Richard Sherman

Carson

Reaction score
The things these writers do for clicks man.. It's crazy.

They sell their souls daily.

Exactly. Toss in Dallas's name and how much Jerry loves to gamble, tons of clicks.

No way we get up and first AND Jaylon.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Proposed trade by NJ writer:

Richard Sherman to Cowboys

The deal: Seattle sends Sherman to Dallas in exchange for LB Jaylon Smith and the 28th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The impact: Dallas gets one of the best corners in the game and a player that oozes swagger. Seattle moves on from Sherman, takes back a first-rounder and dreams on Smith actually finding health.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/2017_nfl_draft_trades_richard_sherman_rumors.html
Um, okay. Should we throw in Zeke while we're at it?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't know whether you are being sarcastic at times or making an elitests attempt in condescension when you include statements like stout lad in your posts. While I appreciate being referred to as a young man / boy, I can't help but think it's just your attempt of talking down to me as if you are somehow more accurate. Also I feel for you to make the claim that me describing Richard Sherman as an intelligent athelete (hmm no mention of black or white except by you ) is somehow a backhanded slap to other "blacks" is an ignorant attempt to create controversery and accuse me of something that I am seriously offended by.
Blimey!
No offense intended, cookie.
But it did seem like overreaching to have to mention Sherman as "intelligent."
Like I said, when I see or hear someone being called intelligent or eloquent, except, of course in me case, I cringe. As if he is specially anointed by holy waters of St. Estavious du Manchester, patronizer saint of the great unwashed.
But let us forget the unpleasantness. Let us drink from the furry cup of friendship and let any animosities drift away in the windy, wayward westward wind of the North Texas prairie ... Blimey, look at the time! Me mum has pot roast and English muffins in the steamer and warm Guinness on the table!
Wish you could dine with us!
(Can't wait to tell me mum I have a new best friend!)

mldardy

Reaction score
No offense . I get you defending that Sherman isn't a cancer but wth is the reasoning behind "especially black"? I don't see where quest pointed out his reasoning for Sherman being a cancer is because he is black ? Why must you imply part of his reasoning has to do with race .. give me a break .., seriously

I personally don't think Sherman is a cancer .. I think he is an extremely intelligent outspoken athlete with incredible skills who is not a huge fan of his coaches decisions in the big game and appears to be on the outs somewhat with the Seahawks .. due to his strife with the team there is a chance he could become disruptive to them and cause some locker room challenges .. now with all that being said I wouldn't take on Sherman's contract ; he is approaching 30 and while his skills aren't going downward yet, they will eventually
I wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him .. I would prefer to give a 3 or 4 for him maybe even as high as 2 but that's only with new cap friendly contract for 3-4 years
I also don't feel Sherman is that one player that just puts us over the top ... we need more players than that
Right price sure .. but not likely as we aren't one db away from the next step

But to imply a race as a reason behind quests beliefs is just plain ludicrous...
Yeah he didn't have to I pointed it out about race because that is the norm when describing an outspoken black athlete: 'a cancer', 'a thug'. Tired of it and I'm going to mention it and call him out for it. I don't care what you, him or anyone else is bothered by it. So deal with it or not. I don't care.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah he didn't have to I pointed it out about race because that is the norm when describing an outspoken black athlete: 'a cancer', 'a thug'. Tired of it and I'm going to mention it and call him out for it. I don't care what you, him or anyone else is bothered by it. So deal with it or not. I don't care.
You are such a rebel!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Matt Miller has 17 CBs graded out in the top 3 rounds this year.
That's why RS is so readily available and why no one is jumping on him.
SEA likely has to hold him until after the draft and trade for a future pick or /gasp release him.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Not sure recent precedent suggests moving on an aging corner is a good move. Regis, Asomugha and Norman didn't exactly reignite their new defenses. In fact, two of the three rapidly declined.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Forget Sherman. Let's go after 27 year old Malcolm Butler. Imagine him doing this to OBJ twice a year:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
You don't really understand what win now means, do you?
I think it means doing whatever it takes to win now. I think you and many Cowboys fans have a tendency to overvalue saving cap and "building through the draft." Weve been building for 25 years. When the heck is building done? Drafting well and creating the core of the team is not some new concept, its something every team HAS to do. Its expected, but FAs and trades sometimes are what puts you over the hump. NE does it every year. How many millions did they give Gilmore? And not a peep from the "Id rather just draft CBs and save space" crowd

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think it means doing whatever it takes to win now. I think you and many Cowboys fans have a tendency to overvalue saving cap and "building through the draft." Weve been building for 25 years. When the heck is building done? Drafting well and creating the core of the team is not some new concept, its something every team HAS to do. Its expected, but FAs and trades sometimes are what puts you over the hump. NE does it every year. How many millions did they give Gilmore? And not a peep from the "Id rather just draft CBs and save space" crowd

Who's over valuing? If they were giving up a first for him I'd be pretty happy. You are confusing me saying what they are doing with condoning it.

To your other points, building is never done, thats why there is a draft ever year. New England are a good example but I think they overpaid for Gilmore. Trading for Cooks was a very nice move though. You look at what the Giants spent last year and realise that splashing out will heed decent results.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Sherman is a Zone corner, bruh. Like Norman.

I misspoke because there are really no "true man corners" anymore. True he plays a Cover 3 system but I meant getting away from the big tall jam at the line type cover guys. Carroll is 6' and everyone else on roster is sub that. Arguably there aren't a ton to compare currently rostered by us but letting Carr and Claiborne both go just to trade for a 29 year old we'd have to give up a lot for doesn't seem plausible.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Proposed trade by NJ writer:

Richard Sherman to Cowboys

The deal: Seattle sends Sherman to Dallas in exchange for LB Jaylon Smith and the 28th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The impact: Dallas gets one of the best corners in the game and a player that oozes swagger. Seattle moves on from Sherman, takes back a first-rounder and dreams on Smith actually finding health.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/2017_nfl_draft_trades_richard_sherman_rumors.html
The writer doesn't didnt do his homework on Seattle.
Speaking as a Hawks fan, Seattle is already set at LB with Wagner and KJ Wright. Personally I don't think Sherm will be traded, I think Seattle is just trying to get Sherm to "stay in his lane".

I think if Seattle were to trade Sherm with Dallas they get "their deal", which would include a stud OLman plus a pick, which is why it will never happen as Dallas won't do that.

In the end I think RS stays in Seattle and just stops talking to the local sports media.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
The things these writers do for clicks man.. It's crazy.

They sell their souls daily.
So VERY true! The sports media here in Seattle both radio/and print media have sold their souls daily many times over. They play the contrarian game here as they lowest forms of life. Sportsradio here is like listening to political talk, it's fallen that far.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The writer doesn't didnt do his homework on Seattle.
Speaking as a Hawks fan, Seattle is already set at LB with Wagner and KJ Wright. Personally I don't think Sherm will be traded, I think Seattle is just trying to get Sherm to "stay in his lane".
Well, they don't have a strongside LBer really. I don't know if Smith would be that attractive anyways nor would Dallas trade him after a year of investment.

Sherman is supposedly the one who requested the trade, so it may not be as much of the Seahawks trying to hold him down.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
How is it not discussed that Dallas trades a pick for Richard Sherman..

Today it was reported NE just bailed on negotiations.

If Dallas could trade a pick in next years draft, I say lets go do it. This team could make a real run if we have significant improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

That means they Seahawks want a helluva lot more than just 1 pick.

YR

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Draft is corner rich to give up anything capital wise for RS, let the Seahawks dupe the stupid with absurd trade requests.