Rhonda Rousey punched repeatedly

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I was really surprised that she lost again. I wouldn't blame her if she retired. She's got plenty of money. Maybe there's something else she's interested in.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
She's a fraud the same way Royce Gracie was a fraud. Great at one aspect, but never able to adapt.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
She lost both fights pretty much losing a boxing match.

She didn't plan better or we never got to see her plan?

To be honest, I don't like the "boxing" part, and no, no because she lost that way.... it's because I want this to be something different ala mixed martial arts and other mishmash. Not boxing though.

The point of MMA is that you incorporate all of these practices. The fact that she is such a weak striker and defender shows that she was a paper champion. She is a Judo champion, and that is all she will ever be. Her game is so uneven it isn't even funny. That isn't to even suggest that the women beating her are champions in their own right. I'm sure that title will change hands often.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think she's a fraud.

She was good at what she did. Judo.

Good sport, but hopelessly outclassed when against serious fighting and athletes.

When she started there weren't many women that could 'fight.' She probably had a hand in bringing in types of people that could take her out by making the sport popular for woman.

Now that athletes with better skill set than her are in the sport she needs to evolve or continue to get wrecked.

Both women who defeated her have more experience than her and careers that began well before she was in MMA.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The point of MMA is that you incorporate all of these practices. The fact that she is such a weak striker and defender shows that she was a paper champion. She is a Judo champion, and that is all she will ever be. Her game is so uneven it isn't even funny. That isn't to even suggest that the women beating her are champions in their own right. I'm sure that title will change hands often.

Even though I think you flat out don't like her.

I think you are spot on.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Lol, seriously.

The Gracie family helped revolutionize the sport.

Lol! That was kinda outta the blue. We use Gracie techniques in hand-to-hand training in the Army in basic and in PT (if you have a squared away platoon SGT that goes to the course in Colorado :))

Gracie is an All Time Great. Didn't Shamrock, in his prime, tap out vs. Gracie???

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol! That was kinda outta the blue. We use Gracie techniques in hand-to-hand training in the Army in basic and in PT (if you have a squared away platoon SGT that goes to the course in Colorado :))

Gracie is an All Time Great. Didn't Shamrock, in his prime, tap out vs. Gracie???

I'm pretty sure he tapped out to Royce.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Royce Gracie made 260 lb men tap out in his fights. How can you call him a fraud? He is a legend. He won the UFC in the days where he was fighting 100 lb size differential.
Obviously, you didn't get my point. No one knew how to combat BJJ when he first came along. The family picked him because he was the weakest of the bunch. Rickson was the family champion at the time.

jimmy40

Reaction score
what's more over hyped in 2016, Rousey or Ohio State?

Stryker44

Reaction score
Obviously, you didn't get my point. No one knew how to combat BJJ when he first came along. The family picked him because he was the weakest of the bunch. Rickson was the family champion at the time.

Royce Gracie would beat anybody in the UFC right now in his prime. So would Rickson and Gokor.

JDSmith

Reaction score
She's a fraud the same way Royce Gracie was a fraud. Great at one aspect, but never able to adapt.

Royce was never a fraud, he was the star of an infomercial. He was exactly what he said he was, an almost non-existent striker who knew Gracie Jiu Jitsu. He was supposed to prove its effectiveness, and he did. There was nothing fraudulent about it.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Royce Gracie would beat anybody in the UFC right now in his prime. So would Rickson and Gokor.

No. Royce never possessed the skill set required to compete in the modern UFC with the current rules. Royce in his prime would get absolutely schooled by Nate Diaz, nevermind Nick. He would have almost literally no chance of winning. And Nate and Nick are hardly the greatest fighters in the world in their respective weight classes, although they are always great fun to watch.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hahaha, what? What kind of drugs are you on?

Royce was never a fraud, he was the star of an infomercial. He was exactly what he said he was, an almost non-existent striker who knew Gracie Jiu Jitsu. He was supposed to prove its effectiveness, and he did. There was nothing fraudulent about it.
That's my point. Rousey isn't a fraud, either. She's a one dimensional fighter who failed to adapt.