to go but one thing that's happening is that them getting to know each other isn't resulting in turnovers or pick 6's. Its resulting in first downs and I'll take that. He won't come in and have a huge impact like fantasy players want but it will come.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper is going to be good for the current QB or any QB we have in the future.

That said, the high pick and the fact that he has us over a barrel for an extension (if we don't want to lose the pick for nothing) is concerning.

I'll hold of on blessing this trade until I see the contract.
Well if they wanted to give Watkins 16 million then I have no problem with giving Cooper similar.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
And that brilliance fades quickly if we don't win a playoff game and Cooper bolts after next season. You just don't pay a 1st for a 1 1/2 yr rental if you're not knocking on the super bowl's door.

I disagree slightly. If Cooper bolts, the trade is a disaster, but I find that highly unlikely. He’s gonna get a deal from us. If we make the playoffs and lose I still think it’s a good trade. Any pick after 20 is worth giving up for a 24 year old #1 receiver. And Cooper looks like a #1.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Now with a few weeks under our belt, and Cooper having proved himself in opening up the offense, plus with 3 wins in his 3 games here our draft pick is likely going to be later than those terrified we were going to be handing over a top 5 / 10 pick were fearing, do you now support the trade for Cooper?
two wins and a loss......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let me ask you guys something......before the trade was made 3 weeks ago when we came off that Commanders lost didn't we all consider this season lost? Especially having to play Atlanta at home and Philly at home? The trade is already paying dividends....they are coming off two road wins when they couldn't beat ANYONE on the road. Trade is already proving its worth whether people want to admit it or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let me ask you guys something......before the trade was made 3 weeks ago when we came off that Commanders lost didn't we all consider this season lost? Especially having to play Atlanta at home and Philly at home? The trade is already paying dividends....they are coming off two road wins when they couldn't beat ANYONE on the road. Trade is already proving its worth whether people want to admit it or not.

I think it is making a difference but more importantly I think the difference will become even bigger as they continue to develop a chemistry with each other. Cooper has played 3 games with Dak that is not a lot of time.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I have no issue bringing Cooper in, I just wish we would have offered a 2nd + another pick instead of a 1st.

I think we may regret not having a first to grab a QB with in the draft.
Thunder, just never forget where Brady and Rodgers were taken.... picking a QB in the 1st guarantees NOTHING. In fact I believe I read some where, most of the top QB's to play or have played in the league, came in later rounds, NOT in the 1st.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Have you not seen the offense? It's like you dont even watch the games.
The offense is terrible. We average the same amount of points and yards we did last year.

The biggest improvement is the OL is performing a lot better now that Alexander was served them papers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it is making a difference but more importantly I think the difference will become even bigger as they continue to develop a chemistry with each other. Cooper has played 3 games with Dak that is not a lot of time.
Yep I agree. ITs actually been better than I expected. Has anyone seen Carson Wentz and Golden Tate? They aren't getting anything out of him which is to be expected. No point in trading for the one year rentals. It just takes too long to develop chemistry. I think the best is yet to come and Cooper seems to have a great IQ.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The offense is terrible. We average the same amount of points and yards we did last year.

The biggest improvement is the OL is performing a lot better now that Alexander was served them papers
Guess you need to read up too. Here you go http://amp.star-telegram.com/sports...ticle221944725.html?__twitter_impression=true

Our offense wasnt terrible last year!?!? Lmao. It was 14th in points scored and 14th in yards gained. And we're actuallt averaging more yards per game with Cooper than we averaged last year. Yoire better than that.

Not according to the players and coaches, Cooper is the difference.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I do since I do not trust this offensive staff too develop a young receiver

kskboys

Reaction score
Thunder, just never forget where Brady and Rodgers were taken.... picking a QB in the 1st guarantees NOTHING. In fact I believe I read some where, most of the top QB's to play or have played in the league, came in later rounds, NOT in the 1st.
It's the opposite. Most top QB's were 1st round picks. Brady, Montana, Brees, those are the exceptions.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Rodgers was taken in the 1st round...?

But yes, as @ksk explained it's the exact opposite. There are outliers not taken in the 1st sometimes but it's 90%+ in the 1st. Mahomes, Goff, Rivers, Big Ben, Rodgers, Wentz, Trubisky, Eli, Smith, Mayfield, Ryan, Cam, Stafford, Mariota, Watson, and Luck all were 1st rounders.

kskboys

Reaction score

But yes, as @ksk explained it's the exact opposite. There are outliers not taken in the 1st sometimes but it's 90%+ in the 1st. Mahomes, Goff, Rivers, Big Ben, Rodgers, Wentz, Trubisky, Eli, Smith, Mayfield, Ryan, Cam, Stafford, Mariota, Watson, and Luck all were 1st rounders.
Ooops, I missed that!!!!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's possible. But you don't know one way or the other. Maybe we should wait and see. Do you think the team didn't realize the score when they traded for him.

He will get extended at the end of this season, most likely.

Do I think this largely mismanaged team didn't realize the score? No, I'm confident they didn't.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Not really. If the team still fails after adding Cooper I am pretty sure management WILL NOT be happy. I wouldn't be. I think of the cooper addition a little different. I look at it as a referendum and mandate on the current staff. They'd better win, they have no more excuses. There is NO WAY the front office would've gone Defense with the #1 pick in 2019 given the failures of the offense this season. You are kidding yourself. You might be thinking logically but unfortunately pretty illlogical people own the Cowboys. You know I'm right....
The thing is this team is good enough to win the division with addition of Cooper. So what. All it means is we're going to get blown out by either the Rams or the saints while it affords another year to Garrett and the gang. Whoopdeedoo! And I firmly believe that our first pick this year would have gone to the bpa (most likely a defensive player the way things are stacking up right now). Our problem isn't draft picks (our FO''s actually been pretty good in that department), it's our coaching. Ask yourself this...would you rather have Cooper or potentially Oliver (who compares favorably to donald)?

silvrNblue

Reaction score

Then I stand corrected...but I still say it's 50/50. I'll go research the number of 1st rnders vs the others that have actually done anything in the league and won more then a bunch of meaningless season games... meaning who took their teams to Sb's...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Then I stand corrected...but I still say it's 50/50. I'll go research the number of 1st rnders vs the others that have actually done anything in the league and won more then a bunch of meaningless season games... meaning who took their teams to Sb's...
There's definitely some tiers between not having done anything in the league and getting your team the SB.

But you'll notice in your research the majority of good QBs were from 1st round. Most of the people I listed have already done stuff in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.