Rich Eisen interviews Bill Parcells

rags747

Reaction score
Very capable, get the job done, what’s the difference? Parcels has crapped more football knowledge than you will ever, ever know.
Dude I'm not doubting Parcells I'm just doubting your recollection of what Parcells said, yours went through the spin factory for whatever reason.

rags747

Reaction score
Great interview...! I always liked Parcells. Was bummed when he walked after the disappointment in Seattle. I remember an interview a few years back where he said, he probably should've given it one more year. I sure wish he would've. Parcells' 4yrs here, brought us out of the abyss. I strongly believe 2007 would've had a different (more favorable) ending, if Tuna was still at the helm.

My all time favorite Parcells quote was, something to the effect of: When asked if an injured kicker was gonna play, "I don't need him to play, I just need him to kick.." HAHAHAHAHA.... Classic.
We should really have a separate thread just on Parcell'isms. One that always sticks out is "Jap Plays" and the "Circus only stays in town for so long". Love that guy...

GMO415

Reaction score
This is why Dallas is a dangerous team in the playoffs. They have an elite running game and defense. They are built for cold weather games.

I think after 10 years, JG is battle tested and God knows he's learned from all his mistakes. He has the team ready to win out. Just listen to the locker room interviews....this team is expected to win out.

GMO415

Reaction score
One of the last cerebral coaches. I wish Jimmy Johnson would be interviewed more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is why Dallas is a dangerous team in the playoffs. They have an elite running game and defense. They are built for cold weather games.

I think after 10 years, JG is battle tested and God knows he's learned from all his mistakes. He has the team ready to win out. Just listen to the locker room interviews....this team is expected to win out.
cold weather first game here, indoors, second game what in LA or NO Dome LOL only shot at an OD game in the playoffs if somehow the bears and us meet in the NFCCG

GMO415

Reaction score
cold weather first game here, indoors, second game what in LA or NO Dome LOL only shot at an OD game in the playoffs if somehow the bears and us meet in the NFCCG
Is this the Cowboys last year in the NFL?....wow no future in it I guess.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You haters are unbelievable.

It's actually true.

If you have listened to Bill Parcells speak on QB's enough you would know that he's got a specific type of QB that he likes. Dak IMO is a guy that Parcells would like.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dude I'm not doubting Parcells I'm just doubting your recollection of what Parcells said, yours went through the spin factory for whatever reason.
What spin? I relistened and agreed Parcells said they have a QB who gets the job done. Kinda similar to very capable. You haters will stoop to anything to fur your Dak hate.

natedoug

Reaction score
Hated his guts when he was with the Giants. Loved him with the Cowboys! His daily press conferences where golden. Many nuggets of football knowledge and insight where sprinkled in with all his antics!

MS17

Reaction score
Yes, I never missed his pressers. The kibitzing with media and dismissive "you guys have any more questions, if not, Ive got things to do" statement. Hilarious. Funniest thing he ever did, in my memory, was his referring to Terrell Owens as "the player."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's actually true.

If you have listened to Bill Parcells speak on QB's enough you would know that he's got a specific type of QB that he likes. Dak IMO is a guy that Parcells would like.
I listened to every press conference Parcells gave as the head coach here. There is a specific type of QB he likes, good ones. Please don’t try and school me.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what was his love with Testeverde, he loved him some Vin-terception Testeverde.

When Parcels was with the Jets, Vinny had a hell of a year in 1998 , made the pro bowl , and was 12-1 as a starter. When Quincy got cut, there weren't exactly a whole lot of options out there. Vinny was a 41 year old band-aide.

erod

Reaction score
I listened to every press conference Parcells gave as the head coach here. There is a specific type of QB he likes, good ones. Please don’t try and school me.

True. Parcells isn't in the business anymore of tearing players down.

Dak is fine. Parcells REALLY likes what's around him, and the old-school nature of this team suits his taste.