Richard Sherman

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
We most likely won't see Sherman, but we do have to realize the NFL has changed.

CB is a premium position, especially right now, you do have to pay to get a good one. In 2017, a great pass rusher isn't getting there, a pressure maybe. If I'm a modern QB, hit the back foot and let it go. Causes less concussions and prolongs the career.

I figure you will see alot of DBs on draft day.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Or better yet, why NE don't want him?..... There's a reason NE IS always competitive and players like Sherman are not why.....

First you equated NE to Sherman which makes no sense. Second, you realize Seattle has been to Super Bowls with Sherman as their best corner and he hasn't missed a game to my knowledge. What are you talking about?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Because he speaks his mind.
Yup, Alex. Dude is ferocious and a leader. He had an outburst last season but the initial guy that called him a cancer is always negative and always talking crap, whether it's about our team or other teams, he's just a depressed dude.

No one has more interceptions in the league since Sherman has entered, and he may be the best Zone CB in the last decade. He's also incredibly physical and a captain in the secondary.

SEA wants rid of Sherman because they have a ton of money tied up to their defense. And Sherman is already making bank (for those of you saying he wants a big pay day).

He would be fantastic on our club, but for a "good" player and a top pick, on top of his contract, it just isn't viable, imo.

Some of y'all sound ridiculous in this thread.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Personally i thought it was said we're moving away from man coverage type corners. Sherman is an aging one

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I dont think hes a problem a much as Seattle just thinking if they can clear 13.6 mm from their cap and get a number 1 for a 29 yo cb with a draft deep in cb's...its worth a try
This.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't get it. We have folks on here praising Seattle for having foresight to clear a big cap number off their books before a player is too old....yet, those same people want US to be the team that takes an aging, expensive player.

No, no, no, no to this. 29 years old, expensive, possible product of a great pass rush, draft is heavy in CB talent. This would make zero sense,

Now, if Seattle cuts him, go for signing him.

No way to trading valuable assets for this guy. Not worth it at all.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't get it. We have folks on here praising Seattle for having foresight to clear a big cap number off their books before a player is too old....yet, those same people want US to be the team that takes an aging, expensive player.

No, no, no, no to this. 29 years old, expensive, possible product of a great pass rush, draft is heavy in CB talent. This would make zero sense,

Now, if Seattle cuts him, go for signing him.

No way to trading valuable assets for this guy. Not worth it at all.
Seattle won't cut him.

Big D

Reaction score
I'd be all for it if we had a nasty pass rush but if we had that, Oscan could produce like Sherman.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Sherman is a top talent. When was the last time we got someone of his caliber in the draft?

I'll always trade draft picks for top talents. Drafting is a crapshoot.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Sure if our defense was one solid db from the next step then go for it .. however the reality is the cowboys need more than a solid db on defense and should get that through the draft .. they're not one player away