Twitter: Richard Sherman comments on Nolan's scheme

Majic

Reaction score
How about Sherman called out some of our players for lack of effort rather than the coach.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if Nolan turns this around before getting run out of town. He’s that bad, but not so bad our genius ownership won’t give him plenty of time to prove how bad he is.

Bad hire.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
No training camp
No 4 game preseason
That’s a lot of missed football
AND on top of that an entire NEW COACHING STAFF
To expect the Cowboys to have a winning record this season, much less a Super Bowl contender is just
really naive
C”mon Man!!!!!
1-2 years AT BEST to become a Super Bowl contender under these circumstances
GET REAL.......this ain’t little league

Qcard

Reaction score
On the otherhand he did endorse Richard who everybody on here hates
Well I am 3 weeks away from issue a full apology to Marinelli and Richard. If this trend continues it appears they dressed up this Pig of Defense very well.

CWR

Reaction score
No training camp
No 4 game preseason
That’s a lot of missed football
AND on top of that an entire NEW COACHING STAFF
To expect the Cowboys to have a winning record this season, much less a Super Bowl contender is just
really naive
C”mon Man!!!!!
1-2 years AT BEST to become a Super Bowl contender under these circumstances
GET REAL.......this ain’t little league

I think when you have no training camp, no preseason and a new coaching staff you have to find a way to simplify the scheme. I believe that had a lot to do with retaining KM. I understand what an impossible position Nolan is in but it doesn't matter. This team was supposed to compete and these coaches aren't competing to this point. MM claims after week 2 they simplified the scheme on defense so if that is the case this is a talent issue first and foremost. I want to say Jaylon or whoever it was complaining about not knowing what to do made that statement after the week 3 game though I could he wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think when you have no training camp, no preseason and a new coaching staff you have to find a way to simplify the scheme. I believe that had a lot to do with retaining KM. I understand what an impossible position Nolan is in but it doesn't matter. This team was supposed to compete and these coaches aren't competing to this point. MM claims after week 2 they simplified the scheme on defense so if that is the case this is a talent issue first and foremost. I want to say Jaylon or whoever it was complaining about not knowing what to do made that statement after the week 3 game though I could he wrong.

um they started simplifying the game plans on defense after week 2 , guess what takes more time to find things that work but regardless its NOT working even using a more simple defense..

they are shorthanded for sure and Nolan wasn't given a stable full of stars to begin with and the best ones get injured..this is why the man needs a 16 game season to see if he can at least pull something better out of hat..NOT FOUR..

yes its ugly

catiii

Reaction score
Sydia--- why why would you even consider bringing in a complicated defense that is new...especially all the restrictions of Covid?....that is ineptness..pure and simple..and when you hear former players rag on how bad a coach is....that is huge red flag...have not heard anything good about Nolan..McCarthey only brought Nolan in because Nolan gave McCarthey his first shot when Nolan was head coach...its called Kronism..or Croniism ....nothing like this meltdown would occur
with Belichek ...he gets run of the mill players to play well for him...we have better than average players that look worse than anyone...that always fall square on the coach....and Jones is too prideful to do anything but support the ineptness
i am so ticked off....cannot sleep...i know Gorico get a life its only a game...but i am retired so that part is over...now its only Cowboys...and never been so upset in my life....even more than when we lost to Philly next to last game last season
I can relate bro on everything.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think Nolan is bad
But what makes it worse is the lack of effort from the players. They already lacked effort in Marinelli’s scheme, which was way simpler than this (so simple that anyone could figure them out). So of course, our defense could not handle the “complicatedness” of Nolan’s.

Mix low effort players, people who shouldn’t be starters, people who get paid and then dip, along with possibly the worst DC currently in the NFL, and you have a historically bad defense in your hands.

There are only a couple players on defense that have been playing this season that were playing last season so any perceived lack of effort last season doesn't mean squat this season. I don't think there's as much lack of effort as some would like us to believe. I think it's Nolan's very complicated convoluted schemes and alignments that to many of the players on each play can't just react like they have in the past but have to think in this scheme and this alignment I'm supposed to do this and then react but to often that hesitation makes them late getting to the ball and people are mistaking that for lack of effort. Instead of having ends in 2 point stance and at the snap dropping one back they should be letting all 4 linemen get in their normal 3 point stance and turn all of them lose to attack. The more pressure they put on the QB the better it is for the secondary.

Reactions: CWR

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This organization moves from one extreme to the next.

But...

No scheme can compensate for lack of player effort.
Maybe the scheme is so bad it effects how the player plays. I mean if you're confused about how to or where to be. Wouldn't that cause hesitation or sower run to that spot? But this team had trouble learning Rod M's defense so??????

CWR

Reaction score
um they started simplifying the game plans on defense after week 2 , guess what takes more time to find things that work but regardless its NOT working even using a more simple defense..

they are shorthanded for sure and Nolan wasn't given a stable full of stars to begin with and the best ones get injured..this is why the man needs a 16 game season to see if he can at least pull something better out of hat..NOT FOUR..

yes its ugly

Yeah thats what I said they claimed. Although I think Jaylon talked about everyone not being on the same page after week 3. Im not positive, its possible even the simplified version is too much for them with so little time to implement.

I also think its difficult to show improvement when both starting CBS and your two best LBs are out injured. Though the problem isn't that we haven't been very good, but that we've been historically bad.

This stretch ahead of us is Nolans chance to right the ship. The teams we are about to play are bad offensive teams, and we have guys coming back from IR.

Out of everything I've disliked from this current coaching staff I actually really really like the fact they arent afraid to change the line up, like they did for the second half of the Seattle game at oline or like putting in Donavan Wilson or bringing up the LB from practice squad.

I think we start to see improvement. Hell it inevitably has to get better, cant get much worse.