Richard Sherman

haleyrules

Reaction score
I see your point but Haley was a pass rusher and Sherman is not. Big difference.

Factor in the cost of Sherman with age and that would result in a disaster.
Yep and Haley was very very football smart. He didn't depend on his strength alone. That boy understood football and it really showed. Five SB Championships. That, in itself, is no fluke.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
"If he's so good why is he available?"

Because Seattle is doing the smart thing and trying to get something of value for him while he is still playing at a high level. Why wait for his production to fall off and cut him and get nothing in return when you can trade him and draft his replacement who will cost far less for the next four years?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'd do it but it have to be an incredibly Dallas-friendly trade.

I would laugh and hang up with their current demand for a 1st AND a quality player.

I'd counter Anthony Brown and a 4th. I'm sure they would laugh and hang up as well.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Sherman is typical of modern football. Hyped based... aging...looking for a big contract. Not worth the money HE thinks he deserves. Stay clear of the old players looking for a final big payday. Sherman is the past...not the future. Dallas is the future.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We don't need an established elite corner, let's spend a high draft pick, develop him and let him go after his rookie contract:thumbup:

Proof

Reaction score
If he's so good, why is he available

They've got some big contracts coming up. It's a deep draft for DBs and I think they believe their front along with kam and earl can make life easy on a cheaper younger DB

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I don't want Sherman but I've always had an issue with over valueing draft picks.

So there's 32 1st rd picks. Do 16 of those even become pro bowl caliber players? Do 16 even stay starters on their teams after 3 years? I'd love to see the stats on that.

Wait maybe professor google can help

Edit: 31% of first rd picks make 1 pro bowl only 17% make it to multiple pro bowls about 40% fail to stay in the league

Last edited: