Twitter: RGIII on the Cowboys return for Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Talk about a clown take. lol

Cutting down Aikman because of the other assets the team had is pure, agenda driven hogwash.

Later Romo likely QB's those teams to A SB but no way in hell 4th year Romo does.

Dak doesn't even sniff a SB, even with all the weapons. His lack of confidence alone would have prevented it, not to mention a few other reasons.

Aikman contributed to the success of that HOF receiver and all time best RB just as much as they did to his success. Not to mention it's remarkable he even survived the first couple years of his career before that OL became the greatest. His willingness to stand in there to make the throw but take the hit was remarkable and contributed to the rep of the o-line just as much as that eventually great o-line contributed to his. Didn't Aikman say he has trouble even remembering the first SB because he got his bell rung so hard against the 49's?

Remember the beatings he took? The 11 sack game against the Eagles? It took Dak how many games to recover from getting sacked 6 times in a completely different era, where QB's are much much more protected by the rules?

Dude, you should be embarrassed.
Anytime you see someone hate on Aikman and try to discredit his contributions to winning their opinions on anything after should become irrelevant to you.

Those people are the real trolls here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So in your opinion Ruch throws the ball better than Dak? Again dont like Dak thats fine but trying to sell Rush as the answer is ridiculous.
I don't think he throws a worse ball that Dak. It's not like Dak is known for having this great arm. Literally nobody thinks that about him.

That's the issue here. There's not enough of a difference.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't think he throws a worse ball that Dak. It's not like Dak is known for having this great arm. Literally nobody thinks that about him.

That's the issue here. There's not enough of a difference.

If you watched the throws Rush was making and think they have the same arm you need to step away for a second as this whole Dak thing you wrap yourself in is ruining your eyes..again Rush can not throw a 10 yard out..I hope he plays his best while filling in because I want the Cowboys to win, and by some miracle we can get an elite QB i would welcome it in a heartbeat..but thinking Rush is as good a QB is not living by your "Be for the team code" at all its letting a 3 year long argument you have on this board cloud your judgement. If and when Dak comes back healthy he is by alot the better option for the team with the Current QB's we have anyone who cant admit/see that is kidding themselves.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you watched the throws Rush was making and think they have the same arm you need to step away for a second as this whole Dak thing you wrap yourself in is ruining your eyes..again Rush can not throw a 10 yard out..I hope he plays his best while filling in because I want the Cowboys to win, and by some miracle we can get an elite QB i would welcome it in a heartbeat..but thinking Rush is as good a QB is not living by your "Be for the team code" at all its letting a 3 year long argument you have on this board cloud your judgement. If and when Dak comes back healthy he is by alot the better option for the team with the Current QB's we have anyone who cant admit/see that is kidding themselves.
The best option for this team is who can lead this team to wins.

I don't care about who throws the nicer ball.

Who makes the better reads? Who makes the better decisions? Who gets the job done? Who makes the smarter throws, not the prettier ones?

If that's Dak then fine, but if we win Monday and then Dak comes out plays bad and we lose then what? Are we better off losing with Dak?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The best option for this team is who can lead this team to wins.

I don't care about who throws the nicer ball.

Who makes the better reads? Who makes the better decisions? Who gets the job done? Who makes the smarter throws, not the prettier ones?

If that's Dak then fine, but if we win Monday and then Dak comes out plays bad and we lose then what? Are we better off losing with Dak?

No, but once again if we are doing things with tunnel vision do you think Rush wins the game against the Buccs if not one thing changes other than who is making the exact same throws? The thing to me is I dont care about the cap hit because its already done for the year...so if you have a game plan that better suits the whole team you have and a better QB to run it..I want to see it.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Too bad the organization is dead set on "proving" Dak is elite and capable of shouldering this team to a Super Bowl.

You will see more 40+ pass games when Dak comes back, and you'll have no choice in the matter.
Name some that have shouldered their team. I don't think that's what is happening.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No, but once again if we are doing things with tunnel vision do you think Rush wins the game against the Buccs if not one thing changes other than who is making the exact same throws? The thing to me is I dont care about the cap hit because its already done for the year...so if you have a game plan that better suits the whole team you have and a better QB to run it..I want to see it.
I've said plenty of times that I don't believe the QB right for this team is currently on this team.

I don't believe we're winning anything with Dak or Rush as the QB.

The only difference is at least it's exciting with Rush. We know Dak can't get it done. It's at least an unknown with Rush even though most of us believe he's nothing special either.

plasticman

Reaction score
In week #1 it wasn't Dak calling the plays. He wasn't the one that abandoned the run when they were averaging 5 yards a carry.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I've said plenty of times that I don't believe the QB right for this team is currently on this team.

I don't believe we're winning anything with Dak or Rush as the QB.

The only difference is at least it's exciting with Rush. We know Dak can't get it done. It's at least an unknown with Rush even though most of us believe he's nothing special either.

again no other position would you say "Dont play the best player we have at the posiiton" if Dak is healthy he is the best option at QB for this current team...anything else said about Dak/Rush is not wanting the best for the team its for personal implications, wether that be your enjoyment of the game or what not....

