Revisting the Wentz vs Dak debate

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Again give facts on what throws other than the deep ball Weintz is better at? Athletic ability is genetics, not talent. Dak has shown he is very athletic. So I don't know how you can define Weintz is much better in that area in terms of running or ability to avoid the pass rush. Deep ball yes, I've said a million times Weintz has a stronger arm.
Dak is 10 times smarter. That's how you win in this league, with brains. So Wentz can have all the talent in the world, but without smarts, he's just a walking nobody. Very few QBs actually have the super high-IQ needed to be elite in this league.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You are taking a beating in this thread so I don't want to pile on.
But...I have watched all of Prescotts games and almost all of Wentzs games and I am yet to see a throw that Wentz can make that Dak cannot... Can you describe this throw maybe?
I will say that Wentz looks faster running but Dak has a stiff arm that makes him the Daddy. Also Dak has proven to be a TD machine running the ball.

You see it's what's beneath the ears that matters the most in the NFL and this is where Dak has a huge advantage over almost any QB that I've seen as a rookie. The guy has decision making ability that is just on another level.

I believe Wentz will be good. I think he wants to learn and improve...but right now I see a young QB who seems to feel the pressure of the game to the point where he is firing balls around without the touch Dak has shown on his balls.
Taking a beating? Because some posters cant look past the color of the jersey and make a fair evaluation?

These posters are in here basically saying "omg the stats arent close, Dak is way better!", but not considering the team/coaching discrepancy. Wentz numbers would be much better here and daks would be worse in Philly, so stats shouldnt even brought up.

Watch this video and tell me you arent impressed with a lot of these throws with a straight face. Look at that pass he made vs the Lions on the sideline to Matthews.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No youre missing the point :facepalm:

Dak has the best OL in the league as well as the best RB. Of course his numbers will be better. I dont think anyone on Phillys entire offense would start here. Are we going to pretend that doesnt matter?

Look at Romos numbers when he had those things in 2014 compared to his other seasons :facepalm:
Did that help Dak the other day? He was running for his life playing against Washington. That's the difference between just a talented QB, and a smart QB with talent.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Did that help Dak the other day? He was running for his life playing against Washington. That's the difference between just a talented QB, and a smart QB with talent.
Clove, I love Dak and clearly said I would rather him than Wentz. My point is posters are in here comparing stats as if the situations are remotely the same.

Theres posters in here saying talent is measured by accomplishment only and not physical ability :facepalm:

willia451

Reaction score
Might not be Wentz. Might just be the team he is on.

They suck. Chip Kelly took care of that.

Dak is a good QB. No doubt. But look at the offense that fell to him out of the sky.

The OL. Witten. Dez. Beas. Not to mention Zeke. You couldn't have a better situation for a rookie QB to have success.

And I mean that literally. You could not have a better situation for a rookie QB to have success.

You know. There is an old debate. Had Troy Aikman been drafted by the Detroit Lions, would he be in the Hall of Fame right now with 3 SB rings? The answer? We'll never know. But........I'm glad we will never know. LOL!!!

Go Dak!!!! Eat!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen, there are some that don't appreciate your work. I do, though. :laugh:

I would honestly trade Prescott for Wentz. Without any hesitation.

You better hope he spends his career handing off to bums like Ryan Matthews and throwing to stiffs like Nelson Agholor and DGB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I like Dak. I wouldn't trade Dak for Wentz at this point.

But this really is a fairly unfair comparison at this point.

Dak wouldn't be dominating if his starting WRs were Dorial Green-Beckham, Bryce Treggs and Jordan Matthews and he'd be handing the ball off to Wendel Smallwood.
I'm not so sure. Remember he took the equivalent of the Phillies receiving core (in Mississippi State's receiving core) and took them to the #1 team in the country.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how quickly the iceberg is melting under the Wentz argument. I keep asking, and nobody has answered yet, why it is his performance is getting worse as the season progresses with the same weapons and the same protection around him whereas Dak's consistently played at a high level or gotten better the more tape there is on him and the Cowboys with the same great protection and the same weapons he started with?

The answer is that one of the QBs is adapting to the NFL faster than the other is. And it's an open question whether the latter is going to be able to adapt sufficiently at all. I don't think it's a gimme by any stretch to assume the light is going to go on for Carsus next season or to assume Pederson is capable of improving the talent around him in the first place. All was know is all we know and that's that Dak's delivering so far where 'Carsus' has not. Believing anything else is cheering against laundry in order to appear edgy.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is 10 times smarter. That's how you win in this league, with brains. So Wentz can have all the talent in the world, but without smarts, he's just a walking nobody. Very few QBs actually have the super high-IQ needed to be elite in this league.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Wentz is one of the most cerebral QBs you'll ever find. The dude came from North Dakota had basically no camp or preseason and performed week 1 as a rookie in the NFL. With a stiff supporting cast. You don't do that without being highly intelligent.

This is why fans get a bad name.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dak. I wouldn't trade Dak for Wentz at this point.

But this really is a fairly unfair comparison at this point.

Dak wouldn't be dominating if his starting WRs were Dorial Green-Beckham, Bryce Treggs and Jordan Matthews and he'd be handing the ball off to Wendel Smallwood.

Exactly right.

Well, except for your personnel mistake at the start.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I love how quickly the iceberg is melting under the Wentz argument. I keep asking, and nobody has answered yet, why it is his performance is getting worse as the season progresses with the same weapons and the same protection around him whereas Dak's consistently played at a high level or gotten better the more tape there is on him and the Cowboys with the same great protection and the same weapons he started with.

The answer is that one of the QBs is adapting to the NFL faster than the other is. And it's an open question whether the latter is going to be able to adapt sufficiently at all. I don't think it's a gimme by any stretch to assume the light is going to go on for Carsus next season or to assume Pederson is capable of improving the talent around him in the first place. All was know is all we know and that's that Dak's delivering so far where 'Carsus' has not. Believing anything else is cheering against laundry in order to appear edgy.
Perfectly said. If one wants to use team talent as the barometer, then Wentz's production should remain steady or get slightly better as he gets better. Instead, his production has gotten steadily worse as the season goes on.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I would honestly trade Prescott for Wentz. Without any hesitation.

You better hope he spends his career handing off to bums like Ryan Matthews and throwing to stiffs like Nelson Agholor and DGB.
Hey, that's cool man. I just enjoy the added touches. :laugh:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
4-651b.gif

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You have no clue what you're talking about. Wentz is one of the most cerebral QBs you'll ever find. The dude came from North Dakota had basically no camp or preseason and performed week 1 as a rookie in the NFL. With a stiff supporting cast. You don't do that without being highly intelligent.

This is why fans get a bad name.
You're just a tad bit above special needs my friend. Dak took a sorry team to #1 in the Country. And Wentz can't win with Philly's defense.

Proximo

Reaction score
At this point, the only way you can conclude that Wentz is a better pro QB than Dak is if you really really really use your imagination.

You have to imagine how much better Wentz would be performing if he had a better supporting cast on offense.

You have to imagine how poorly Dak would be performing if he wasn't surrounded by such a good offense.

You have to imagine that the Philly WR's and TE's are 100% completely incapable of gaining separation from defenders, as this justifies Wentz's dinking and dunking.

You have to imagine that the Cowboys' 2015 season never happened, that way we can say any QB could perform well in this offense, thus negating Dak's stellar performance.

You have to imagine that Philly's coaching staff is for whatever illogical reason not allowing Wentz to unleash that cannon of an arm on opposing defenses, because we all know he has such as amazing arm. Even though we haven't seen it yet.

So you see, all of us who haven't adopted the Wentz fetish yet, just need to work on using our imagination. Our problem is that we're stuck in reality, where, Dak has performed better in every possible way.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I love how quickly the iceberg is melting under the Wentz argument. I keep asking, and nobody has answered yet, why it is his performance is getting worse as the season progresses with the same weapons and the same protection around him whereas Dak's consistently played at a high level or gotten better the more tape there is on him and the Cowboys with the same great protection and the same weapons he started with.

I've asked several times already with no response. not surprising.