Rich Eisen interviews Bill Parcells

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Exact words: "They have a QB that can get the job done.".

In what world does that say "impressed"?

Bill Parcells won a Lombardi with Jeff Hostetler. He got to the playoffs with Quincy Carter.

He has never been in awe of the position. He coached games his way, the QB was not a partner but a tool.
In other words, Dak is plenty of good capable of winning it all, including a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Only two quarterbacks in NFL history have become season long starters after throwing zero passes in his first two seasons.

They both had the same Head Coach. They were Jeff Hostetler and Tony Romo.

Teams and their HC talk a good talk about "developing" quarterbacks but they are always abandoned or thrown in too soon out of desperation. The only exception has been Bill Parcells.

Of all the great defenses for the Cowboys, none have been #1 in both preventing opponent points and in yardage. However one Cowboy season had the Cowboy defense ranked #1 in yardage and #2 in points against.

That was the 2003 season, Parcell's first. The irony is, he was a big disciple of the 3-4 defense and he had to keep the Cowboy 4-3 for one season due to personnel.

I think Bill would have liked Dak if he was his coach. Dak seems to be adhering well to Parcell's QB commandments.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Meh, I always thought that too, but he also drafted Drew Bledsoe, found Chad Pennington and Tony Romo. He may have been able to coach without great QBs, and he didn't believe in their deification, but he definitely respected the need for a good one.

I totally misread that the first time and was thinking how strange it was that Parcells didn't think QBs pooped.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Bill Parcells won a Lombardi with Jeff Hostetler. He got to the playoffs with Quincy Carter.

He has never been in awe of the position. He coached games his way, the QB was not a partner but a tool.
Get the job done. What more do you want a QB to do? Not get the job done?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I must have watched a different interview than you, post up the one you watched.
Very capable, get the job done, what’s the difference? Parcels has crapped more football knowledge than you will ever, ever know.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep best press conferences ever from the Tuna, never ever seen or heard any better. Certainly loves him some Mahomes too, if Parcells says the kid is special you know he is.

I didn't miss any of them. And I don't listen to press conferences. Since then we really haven't had one worth going out of the way to listen to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

And for the new posters here, you quit on the Cowboys before the season even started. You ran away and called for the team to tank after a couple losses. So don’t pretend you’re a fan. You’re not, maybe a fair weather fan at best but totally fake.

dfense

Reaction score
So mad he didn't deliver on his promise of the Super Bowls! He stole Jerry Jones' money!
He bailed when he realized his defense wasn't all that. Then as a parting gift he drafts Carpenter to make his dad happy.

RD21

Reaction score
Great interview...! I always liked Parcells. Was bummed when he walked after the disappointment in Seattle. I remember an interview a few years back where he said, he probably should've given it one more year. I sure wish he would've. Parcells' 4yrs here, brought us out of the abyss. I strongly believe 2007 would've had a different (more favorable) ending, if Tuna was still at the helm.

My all time favorite Parcells quote was, something to the effect of: When asked if an injured kicker was gonna play, "I don't need him to play, I just need him to kick.." HAHAHAHAHA.... Classic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He would be impressed with QBs like Alex Smith and Joe Flacco. He hates "Rockstar" QBs

I think Parcells would love Dak.

He likes mediocre QB's that don't turn the ball over. Especially when they're mobile.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
He talks about the Cowboys around the 12 minute mark. They get away from Dallas for a moment and then go back to them briefly. He likes Gallup and mentioned him twice.

The whole interview is fantastic. I miss this guy.

He built a Super Bowl defense and if he did not get tired of Jerry, he would have given Dallas another Super Bowl Championship.

But as Jerry said, he only need Parcells to get his stadium. Too bad, he would have got more just like he would have gotten more Championships with Jimmy Johnson.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He built a Super Bowl defense and if he did not get tired of Jerry, he would have given Dallas another Super Bowl Championship.

But as Jerry said, he only need Parcells to get his stadium. Too bad, he would have got more just like he would have gotten more Championships with Jimmy Johnson.

Yeah..

At least Bill did put us back on a solid foundation and we are still benefiting from the foundation he built in his time here.

He gave the franchise direction when we had none.

With how well we run the football we should be hitting big plays down field constantly with the speed we have at WR.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Its parcels speak. Parcels calling out a position for a compliment is high praise from the man. Whats your issue?

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think Parcells would love Dak.

He likes mediocre QB's that don't turn the ball over. Especially when they're mobile.
So what was his love with Testeverde, he loved him some Vin-terception Testeverde.