CZ POLL Revisiting: Do you support the Cooper trade?

Do you like the trade for Cooper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Guess you need to read up too. Here you go http://amp.star-telegram.com/sports...ticle221944725.html?__twitter_impression=true

Our offense wasnt terrible last year!?!? Lmao. It was 14th in points scored and 14th in yards gained. And we're actuallt averaging more yards per game with Cooper than we averaged last year. Yoire better than that.

Not according to the players and coaches, Cooper is the difference.
Yes terrible. Same offense that could barely score against Phillys 3rd stringers. The same offense that produced less than 200 yards per game thru the air.

And of course the players and coaches will hype up the new weapon. What are they supposed to say? That he makes absolutely no difference?

You guys are sick in the head

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes terrible. Same offense that could barely score against Phillys 3rd stringers. The same offense that produced less than 200 yards per game thru the air.

And of course the players and coaches will hype up the new weapon. What are they supposed to say? That he makes absolutely no difference?

You guys are sick in the head

You have absolutely no idea what terrible is then.

Cherry picking two things that dispute something that is indisputable is stupid. Being 14th in points for and yards gained is not "Terrible", it's actually above average. Claiming the opposite is just siilly.

No they would give credit to the coaching change as much as they do the acquisition. Which they arent. This isnt hard Willie.

This is a losing battle on your part. You were wrong about the offense last year, and are clinging on to your initial statement. Just let it go. We all mess up sometimes.

kskboys

Reaction score

Cherry picking two things that dispute something that is indisputable is stupid. Being 14th in points for and yards gained is not "Terrible", it's actually above average. Claiming the opposite is just siilly.

No they would give credit to the coaching change as much as they do the acquisition. Which they arent. This isnt hard Willie.

This is a losing battle on your part. You were wrong about the offense last year, and are clinging on to your initial statement. Just let it go. We all mess up sometimes.
Yeah, while our O isn't topnotch, it isn't terrible.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah, while our O isn't topnotch, it isn't terrible.

Exactly. I think the O earlier this year could be argued as being terrible. Last year, there isnt a single thing that supprts that. It was underwhelming given the talent, but some of that was due to injuries and suspensions..... and a lot more due to Linehan.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
There's definitely some tiers between not having done anything in the league and getting your team the SB.

But you'll notice in your research the majority of good QBs were from 1st round. Most of the people I listed have already done stuff in the league.
Well, what got was an even split..going back to the Unitas days...15 later rnd QB's, and about that same for 1st picks, with quite a few 1st rnders being listed as BUST...I still think, we have a diamond in the rough with Dak, a lot of peeps don't like him and that's fine, but when JJ signs him long term, he is NOT going to cost us the farm, cattle, breeding stock and all our chickens to keep...a lot of those teams with the young studs, are going to be paying a premium to keep them come signing time. WE can win with Dak, and I will say it again, a lot of what is wrong with him this year is due to piss poor coaching. Not saying he doesn't have his limitations.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Its clear you have very low expectations, being that:

1. You blindly support this QB

2. You are beating your chest that the offense was ranked top 20 in ppg. Here are the facts. In the last 8 games of 2017, the Dallas Cowboys averaged 16 points per game. Terrible. They set a franchise record going more than 10 quarters without scoring a touchdown. Terrible. Over those 8 games, Dak averaged 188 yrds passing and had 6 passing touchdowns. Terrible.

3. The offense was bad to the point the front office felt the need to replace, the qb coach, the te coach, The OL coach, and the WR coach. You dont do that unless you are having significant problems on offense.

Then there was this:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/co...rst-round-pick-impact-bye-week-questions/amp/

They made the trade because the sucky offense that we had the majority of 2017, carried over to this season.

We can do this all day. Its embarassing you are puffing your chest out because our offense isnt “the shortest midget in the room”....

cern

Reaction score
based on what I've seen of him so far, I like the deal. calvin ridley was a first rounder last year and in the atlanta game he did virtually nothing while cooper made some clutch catches. not his fault his number was called so few times, but when zeke is running like he did against the falcons, it's hard to take the ball away from him. against philly cooper has a stellar performance.

jsb357

Reaction score
with Garrett still around it's a temporary fix to a permanent problem.

on the above comment, substitute JJ for Garrett if you wish.

the result will essentially be the same

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Cooper. Not sure he will do much with Dak at the helm. Now people will still blame linehan or garret for dak missing targets or not seeing open receivers etc.

