Richard Sherman

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Sherman is a guy whose game I don't see aging well. Unless you think he's talented to make the switch to FS like Charles Woodson.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Sherman is a guy whose game I don't see aging well. Unless you think he's talented to make the switch to FS like Charles Woodson.

I see it aging very well because he has never used speed. Thats the aging part that always goes.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
This post based on falsehoods made me chuckle at people who believe this crap

I guess you're in the camp T.O wasn't a cancer or Hardy wasn't a cancer.........numerous occasions last year of Sherman's meltdowns against coaches and team mates on the sidelines and in the locker room last year and why Seattle has grown tired of it and are williing to move him....easily found is you choose to look chuckles..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pass, he is appears to be a system player and would struggle having to always follow the #1
I see it aging very well because he has never used speed. Thats the aging part that always goes.

CBs have to have reasonable speed. The guys with elite speed can afford to lose some and still be fast enough. A guy like Sherman does not have any extra speed that he can afford to lose.

Charles Woodson ran a 4.32 forty. Even his final season at age 38 he was probably faster than some guys (Barry Church) were at their peak.

It does seem as if Sherman would be able to move to Safety with his size and mental approach to the game; however, it's just a guess as to how good he would be there.

Sherman just turned 29 so he's probably got a couple of years remaining at CB; however, it would be a big risk to invest money or picks in him at this point.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Most of the people here who are against things like this are the folks who have no idea what we did to win 3 Super Bowls in th 90's. They are the folks who forget about going 21 years between Chanpionships because of an occasional first round playoff win. They don't mind that 1/2 of th NFL teams have been more successful than we have during the past two decades. And all of them would say he's the greatest CB in a hstatement league if he did sign with us.

Are you sure? We didn't win three Super Bowls in four years trading away premium picks for aging players. We built the most talented team in the NFL by accumulating draft picks and drafting well.

We began a steady decline when we began overpaying aging players and wasting draft picks.

The main reason we're making it back in the NFL is the fact we're drafting very well. We cannot throw away first and second day picks for players that will begin to decline.

robbieruff

Reaction score
It's been discussed in other threads, Not interested in him, he's a cancer on and off the field.....why don't you ask yourself, why does Seattle want to get rid of him???
Talking to my Seattle friends (I live reasonably close to the region) they all say the acrimony with Sherman and others (e.g., Lynch) stems from the blown SB and Carroll's game end mismanagement. I also have a niece who went to Stanford the same time as Sherman and has a pretty good friendship with him. She shared that he lost all respect for Carroll and the coaching staff after that loss to NE. Frankly, I can't disagree with him. If those are indeed the real reasons for the disunity at this point (which Seattle has had a history of over the years and I would argue that is a team culture issue and not just a Sherman issue), then I would pursue the guy without any hesitation. My two cents.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Are you sure? We didn't win three Super Bowls in four years trading away premium picks for aging players. We built the most talented team in the NFL by accumulating draft picks and drafting well.

We began a steady decline when we began overpaying aging players and wasting draft picks.

The main reason we're making it back in the NFL is the fact we're drafting very well. We cannot throw away first and second day picks for players that will begin to decline.
jimmy had several players that he didnt draft. then there was deion and haley.

Thing is Seattle does not want dallas picks which are too low.
This is all moot because dallas does not want him or the high salary, they want their picks, and they dont have any players to trade.

Bizwah

Reaction score
jimmy had several players that he didnt draft. then there was deion and haley.

Thing is Seattle does not want dallas picks which are too low.
This is all moot because dallas does not want him or the high salary, they want their picks, and they dont have any players to trade.
Jimmy never had Deion.

Haley yes....but the defense was really close. We just needed a pass rusher. There was also no salary cap back then.

Right now, we are more than one player away on defense.

mldardy

Reaction score
It's been discussed in other threads, Not interested in him, he's a cancer on and off the field.....why don't you ask yourself, why does Seattle want to get rid of him???
LOL at this ridiculousness, he is not a cancer. Not even close. Stop equating every outspoken athlete (Especially black) as a cancer. That's another word to replace using 'thug'. Nice try though but Sherman isn't a cancer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy never had Deion.

Haley yes....but the defense was really close. We just needed a pass rusher. There was also no salary cap back then.

Right now, we are more than one player away on defense.
Jimmy traded for players from minnesota, then casilas from atlanta, then some db from pittsburgh, and maybe some others.
He did build from the draft , because he had so many picks, and 89 was 1-15 which allowed him to pick high, and next year
6-10? so picking almost as high as we did last year.
But he also used trades to fill certain spots. Had he had FA he would have used it.

Jimmy didnt fool around, he wanted to build a winner quickly and start winning
I think a team is a reflection of the coach and his personality.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Trading for him is a win now move and they really are not in that mode right now. With Collins and Martin's contracts coming up they clearly have a need to funnel their resources towards that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Trading for him is a win now move and they really are not in that mode right now. With Collins and Martin's contracts coming up they clearly have a need to funnel their resources towards that.
I agree, but they should be in a win now mode, they were top seed last year! lol
But now they are acting like they will just build a super team so JG cant lose.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Jimmy traded for players from minnesota, then casilas from atlanta, then some db from pittsburgh, and maybe some others.
He did build from the draft , because he had so many picks, and 89 was 1-15 which allowed him to pick high, and next year
6-10? so picking almost as high as we did last year.
But he also used trades to fill certain spots. Had he had FA he would have used it.

Jimmy didnt fool around, he wanted to build a winner quickly and start winning
I think a team is a reflection of the coach and his personality.
The core of that team was built through the draft. Yes, we added players through trade and plan B FA. But it was a different time. The salary cap wasn't introduced until 1994. You could do more trading and FA years ago.

Now, the better teams...the ones with staying power...are built through the draft, just as our dynasty was.. Other than Haley, most of our FAs were reclamation projects...or young guys with potential. We NEVER threw big money at a FA until Deion came along.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
LOL at this ridiculousness, he is not a cancer. Not even close. Stop equating every outspoken athlete (Especially black) as a cancer. That's another word to replace using 'thug'. Nice try though but Sherman isn't a cancer.
No offense . I get you defending that Sherman isn't a cancer but wth is the reasoning behind "especially black"? I don't see where quest pointed out his reasoning for Sherman being a cancer is because he is black ? Why must you imply part of his reasoning has to do with race .. give me a break .., seriously

I personally don't think Sherman is a cancer .. I think he is an extremely intelligent outspoken athlete with incredible skills who is not a huge fan of his coaches decisions in the big game and appears to be on the outs somewhat with the Seahawks .. due to his strife with the team there is a chance he could become disruptive to them and cause some locker room challenges .. now with all that being said I wouldn't take on Sherman's contract ; he is approaching 30 and while his skills aren't going downward yet, they will eventually
I wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him .. I would prefer to give a 3 or 4 for him maybe even as high as 2 but that's only with new cap friendly contract for 3-4 years
I also don't feel Sherman is that one player that just puts us over the top ... we need more players than that
Right price sure .. but not likely as we aren't one db away from the next step

But to imply a race as a reason behind quests beliefs is just plain ludicrous...