Rhein @ Amsterdam Official Thread (Rhein 31 - AMS 35)

lwehlers

Reaction score
i thought henson looked good for the first three quarters. then in the fourth he went back to some of his bad habits of not setting his feet right and the six of his last eight passes he really had bad throws. he needs to get his feet right and get he ball down and put more zip on his passes. i think he is getting better but not a good fourth quarter for him. it seemed like the coaches were making drew throw more down field in this game. i know they were behind but it was good game experience for him hopefully next he is playing in the two minute offense he gets his passes down so his receivers have a chance to catch the ball downfield.

acheman

Reaction score
First off I am a huge Henson supporter, but overall today I would have to give him a B- at best. While he is no CHutch, his fumbling the ball away on sacks is starting to bother me a little. He had the one VS Baltimore, one last week I believe, and one today that help put them in a hole early. The stats only show him taking one sack, but I know he was sacked at least 3 times. The fumble, and two others that came on consecutive 2nd and 3rd down plays. I don't think they were his fault, but you have to protect the ball. He did fumble a ball from center, but regained it. Though I think that was on the center as he clearly used Drew's towel to wipe his hands off as they went back to the huddle. The late pick was one ugly wobbler. I hoped to see him lead his team to victory with the ball in has hands and the burden clearly on his shoulders. He had at least two drives to try and come from behind in the end and came up short. I thought all along they would lose today and win next week's match-up. I only hope Drew can play masterfully well in the game next week at home. 6TD'S for the year is OK, but now 4 turnovers (2 INT'S 2 Fumbles on sacks) in 5 games is starting to look rather unimpressive. Maybe I am just disappointed to see him lose, where his Defense has helped bail the team out alot in the past games. I still like the zip he puts on the ball, I like the progress he has made, but I came back to earth a little after todays game as far as my expectations for Drew THIS year in Dallas, and his slot on the depth chart.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Well, for anyone who cares, the replay is now on NFL Network.

Thanks to all that posted live feedback of the game.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
acheman said:
First off I am a huge Henson supporter, but overall today I would have to give him a B- at best. While he is no CHutch, his fumbling the ball away on sacks is starting to bother me a little. He had the one VS Baltimore, one last week I believe, and one today that help put them in a hole early. The stats only show him taking one sack, but I know he was sacked at least 3 times. The fumble, and two others that came on consecutive 2nd and 3rd down plays. I don't think they were his fault, but you have to protect the ball. He did fumble a ball from center, but regained it. Though I think that was on the center as he clearly used Drew's towel to wipe his hands off as they went back to the huddle. The late pick was one ugly wobbler. I hoped to see him lead his team to victory with the ball in has hands and the burden clearly on his shoulders. He had at least two drives to try and come from behind in the end and came up short. I thought all along they would lose today and win next week's match-up. I only hope Drew can play masterfully well in the game next week at home. 6TD'S for the year is OK, but now 4 turnovers (2 INT'S 2 Fumbles on sacks) in 5 games is starting to look rather unimpressive. Maybe I am just disappointed to see him lose, where his Defense has helped bail the team out alot in the past games. I still like the zip he puts on the ball, I like the progress he has made, but I came back to earth a little after todays game as far as my expectations for Drew THIS year in Dallas, and his slot on the depth chart.

I think you are letting the result effect what you have seen today from Henson. I kind of felt the same way at first, but really, I expected them to lose today, since they really are pretty down on Recievers. Whats his Wong or whatever his name was, got to be one of worst Recievers in NFLE.

Pretty much Henson had to win this game by himself today and I think got little bit greedy at the end. So its a good lesson for him.

Now for Fumbles, that crazy to think he has fumble issues. If you ever seen Jake Delhomme's stats, thats fumble issues. If you see Bledsoe's stats, that is fumble issues. Today's fumble more off waiting too much and it was his fault in not trying to get rid of ball quicker. But really Hamdan should have had a Int and also fumble and he got lucky on both. Cleary, Hamdan has much better on Recievers and his third year in same system, was throwing to some wide open recievers. If anything Rhein Fire D was big dud today.

rw54

Reaction score
I thought I would throw my two cents worth in here. At the beginning of this experiment, I thought Henson pressed about 90 perecent of the time. Everything looked thought about, programmed, forced. I think that 90 percent has dropped to about 10 percent. I love how the ball jumps out of his hand. I don't think he knows how to use his arm in the most effective manner yet, but I hope that comes with more experience. He can throw from many different positions and still get alot on the throw. I know of only one other guy who can do it. I won't make that comparison, even a limited one, just yet. With this staff he is starting to gain some confidence, but he looks to still be holding back a little. If he can get completely confident over there, and come back here and keep that confidence, he will compete and maybe be the favorite for the second QB. I can now see him developing into a quality starter in the NFL. I couldn't say that before this NFLE experience. He needs someone to recognize his ability and mold it into something special. I hope that is in Dallas.