Verdict

Reaction score
The thing is this team is good enough to win the division with addition of Cooper. So what. All it means is we're going to get blown out by either the Rams or the saints while it affords another year to Garrett and the gang. Whoopdeedoo! And I firmly believe that our first pick this year would have gone to the bpa (most likely a defensive player the way things are stacking up right now). Our problem isn't draft picks (our FO''s actually been pretty good in that department), it's our coaching. Ask yourself this...would you rather have Cooper or potentially Oliver (who compares favorably to donald)?

I'm sorry but that is a complete losers mentality.

links18

Reaction score
Its moves like these that will keep us locked in 8-8 mediocrity for years to come. Cooper isn't a bad player, but he wasn't worth a first and we still don't have a real QB.

Hardline

Reaction score
As of right now we would've had the 17th pick in the first round if not traded.
Ask yourself if Cooper was worth the 17th overall pick.
And I'm sure that will move up into the 20s as the season progresses.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Its clear you have very low expectations, being that:

1. You blindly support this QB

2. You are beating your chest that the offense was ranked top 20 in ppg. Here are the facts. In the last 8 games of 2017, the Dallas Cowboys averaged 16 points per game. Terrible. They set a franchise record going more than 10 quarters without scoring a touchdown. Terrible. Over those 8 games, Dak averaged 188 yrds passing and had 6 passing touchdowns. Terrible.

3. The offense was bad to the point the front office felt the need to replace, the qb coach, the te coach, The OL coach, and the WR coach. You dont do that unless you are having significant problems on offense.

Then there was this:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/co...rst-round-pick-impact-bye-week-questions/amp/

They made the trade because the sucky offense that we had the majority of 2017, carried over to this season.

We can do this all day. Its embarassing you are puffing your chest out because our offense isnt “the shortest midget in the room”....

The backtracking with you is very funny.

Your first claim being "the 2017 offense was terrible", now beating your chest and only giving out stats of from the 2nd half when our offense was injured and suspended.

Answer the question, and it's very simple: is it correct that a team who was 14th in ppg and ypg was "terrible" like you initially claimed.

If so. You used Cooper's games stats compared to 2017's total stats, not just the last half. Saying we are on par with 2017 totals.

WHY THE PIVOT WILLIE? WAS IT BECAUSE YOU WERE WRONG?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Dallas needed this type of receiver. Waiting until the draft would have meant using a first, and still going through the rookie season. So any solid receiver play would have been midway through next season if history proves to be correct. Look at Ridley. So far he has 532 yards. But he also has Julio Jones taking the heat off him.

So to sum up, Dallas would have spent a first round pick, and everyone would have complained about spending that as if the draft picks and money were coming out of your pocket.

They got a truly solid #1 receiver, and he made a couple of outstanding catches in the Atlanta game.

And to those who complain about giving a 1 and not a 2. You would have been singing the same tune if they gave a 2 for this guy. Even though most will deny it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then I stand corrected...but I still say it's 50/50. I'll go research the number of 1st rnders vs the others that have actually done anything in the league and won more then a bunch of meaningless season games... meaning who took their teams to Sb's...
It's not.

If you're looking at super bowl QB's, they're all 1st rounders aside from Brady. Wilson.

Recent super bowls: Flacco, Eli, Rothy, PManning, Rodgers, Cam, Ryan, and you could argue that Wentz got his team in position, I guess.

Later round picks who have taken their teams to super bowls: Brady, Wilson, Brees, Kapernick.

morat1959

Reaction score
I voted no but need to clarify. A second round pick and I’m scratching my head but ok with it. A third and it was a steal! A first and just another brain fart move but an incompetent front office!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The backtracking with you is very funny.

Your first claim being "the 2017 offense was terrible", now beating your chest and only giving out stats of from the 2nd half when our offense was injured and suspended.

Answer the question, and it's very simple: is it correct that a team who was 14th in ppg and ypg was "terrible" like you initially claimed.

If so. You used Cooper's games stats compared to 2017's total stats, not just the last half. Saying we are on par with 2017 totals.

WHY THE PIVOT WILLIE? WAS IT BECAUSE YOU WERE WRONG?
The offense was terribe plain and simple. I dont know how to say it so you can understand.

you would have to be a fool to think that offense was average. Whether it was injuries or suspensions, the offense sucked, period

Status
Not open for further replies.