Revisting the Wentz vs Dak debate

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don't think it should be difficult to admit that Wentz has a stronger arm which allows for passes to zip through the air at a faster rate. Theoretically that should help a quarterback, which is why the few guys with his kind of arm are top picks.

There are also hundreds of quarterbacks with such arms sitting in the NFL trash bin. So it's far from a guarantee that it will lead to any success.

At this point, the strengths Dak has shown on an NFL field, frankly, far outweigh Wentz's, which has primarily been his golden arm. But we'd be foolish to pretend the race is over after 11 games in their respective careers.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Wentz can make throws that Prescott can not (or has yet to show)

Wentz has more athletic ability

Wentz is a more accurate thrower (before you point out completion %, is Kirk cousins more accurate than Romo?)

I would have to disagree. Wentz has been throwing balls less than 10 yards, a lot.

DP has shown he can throw the deep ball when the opportunity presents itself. He just doesn't force it.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

Wentz is a more accurate thrower (before you point out completion %, is Kirk cousins more accurate than Romo?)
What throws?

More athletic, how?

Not sure how you can remotely come up with Wentz being more accurate. The guy has a lower completion % while not even throwing nearly as far down field as Dak's throws averages.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Again give facts on what throws other than the deep ball Weintz is better at? Athletic ability is genetics, not talent. Dak has shown he is very athletic. So I don't know how you can define Weintz is much better in that area in terms of running or ability to avoid the pass rush. Deep ball yes, I've said a million times Weintz has a stronger arm.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What throws?

More athletic, how?

Not sure how you can remotely come up with Wentz being more accurate. The guy has a lower completion % while not even throwing nearly as far down field as Dak's throws averages.
Cmon man. Have you seen Wentz play?

Dak has trouble with backshoulder throws and fade routes. Are we going to pretend he doesnt?

He's more athletic because just about every metric they use to judge athleticism, Wentz is superior.

So not completion % is the final determining factor when it comes to accuracy? Is Kirk Cousins more accurate than romo? Completion % says so. Troy Aikman was probably the most accurate QB of all time and he had a 61% completion %.

Btw, I clearly said Id rather Dak over Wentz.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Wentz is more talented and might be the better qb when its all said done, but at the end of the day Id rather have Dak+Zeke instead of just Wentz

This is what most people forget. If we trade up for Wentz there is no Zeke on this team. Who knows, Zeke could be playing for the Giants right now. Think about it for a moment.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Dak has trouble with backshoulder throws and fade routes. Are we going to pretend he doesnt?

He's more athletic because just about every metric they use to judge athleticism, Wentz is superior.

So not completion % is the final determining factor when it comes to accuracy? Is Kirk Cousins more accurate than romo? Completion % says so. Troy Aikman was probably the most accurate QB of all time and he had a 61% completion %.

So Weintz hasn't never missed on a backshoulder throw or fade route?

SDCowboy

Reaction score

Yes I've seen him play.

Gym shorts numbers are irrelevant once the players see NFL game time.

And yes, completion % is the biggest determining factor. As for Aikman, he played in a completely different era, so it's not comparable.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No, it's not both. Talent is defined solely by results or success. And how would one come to the conclusion that Zeke is already better than Emmitt?
See thats the problem with your thinking. No one is saying "better".

Do you know how many talented players that flamed out in the league? Is Randy Gregory more talented than a Jack Crawford or a Benson Mayowa?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yes I've seen him play.

Gym shorts numbers are irrelevant once the players see an NFL field.

And yes, completion % is the biggest determining factor. As for Aikman, he played in a completely different era, so it's not comparable.
Aikman had a season where he completed 69% of his passes, so yes it is comparible. And I like how you dodged my question regarding Romo vs Cousins.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score

Do you know how many talented players that flamed out in the league? Is Randy Gregory more talented than a Jack Crawford or a Benson Mayowa?

Stop answering questions with questions. It shows you don't have a leg to stand on.

Back to the original question(s)

-define talent
-how is wentz more talented
-what throws are you referring to and how is he more athletic

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes I've seen him play.

Gym shorts numbers are irrelevant once the players see NFL game time.

Aikman played in an era where defensive rules weren't changed as now in the modern game.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

You're missing the point man. So far, in actual NFL action, Dak has proven to be better in every aspect of the game. He has been more accurate, SHOWN infinitely more athleticism, and his passes average far longer than Wentz's.

The Wentz gym short measurables and could-be's are completely irrelevant now that both players have started, in actual league action, for almost a season now.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
If you watched Wentz play yesterday it's obvious he struggles badly with accuracy. Dak is more accurate and just as atheltic if not more athletic than Wentz. This argument is stupid. Dak is a better athlete, better passer and better leader. Simple as that and facts back it up