Richard Sherman

coult44

Reaction score
Most of the people here who are against things like this are the folks who have no idea what we did to win 3 Super Bowls in th 90's. They are the folks who forget about going 21 years between Chanpionships because of an occasional first round playoff win. They don't mind that 1/2 of th NFL teams have been more successful than we have during the past two decades. And all of them would say he's the greatest CB in a hstatement league if he did sign with us.

rpntex

Reaction score
Seattle knows it's reloading (maybe even rebuilding a bit). If they can get a draft pick haul it's worth considering from their perspective.

He publicly criticized Seattle's OC (Darrell Bevell) after a questionable playcall last season, and ended up n a locker room confrontation with Pete Carroll. Rumor is that Carroll went to GM John Schneider and said he wanted to move on.

A few weeks ago, the word was that Seattle was raking calls about him. Word now is that Seattle is initiating those calls.

Doesn't have anything to do with reloading.

Brooksey

Reaction score
This is exactly the guy we need. The price is off and i'd like to punch him in the face but I'd give up our 4th rd pick if he wants to renegotiate his deal.

Sherman to Dallas gives our defense a new identity

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol still not seeing where this regression talk is coming from. The guy is still shutting guys down every week. I dont want him in Dallas but to say he is not a top CB is laughable.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If I had confidence that our pass rush was a "given" similar to when the team had Ware, Hatcher, Spencer, Ratliff doing well (07?), I would send SEA the pick, but he would just be scotch tape on a broken pipe at this point w holes on both levels of the D; and @ LB as well tbh but Lee, Hitchens, Wilbur could hold for a year; can't count on Jaylon with this boot non sense; pipedream. We have no "givens" on the DL but some young potential that could turn into those players (mainly Irving and Collins and potentially Tapper).

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dallas is a good pass rush away from going to a Super Bowl.

Not a cornerback away from going to a Super Bowl.

Marinelli has taken this defense from worst to 14th in the nfl in a little over a yr. Alot of people in this forum like to post and rant with the NY giants jock over their face and rave about the money they spent.

NY after spending 200mil last yr

allowed 1.3 pts less than dallas.
Allowed more rushing yrds per game than Dallas
Allowed only 149 passing yrds less for the entire season than Dallas' def
Allowed only 3.8 total yrds less per game for the yr than Dallas
Dallas had 36 sacks while NYG had 35
NYG did have 17int to Dallas 9

I think alot of Dallas fans dont even know whats going on with this team, but rather spew alot of talk from national media who dont know much more about the team then a fan. I really think fans of this team need to start researching their team and stop repeating reports from national media like its fact.

Dallas is building a team the right way. They are so much better than 2014 and so much younger.

Its time to give props to this organization and coaching staff. In 1 yr they have found a franchise QB and RB, basically assured the OL will be intact for the next decade.

All the while building a young def who will only get better. Without spending wildly in FA.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd give up a 2nd for him. We'd only take a project in the 2nd round anyways. The only guy that has really done something for us in the 2nd round is Sean Lee, and you never know if he'll finish the season out.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
When NE was rumored to get Sherman everyone praised them.

So what, pay Sherman for 2 years. The guy is a baller with a winning attitude on the field. He wants to go to a contender bc he wants to win.

With the WRs we have to face in this division, we need his size and smarts. Just bc you trade pick for Sherman does not mean we can not still have a great draft. NE doesnt even have a pick in first two rounds. Our Super Bowl window is now, the team is young and hungry

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
How is it not discussed that Dallas trades a pick for Richard Sherman..

Today it was reported NE just bailed on negotiations.

If Dallas could trade a pick in next years draft, I say lets go do it. This team could make a real run if we have significant improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Great athlete who could help the team, but methinks he shalt break the bank.

ksadler1

Reaction score
First you equated NE to Sherman which makes no sense. Second, you realize Seattle has been to Super Bowls with Sherman as their best corner and he hasn't missed a game to my knowledge. What are you talking about?

Someone asked a very good question. Why does Seattle want to part ways with him? And NE, who makes a living on signings like this, won't sign him. Lets see Sherman cover WR's when there's no pressure on the QB. Larry Brown was a pretty good CB here. He faded away when he went to a team that had no pass rush. Sherman will do the same if he ends up on a team like that. He's a waste of $$ here. We need to build through the draft and sign AFFORDABLE vets to hold the fort down until the rookies are ready. That's what I'm talking about.....

Last edited:

ksadler1

Reaction score
Most of the people here who are against things like this are the folks who have no idea what we did to win 3 Super Bowls in th 90's. They are the folks who forget about going 21 years between Chanpionships because of an occasional first round playoff win. They don't mind that 1/2 of th NFL teams have been more successful than we have during the past two decades. And all of them would say he's the greatest CB in a hstatement league if he did sign with us.

What was the salary cap back then? We were the NY Yankees back then. We could buy whoever we wanted. Times have changed There's only one team that has mastered the cap and it's not the Dallas Cowboys.....

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'd give up a 2nd for him. We'd only take a project in the 2nd round anyways. The only guy that has really done something for us in the 2nd round is Sean Lee, and you never know if he'll finish the season out.

The problem is, you're not JUST giving up a 2nd for him. The cap implications could cost us players too. We've got to quit kicking the cap can down the road, because quite frankly, the Cowboys are horrible at it.....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Someone asked a very good question. Why does Seattle want to part ways with him? And NE, who makes a living on signings like this, won't sign him. Lets see Sherman cover WR's when there's no pressure on the QB. Larry Brown was a pretty good CB here. He faded away when he went to a team that had no pass rush. Sherman will do the same if he ends up on a team like that. He's a waste of $$ here. We need to build through the draft and sign AFFORDABLE vets to hold the fort down until the rookies are ready. That's what I'm talking about.....

Yeah, this team has got to find a way to get a pass rush or no corner can help us. Sherman would eat up the cap space, leaving us with nothing to fix the pass rush.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The problem is, you're not JUST giving up a 2nd for him. The cap implications could cost us players too. We've got to quit kicking the cap can down the road, because quite frankly, the Cowboys are horrible at it.....
The team that trades for him would (could) owe him a base salary of $11,431,000 this year and $11M in 2018. Only $5M of his 2017 salary is guaranteed. The team that trades for him is probably going to give him a signing bonus of at least $5M, probably closer to $10M or $15M, and reduce his base salary which will bring his first year cap number down.

DTown214

Reaction score
Getting Sherman would be like the Patriots getting Revis a couple years ago. He could put us over the top just for next season and help get us a Super Bowl. Who the hell cares if his play falls off a cliff 2-3 years from now. Give them a draft pick for him. A high one too.