Rich Eisen interviews Bill Parcells

rags747

Reaction score
He talks about the Cowboys around the 12 minute mark. They get away from Dallas for a moment and then go back to them briefly. He likes Gallup and mentioned him twice.

The whole interview is fantastic. I miss this guy.

Yep best press conferences ever from the Tuna, never ever seen or heard any better. Certainly loves him some Mahomes too, if Parcells says the kid is special you know he is.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He talks about the Cowboys around the 12 minute mark. They get away from Dallas for a moment and then go back to them briefly. He likes Gallup and mentioned him twice.

The whole interview is fantastic. I miss this guy.

Now that was special! He does sound older than I remember, but he definitely keeps up with the NFL. Super enjoyed his take on the Cowboys.

Like Rich Eisen, I could listen to him talk all day.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So mad he didn't deliver on his promise of the Super Bowls! He stole Jerry Jones' money!

Last edited:

Little Jr

Reaction score
Good stuff. When we hired him I purchased season tickets the next day. Lol

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Bill rocks. He's slowed down a lot and with age he doesn't have the charisma. But he's still a good listen.

Man, listening to this you can definitely tell how much he has aged. I LOVED his press conferences between 2003-2006....great radio. But definitely a difference between 66 and 77 year old Tuna.

Alexander

Reaction score
Coach Parcells' little tight end fetish came out in the interview.

That was the first time we have had a ton of tangible production from the tight end position and he clearly relished it.

Alexander

Reaction score
He’s impressed with the Cowboys and Dak. Sad Dak is a very capable QB.
Exact words: "They have a QB that can get the job done.".

In what world does that say "impressed"?

Bill Parcells won a Lombardi with Jeff Hostetler. He got to the playoffs with Quincy Carter.

He has never been in awe of the position. He coached games his way, the QB was not a partner but a tool.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Coach Parcells' little tight end fetish came out in the interview.

That was the first time we have had a ton of tangible production from the tight end position and he clearly relished it.

He was the one after the 2006 draft of a TE in the second who said he may do it again next year, right? lol

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Exact words: "They have a QB that can get the job done.".

In what world does that say "impressed"?

Bill Parcells won a Lombardi with Jeff Hostetler. He got to the playoffs with Quincy Carter.

He has never been in awe of the position. He coached games his way, the QB was not a partner but a tool.

Meh, I always thought that too, but he also drafted Drew Bledsoe, found Chad Pennington and Tony Romo. He may have been able to coach without great QBs, and he didn't believe in their deification, but he definitely respected the need for a good one.