Twitter: Richard Sherman comments on Nolan's scheme

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Asante Samuel played with Nolan in Atlanta and said of all the DCs he played for, Nolan was the worst.
Asante Samuel began with Bill Belichick and ended with Nolan. In between was Jim Johnson and Sean McDermott, and then the fail experiment of Juan Castillo as DC (long time OL Coach). Finally, for Samuel, Mike Nolan is worst than a OL Coach that failed at one year coaching a defense.

Mike Nolan as a defensive genius play caller is the same lie as Mike McCarthy as an offensive genius play caller. Mike is a very good QB coach that luck up into Brett Farve, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Rodgers and now Dak Prescott. Mike Nolan got Brian Billick, Tony Sparano, and Mike Smith fired.

History will repeated itself.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The most damning assessment I've seen yet, and I see and believe every bit of it.

Sherman is an intelligent dude. Say what you want about his personality, but he's earned his stripes and knows what he's talking about.

Praxit

Reaction score
Interesting stuff
..No kidding, really interesting. Sherman's take looks to be very valid. It makes sense as why the Cowboys D is having all sort of problems. They cant figure it out.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Asante Samuel began with Bill Belichick and ended with Nolan. In between was Jim Johnson and Sean McDermott, and then the fail experiment of Juan Castillo as DC (long time OL Coach). Finally, for Samuel, Mike Nolan is worst than a OL Coach that failed at one year coaching a defense.

Mike Nolan as a defensive genius play caller is the same lie as Mike McCarthy as an offensive genius play caller. Mike is a very good QB coach that luck up into Brett Farve, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Rodgers and now Dak Prescott. Mike Nolan got Brian Billick, Tony Sparano, and Mike Smith fired.

History will repeated itself.
Lucked up into Aaron Brooks and DAK? LOL relax

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mike is a very good QB coach
That's even debatable. He's always had fairly favorable players. The times he's made the final personnel decisions (Aaron Brooks in New Orleans, Green Bay at the end) have not been great.

Zordon

Reaction score
People keep saying complex doesn’t mean better but let me tell you that the best defensive coordinators I’ve ever seen- Jim Johnson and Dick LeBeau- ran complex defenses. The difference was they didn’t have stupid players trying to run it and we have Jaylon Smith.
It's going to be interesting to see what this defense looks like when Lee is back.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I always enjoy what I see from Sherman. He's a very insightful, articulate guy.

Reactions: BAT