Rhonda Rousey punched repeatedly

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Loses.

She blazed a trail for women in the sport for sure.... but was/is she a fraud?

Not a fraud, but figured out. She wasn't able to adjust to strikers. Strikers trained to avoid her lethal takedowns and that was a wrap. Her run is likely the best we will see for a while in women's MMA. She paved the way for a lot of female fighters.

She is absolutely done, and as a fan of hers, it's unfortunate to say that. I was hoping she was generational, whereas it's apparent she was just exposing a weakness within her ranks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Not a fraud, but figured out. She wasn't able to adjust to strikers. Strikers trained to avoid her lethal takedowns and that was a wrap. Her run is likely the best we will see for a while in women's MMA. She paved the way for a lot of female fighters.

She is absolutely done, and as a fan of hers, it's unfortunate to say that. I was hoping she was generational, whereas it's apparent she was just exposing a weakness within her ranks.

Yeah I wanted this for her. Oh well.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
She was a fraud. They built up that weight class to keep real competitors away for as long as they could. She could handle most women at 135, as she originally came in at 145. The competition at 135 was slim pickings.

Now that she has lost her value, they are creating a new weight class for up to 145, no coincidence there.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Rousey was good and good for UFC, but there was a rush to anoint someone the best ever. Last night was only her 14th UFC fight. Sure the women's side of the UFC is still in its intimacy, but 14 fights is still next to nothing. The more a fighter fights, the more they get "figured out".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
She was a fraud. They built up that weight class to keep real competitors away for as long as they could. She could handle most women at 135, as she originally came in at 145. The competition at 135 was slim pickings.

Now that she has lost her value, they are creating a new weight class for up to 145, no coincidence there.

She lost both fights pretty much losing a boxing match.

She didn't plan better or we never got to see her plan?

To be honest, I don't like the "boxing" part, and no, no because she lost that way.... it's because I want this to be something different ala mixed martial arts and other mishmash. Not boxing though.

kapolani

Reaction score
Rousey dominated for so long because no one could defend her judo throw and arm bar.

When strikers with better skill set than her came around it was all over.

If she comes back she needs to get with a striking coach.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Rousey dominated for so long because no one could defend her judo throw and arm bar.

When strikers with better skill set than her came around it was all over.

If she comes back she needs to get with a striking coach.

Interesting. I heard that before.

I don't think she comes back though.
Shouldn't come back,

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Just like a lot of fighters that were supposed to be unstoppable that eventually got their rear end destroyed. The sport evolves and there's always someone out there that can beat your @**.

Tito... Oh you're ground game doesn't work anymore. Got beat repeatedly

Ronda... level of opponents were really bad. Throw in one or two opponents that can actually fight. She gets whooped.

Every fighter tHat even for a short period of time was hyped got his butt whooped.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Just like a lot of fighters that were supposed to be unstoppable that eventually got their rear end destroyed. The sport evolves and there's always someone out there that can beat your @**.

Tito... Oh you're ground game doesn't work anymore. Got beat repeatedly

Ronda... level of opponents were really bad. Throw in one or two opponents that can actually fight. She gets whooped.

Every fighter tHat even for a short period of time was hyped got his butt whooped.

The sport is so varied and complex, I wonder, really, if we'll ever see a fighter pull off a Mayweather and go 40+-0?

Even the best ever (imo) Liddell, lost.

To those calling Rousey a fraud, can you please explain exactly what it is that makes her a fraud?

@DallasDomination I was at Liddell/Tito 2. It was fantastic!

Stryker44

Reaction score
Rickson Gracie and Gokor Chivichyan need to get back out there and show the world why they are unbeatable.

kapolani

Reaction score
To those calling Rousey a fraud, can you please explain exactly what it is that makes her a fraud?

I don't think she's a fraud.

She was good at what she did. Judo.

Good sport, but hopelessly outclassed when against serious fighting and athletes.

When she started there weren't many women that could 'fight.' She probably had a hand in bringing in types of people that could take her out by making the sport popular for woman.

Now that athletes with better skill set than her are in the sport she needs to evolve or continue to get wrecked.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
She was great for the sport and for women's MMA, but I never liked her attitude and the fact that after all the crap she talked for years, she suddenly goes radio silent after losing tells you everything you need to know about her.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Guess we can assume what would have been the outcome of a Rousey-Cyborg fight and why it did happen while she was at the top.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
She was great for the sport and for women's MMA, but I never liked her attitude and the fact that after all the crap she talked for years, she suddenly goes radio silent after losing tells you everything you need to know about her.

Yeah, her reaction to the Holm fight soured me a ton, too, Count. I was hoping it was due to her getting re-focused and her competitive nature, but we found out last night otherwise. She was just depressed or whatnot from losing.

Sad to say, but I'm done with her. And woman's MMA until another dominant fighter emerges. I imagine UFC lost some of its (female viewing) fanbase with the latest loss of Rousey. It's obvious, actually. She was a ticket seller, but her mystique and dominance is no mas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah. That attitude makes it easy to root against someone and take satisfaction when they fall.

She had a great run in UFC, and I expect her next step will be WWE.