Richard: It's on me

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
In one short season Richard turned this mediocre defense into the 3rd best in the league .

But at this point, why does it matter ?... Jerry should fire him , & extend garrett and linehan .

Let the worst era in cowboys history continue with this HC .

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Linehan's offense has peaked! It actually peaked years ago. His offense is not going to get any better. I hope Jerry and company can see this and move on from him. If not, this team will be stuck in the mud, and more careers will be wasted.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Eagles held the Rams to 82 yards rushing.............In LA.........so the Eagles front is that much better than ours?

Eagles won the Superbowl with Peterson their second season . They keep making the playoffs every year .

anyway...
I blame our nose tackle, the whole game ... OC can't go out there and block for the nose tackle , so its not linehan's fault . players play, coaches coach .

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Just to add to this too, even when he knows where he is going and is accurate, he is still late with the ball. Most QBS throw out routes before the WRS are out of there breaks. Look at what almost happens every time Dak throws an out or a comeback against zone, he waits for them to uncover fully and throws way to late. No anticipation
Yep,late to his windows or not seeing the better play to make,is something I cringe at every game. The Rico play tonight,that one did it for me. In fact,Garrett would have a good mind as a coach to staple that replay into his smartphone for the off-season. That must drive Cooper nuts. It’s like Julio Jones sitting there in a wide open pocket for an easy 20 yarder,and they throw it to some rarely used FB 5 yards to nowhere. That whole drive went down the toilet from that,and so did their chances with it. Just a knucklehead play of plays.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
That’s coach garbage to protect his players. The simple fact is,they had better players than Dallas could defend. Just man for man,they got beat and all the coaching and X’s and O’s can’t change that.
I disagree.

Maybe this coaching staff's X's and O's couldn't change that but I'd wager if a better group of coaches had this exact same Cowboys roster they'd have fared a lot better.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
That’s coach garbage to protect his players. The simple fact is,they had better players than Dallas could defend. Just man for man,they got beat and all the coaching and X’s and O’s can’t change that.
psh..........................

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
"Promote" the clown whose side of the ball lost its side of the game just because he admitted stuffing up? Rubbish. Clean House and clear the table of these bums..you don't promote them...oh wait.....JJ does. A perfect example of the Peter Principle at work.

If we're just grading him on today, no, he doesn't deserve a promotion. But if you take in his full body of work, as any smart person would, he absolutely should be in consideration for the DC position.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I hope you are right but Rod likes smaller DT’s we can only hope Jerry remembers CJ Anderson rolling over his DL all night long and how his OL was dominated as well.

If Travis does not recover for 2019 they have some OL work to do as well, Conner needs to beef up and improve as well.
I’d actually like to try Williams at C if Fred isn’t the same,and see if he couldn’t be that Stepnoski type player being the build he has.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
So the Rams went 16-0 ?
No,it’s anout the matchups. Dallas didn’t match up with them at all,any better than they did with Indy. Both clubs out Dallased (is that a word?) Dallas at their own game. Their whole thing is built around playing physical football,so if they want to win these matchups,they have to get some more physical muscle themselves to beat them. This game reminds me of the 11-5 early 90’s Dallas team in that Lions playoff loss. Where they thought the level they were at was good enough,but then realized they were nowhere good enough yet and got stronger the following year? I think this game is that example for the FO and team,and now know where that bar really is set for championship competition. The good thing though,is our young guys don’t like losing and we’re now talking about building championship caliber teams,instead of how to rebuild a franchise from top to bottom in 10 easy steps.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
At least he owned up to it, idiots like Garrett and Marinelli and Linehan were too busy high-fiving each other to take any responsibility.
Why bring Marinelli into it? The f***??? Since when dies Marinelli give high fives to linehan and Carrot??

Only give credit to Richard when we win,but critisize Marinellie when we lose??? TF? Are you dumb? Marinelli has much to do with the success with our defense during the regular season as Richard's does.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Has Garrett ever really said this after a big loss?

I ask because frankly I don’t really know.

Quite honestly, I have never heard Garrett say anything like that. Richard stated "It's on me" and then he explained further.
All I've ever heard from Garrett was "He" or "We", but never Me.
"He" as in one of those Green Bay games that we lost in a playoff, he blamed Romo, he said Romo changed the play in reference to I think it was an interception that pretty much cost us the game and he threw Romo under the bus.
The "We" is the usual "we need to get better" or we need to do this or that, but I've never heard him take it upon his shoulders like Richard did, and I've watched the Cowboys intently from the time that Romo became a starter in 2006 and Garrett became OC in 2007. I've never seen him accept the blame even when it was clearly on him.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Our lines on both sides of the ball were badly overmatched tonight.

That certainly calls for some timely replenishment in the offseason.

You know Bullflop at first I kind of wanted to argue against that statement, but it's hard to do. Our Oline did not give Zeke the blocking he needed to produce room to run. It just wasn't there. On the other hand, our DL got killed by the Ram's running game. Just destroyed.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Interviews for coaches still in the playoffs needs to be banned. You don't get a reward for your season ending early and firing your coaches the Monday after the season ends. You should have to wait to start interviewing coaches.

Agreed!! It is a stupid and inexcusable rule that allows teams to contact and/or interview coaches before the playoff season ends.