GINeric

Reaction score
Well, based on that logic Josh Allen has been in the league 2 years less than Dak yet his work pales that of Dak....Patrick Mahomes has been in the league 1 year less than Dak yet Dak pales in comparison.....

And you're absolutely correct!! Both of those quarterbacks are special!! With that said, are you going on record to say every quarterback who's had success in this league started out like both Mahomes and Allen???

Oh yeah.... what offensive coordinators have Dak had in his career that are on the Chiefs and Bills level??? How many times have Mahomes and Allen had to overcome leading the most penalized team in the NFL as well???

75boyz

Reaction score
In week #1 it wasn't Dak calling the plays. He wasn't the one that abandoned the run when they were averaging 5 yards a carry.

Wow. If you actually have inside sources revealing which exact plays are audibled out of when there are run calls do tell.

As to recent published reports there's a whole lotta audibling going on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
again no other position would you say "Dont play the best player we have at the posiiton" if Dak is healthy he is the best option at QB for this current team...anything else said about Dak/Rush is not wanting the best for the team its for personal implications, wether that be your enjoyment of the game or what not....
Dak wasn't the best player we had at the position when he got the job.

He was just middling though and leading us to wins.

Winning should always be what matters, not who is more skilled.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak wasn't the best player we had at the position when he got the job.

He was just middling though and leading us to wins.

Winning should always be what matters, not who is more skilled.

why are we talking about 2016..what does that do for this season? again if you know Rush is not better yet you want him to play even when Dak is healthy..what is the reasoning? And when you bring up 2016 and think Romo should have played, then why are you now wanting the lesser QB to play?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
why are we talking about 2016..what does that do for this season? again if you know Rush is not better yet you want him to play even when Dak is healthy..what is the reasoning? And when you bring up 2016 and think Romo should have played, then why are you now wanting the lesser QB to play?
Because you said "if Dak is healthy he is the best option at QB for this current team...anything else said about Dak/Rush is not wanting the best for the team its for personal implications"

Again, to me the best option is who you can win games with, not who throws a prettier ball.

The reason I brought up 2016 was because Dak wasn't the best option at all, but we were winning and many had lost faith in Romo at that point.

Do you believe the people that wanted Dak to stay the QB when we were 13-3 had personal implications or were they just happy to be on the ride we were on at the time?

I don't believe the gap between Rush and Dak is great enough to warrant Dak having the job regardless of how he plays when he comes back. The contract will dictate that, not the talent gap.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Because you said "if Dak is healthy he is the best option at QB for this current team...anything else said about Dak/Rush is not wanting the best for the team its for personal implications"

Again, to me the best option is who you can win games with, not who throws a prettier ball.

The reason I brought up 2016 was because Dak wasn't the best option at all, but we were winning and many had lost faith in Romo at that point.

Do you believe the people that wanted Dak to stay the QB when we were 13-3 had personal implications or were they just happy to be on the ride we were on at the time?

I don't believe the gap between Rush and Dak is great enough to warrant Dak having the job regardless of how he plays when he comes back. The contract will dictate that, not the talent gap.

This season the contract is set though..nothing will change that this season. Now if you think Dak is not clearly better than Rush, then ok, we dont agree at all and it takes real tunnel vision to accept his play while thinking Dak's is not better. But if your saying "For his contract" then i once again will tell you the contracts are set for the season..you roll with the better QB because thats gives you the best chance to win. If Dak was out all season and Rush won 13 games and was in the running for awards at QB we can certainley change our conversation..do you really believe that is a high possibility given what you know about Rush?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This season the contract is set though..nothing will change that this season. Now if you think Dak is not clearly better than Rush, then ok, we dont agree at all and it takes real tunnel vision to accept his play while thinking Dak's is not better. But if your saying "For his contract" then i once again will tell you the contracts are set for the season..you roll with the better QB because thats gives you the best chance to win. If Dak was out all season and Rush won 13 games and was in the running for awards at QB we can certainley change our conversation..do you really believe that is a high possibility given what you know about Rush?
Did you want to roll with Dak and keep the ride going or did you want to back to Romo who was clearly the better player in 2016?

Dak was not in any "QB awards" running in 2016. He was tied for 15th in TD passes, 19th in yards, 24th in YPG....

He was just a below average QB that protected the ball and handed it to Zeke (who won the rushing title by over 300 yards). Zeke was robbed of ROY that year. When you win the rushing title as a rookie by over 300 yards it should be a no brainer.

I don't believe Rush is going to lead us to 13 straight wins with this team because he won't have the chance to beging with, but I also don't believe Dak is going to either.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So in your opinion Rush throws the ball better than Dak? Again dont like Dak thats fine but trying to sell Rush as the answer is ridiculous.

It may be incorrect but that's not a 'ridiculous' opinion. At least it appears that Rush can put the ball in front of the receiver and give them a chance....the repeated ball behind the slant running receiver is becoming the norm with Dak.